Zack Sabre Jnr in NOAH/KO *Updated 28/06/12*

cobystag

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well this sucks. I just lost and usher at my wedding :(

On the upside, an awesome guy and one of, if not the most talented pure wrestler in the country is getting an amazing opportunity that he has truly earned and achieves another milestone. Couldn't be happier for him. Well done Zack!

• Paid Members

To be fair, I only ever went to one IPW:UK show since they promised me Johnny Saint v Chris Hero, and certainly delivered, and they seem to hardly ever advertise something that doesn't happen, unless the import in question is a complete flake who reneges on their commitment....

Still, in terms of who I want my hard-earned (hah) cash to line the pockets of...

No

:thumbsup:

Absolutely top news for Zack, good on him :thumbsup: He certainly deserves it and is always a name that attracts me to shows and always puts on a great show in the various environments I've seen him in. The very best of luck to him, hope he has a blast.

I'm sure it's a proud day for Zack Sabre Sr too, although he didn't seem the proud type at TXW :laugh: (Off topic and speaking of TXW, any sign of a return Quentin, what's the status of your fine promotion?)

I think Ricky Marvins brother works as Mini Histeria in AAA. There's a Rocky and a Rocco, I guess Rocco's his dad.

How's he doing these days anyway? I followed him throughout his early days in Mexico and I was a fan from the first time I saw him at CMLLs first PPV. He was an amazing flyer when he was breaking through around 99/00 but over the next 5/6 years he developed into one of the best juniors in the World imo. I lost track of him a bit in the latter half of the 00s although i still managed to see some of his big matches from his first couple of years in NOAH, but i don't think i've saw much if anything since around 2006/2007. I saw a pic of him recently and it looked like Japan had been taking it's toll, but what's he like in-ring, is he still as great as he was 5/6 years ago? does he still like to fly or has he evolved into a more grounded, hard-hitter? And is there anything that's likely to be available on the streaming video sites from the last 3 or 4 years that i should check out?

It's a real pity from my viewpoint that Mexico has missed out on him for the last 5 or 6 years, but CMLL only have themselves to blame as they just weren't interested in elevating him when he was there. It could just as easily have been Marvin getting the Mistico treatment in Summer '04 and going on to be such a sensation.

(Off topic and speaking of TXW, any sign of a return Quentin, what's the status of your fine promotion?)

I too want to know the answer to this question. :D

And well done Zack, very well deserved. I can't wait to see how the tag brackets will take shape.

• Paid Members
I'm going to be blunt and just say that I wish Kobashi would call it a day.

Yeah. Not in a smarky "his performances might sully his legacy" kind of way, but a "I worry he's going to end up in a wheelchair real soon" kind of way.

• 2 weeks later...

Blocks are

A

Kanemaru KENTA

Ishimori Sabre

Kenou Kembai

Takaiwa Namiguchi

Evans Aerostar

B

Suzuki Aoki

Marvins

Nakajima Kajiwara

Kotoge Harada

Edwards Delirious

Here's hoping Kenou/Kenbai vs. Zack/Taiji makes TV.

Blocks are

A

Kanemaru KENTA

Ishimori Sabre

Kenou Kembai

Takaiwa Namiguchi

Evans Aerostar

B

Suzuki Aoki

Marvins

Nakajima Kajiwara

Kotoge Harada

Edwards Delirious

Kanemaru & KENTA v Ishimori & Sabre should be on another level

Blocks are

A

Kanemaru KENTA

Ishimori Sabre

Kenou Kembai

Takaiwa Namiguchi

Evans Aerostar

B

Suzuki Aoki

Marvins

Nakajima Kajiwara

Kotoge Harada

Edwards Delirious

Agreed, Zack/Kenou sounds like fun times.

Archived