Is Davey Richards the next Dynamite Kid/Chris Benoit?

The Great Muta

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but a sports entertainer as you call it is basically somone who can wrestle but also has charisma and character.

I thought a sports entertainer was basically just a pro wrestler? :confused:

Come on man, you get the difference. The WWE want all singing, all dancing

Yes, but a sports entertainer as you call it is basically somone who can wrestle but also has charisma and character.

The ability to actually wrestle is secondary to other "qualities" with WWE now though, isn't it?

• Paid Members
Just to set the record straight, a pro wrestler and a sports entertainer are exactly the same thing.

Dunno, Rob - I always felt "sports entertainer" was more about the style than the actual job. At the very least, it should be - makes it easier to differentiate when discussing how a wrestler adapts to or works with said style. WWE has sports entertainers, lucha has luchadors, etc.

Yes. Because he's a wrestler. I'm not a fan of the "sports entertainment" phrase though in ANY case.

Y'see, here's where I have a problem, as today I see sports entertainers actually wrestling less & less. Davey Richards is a wrestler in the traditional sense as far as I'm concerned, even if he does lack the qualities needed to be a "sports entertainer".

For that reason I would be incredibly surprised if he ever got anywhere with a company such as WWE.

Just to set the record straight, a pro wrestler and a sports entertainer are exactly the same thing.

Dunno, Rob - I always felt "sports entertainer" was more about the style than the actual job. At the very least, it should be - makes it easier to differentiate when discussing how a wrestler adapts to or works with said style. WWE has sports entertainers, lucha has luchadors, etc.

Luchadors are called luchadors because of the language different though, it essentially means wrestler. Put like this - if WWE went mental, actually signed Davey Richards, put him straight on TV and didn't ask/tell him to change his style at all, he'd be a sports entertainer, even though it's exactly the same act as he was doing on the indies as a "wrestler". It's just a WWE buzzword, just like "diva".

Archived