UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

Besiktas 0 - 1 Lazio

Lazio pick up a victory in their last game of the season in a game in which Besiktas at least deserved a point. Besiktas started the brighter and kept the Lazio defenders on their toes. Their attacking eventually forced a corner which was cleared and then they were sucker punched with a textbook counter attack. As the ball was cleared from the corner it fell to Foggia who held off a Besiktas defender and then suddenly found himself in some space on the halfway line and outpaced the defence down the right. Foggia then chipped the ball to Floccari who immediately chipped the ball over the last defender for Mauro Zarate to turn into the net. It was harsh on Besiktas as not only was it Lazio's first attack but it was also the first time they had meaningfully crossed the halfway line. Not long after Lazio forced a good save out of the Besiktas 'keeper. Besiktas didn't lay down though and they had two excellent chances to score but both times Muslera made the save in a one-on-one situation. At half-time both sides were even with Besiktas unlucky to go in behind. Lazio perhaps started the brighter and could have made it two after Besiktas made several blocks in the area the ball fell to Hernanes (?) whose shot was well saved. For most of the rest of the half the game was dogged down in a midfield battle with neither side having any real clear cut chances. Unfortunately it seems that Bushwacker was unlucky to land one of the lesser teams as just like when I beat ebb 3-0 at the end of last season, both times I've played him I've wondered how he hasn't won a game yet this season as he's very competitive even without a decent side.

Lazio scorer: Zarate (10')

Re: The Bordeaux/Besiktas thing. I'm fine with it as I guess it's the more likely result (I've already declared your earlier match a draw anyway so it's not like wmxxx has been given full points against bushwacker this season). Overall it's down to Tildeguy and scottingham though as they're the ones who'll be affected by it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 11 (Monday 5th September -> Sunday 11th September)

Week 10 remainders

PSG v Bordeaux

Sunderland v Wolfsburg

Besiktas v Newcastle

Bordeaux v Sunderland

Week 9 remainders (last week for this):

Wolfsburg v PSG

Week 8 remainders (last week for this):

Bordeaux 2 v 0 Besiktas (result under consideration - need opinions of Tildeguy and Scottingham)

Division Two

Week 11 fixtures:

Athletic Bilbao v Blackburn

Bolton v Fiorentina

Genoa v Stoke

Palermo v Sporting

Werder Bremen v CSKA

CSKA v Athletic Bilbao

Fiorentina v Palermo

Fulham 0 v 1 Bolton

Sporting v Genoa

Stoke v Werder

Week 10 remainders:

Athletic Bilbao v Genoa

Blackburn v Palermo

CSKA v Bolton

Sporting v Fiorentina

Blackburn v Werder Bremen

Fiorentina v Fulham

Sporting v Bolton

Stoke v Palermo

Week 9 remainders (last week for these):

Genoa v Blackburn

Palermo v CSKA

Werder Bremen v Athletic Bilbao

Bolton v Blackburn

Palermo v Athletic Bilbao

Week 8 remainders (last week for these):

Fulham v Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao v Bolton

Notes:

The D1 and D2 tables have been updated and are on the first post.

Division One

The big news is that the battle for the title is now a two horse race, with PSG now unable to catch new leaders Newcastle. Defending title holder wmxxx

Newcastle(Gutierrez) 1-3 Besiktas(Bobo 2,Guti)

Besiktas turned the form book on it's head with a 3-1 win at St James Park, powerhouse forward Bobo bustled his way into the box to fire the Turks ahead after just 3 minutes, both sides attacked with venom with Ameobi looking dangerous for Newcastle whilst the Newcastle goalkeeper was called into action on several occasions making a number of saves and defending a large amount of Besiktas corners, Besiktas made it 2-0 when Guti burst through and slotted cooly into the bottom corner, Jonas Gutierrez fired back for Newcastle before Ameobi fired just wide.

The second half saw Newcastle apply more pressure but some good defending by Besiktas kept them at bay, in the 90+ minute Besiktas won a corner from which Bobo headed home to make it 3-1

newcastle 1 besiktas 3

gutierrez bobo 2 guti

a poor display from newcastle and a battling performance from besiktas saw newcastle title aspirations blow up infront of there eyes!! some very poor defending from myself gifted the goals away but they calmly finished from besiktas.

obviously i wouldnt want wmxxx to b gifted the win as i had points took from me earlier in the season for not being able to play spartak who ultimately left after losing to everyone!

A 0-0 draw it is then between Besiktas and Bordeaux, will update the table.

just one little thing in the notes section, i'd already won 1 game so the win over newcastle wasn't my first victory (not that it disguises my piss poor record this season)

Oops, so you did, my apologies. I had in my mind that you had a win against one of the teams who had left which had been wiped off and thought that was your previous win. Have corrected it.

Edit: The table has been updated.

Keep missing out on valuable goals here, since I started in the league, Ive taken CSKA from second bottom without a win due to the previous person giving up within a few weeks, to fighting for the title, my only physical defeat coming from Werder Bremen in arguably the worst playing conditions of all time (unbearable lag caused only by myself) Ive improved connection and done everything to get my matches out of the way, messaged people, been on as much as possible etc, and again im trying to complete matches that I have known about for 2/3 weeks.

Bordeaux 2 Sunderland 0

A brace from Wendel puts Bordeaux on the brink of winning the league. After a tight first half where Wendel and Jussie went close for the Bordeaux the teams went in level at the interval. It only took till the 51st minute for Wendel to head home after a great cross by Plasil from the right wing. Bordeaux doubled there lead when Wendel slotted home from the penalty spot after 70 minutes and effectively ended the game as a contest. A win against PSG will secure a second title in a row for me regardless of the situation with the besiktas game.

Sunderland 0 - 0 Wolfsburg

A battle of a game. Both sides very evenly match and whilst both had minimal chances the one or two clear cut chances that fell to both sides were evenly shared. I was gutted when through on goal with pretty much the last kick of the game I pressed pass instead of shoot and it proved an easy save for the keeper. Can't argue with the result though. Both sides deserved something from the game.

Archived