UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

im up for that top 2 in league one v top 2 in league 2 and so s wmxxx so add me and invite when u boys are around to play! and see who is gonna claim the ultimate mega bowl!!

Ive not finished my final match yet so im not confirmed as second place, it just seems a much better idea to me seeing as I A. wasnt invited into league 1 and B. didnt stand a chance of winning league 2 when I took over. Ive lost one physical match all season to Werder in my very first match (although my lag was insane, even cutting out completely in the last 10 minutes of the game) so I feel this could be last chance saloon for me to win this (if I beat Bilbao)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to play sporting but he turned 5 (game) mins in and refused to play due to lag. Im happy to play at any point, but dunno ruling if he doesnt want to play the game

Shall we get the Fifa12 thread and rules etc up and rolling just so we are prepared to start on release date?

Can't believe it's just over two weeks before it's released.

Will start the thread soon. What does everybody think about accepting newcomers? As I think C/W mark asked earlier in the season, but as we're trying to go for a more reliable league it'll be a gamble if we take in too many.

But then I was a newcomer and I've kept up...

And some of the old guard are a pain in the ass to get games with.

True. I didn't mean have no newcomers at all. There have been a few of you who have joined this season and have been reliable players, which is good. I think the best thing to do will be to put a note in the sign up thread to try and warn people not to join if they don't think that they can last/play regularly for a full season.

Nice one Tezz. If you fancy making me one celebrating fat Grafite finishing as top scorer I'll slip you a tenner. ;)

Whilst we're waiting for the new game can you guys fill me in on this Ultimate Team thing? Although I've had Fifa for years I've never gone for UT. Is it any good? What's the idea?

leaguewinner.jpg

:D

I would like one of these to celebrate me becoming a two time champion.

For the new league i think take the players we know to be reliable and have one league. Maybe have another league for newcomers and those who show willing to play fixtures can fill the gaps of anyone who drops out of the main league.

That's excellent TezzRexx!

Nice one Tezz. If you fancy making me one celebrating fat Grafite finishing as top scorer I'll slip you a tenner. ;)

Whilst we're waiting for the new game can you guys fill me in on this Ultimate Team thing? Although I've had Fifa for years I've never gone for UT. Is it any good? What's the idea?

It's decent. It's quite addictive at the start but once you get to the stage where you can only really buy the top expensive players it becomes a bit of slog earning coins.

Basically it's a card collecting game where you aim to put together the best side you can. You start off with randomised poor players (mainly bronze level) and you then can improve your team by earning coins by playing exhibition games or online/offline tournaments. You can then buy better players in the market, try and sell some players for coins or trade them. You can buy packs (like sticker packs) which include random players and other items with ingame coins or real money and hope you find a star in one of them to either put in your team or sell on to raise some coins. The gold packs are the best. It's a bit of gamble obviously as getting and selling one top player can build you a decent team just from that one sale. There are other things to consider as well such a contracts, which you can buy in the market or get in packs. To build the best team possible it isn't just about buying all the best players as your team has to have chemistry to be successful. The best teams are made up of players from one league or of one nationality (or both), for instance my team is made up of players from Serie A, as they get the higher levels of chemistry.

The best thing to do is try it out before Fifa 12 is released. It's easier to understand once you pick it up as I've probably made it sound quite complicated.

Archived