OPWO Scorn 2: The Rebirth Of OPWO

FishAndChips

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If it has such a reputation why would someone be a new owner when they could just start a brand new fed up with no rep. Surely no rep is better than a bad (infamous) one

Tell that to 1PW...

Yeah, but in fairness, 1PW's probably the only UK brand that has a modicum of value to it - the sheer, blind fan loyalty, even now, is something worth paying for, I think.

If it has such a reputation why would someone be a new owner when they could just start a brand new fed up with no rep. Surely no rep is better than a bad (infamous) one

Tell that to 1PW...

Yeah, but in fairness, 1PW's probably the only UK brand that has a modicum of value to it - the sheer, blind fan loyalty, even now, is something worth paying for, I think.

While I see your point it must be said that the draws over the May weekend shows would suggest otherwise at this point

• Paid Members

When was the last time that was even close to being true?

Before their most recent event. Did you not see their Facebook page, with the number of people STILL defending them to the hilt? A promoter would be mad not to take advantage of such fervour; it's a guaranteed minimum attendance.

I'd hazard a guess that, even now, there are still a few of the "1PW Family" talking about how people who criticise them should be "praising them for their contributions to British wrestling", blah blah blah.

Before their most recent event. Did you not see their Facebook page, with the number of people STILL defending them to the hilt?

That means nothing when you have so many big names on a show and have a shit turnout in comparison. The 1PW name does more harm than good because so many people want nothing to do with it now.

• Paid Members
Before their most recent event. Did you not see their Facebook page, with the number of people STILL defending them to the hilt?

That means nothing when you have so many big names on a show and have a shit turnout in comparison. The 1PW name does more harm than good because so many people want nothing to do with it now.

True, but I wasn't making any comment on the actual shows - even before the last event, the 1PW brand still had enough pull with its hardcore fanbase that they could've run a hall show, rather than a big one that they just did, and probably got a turnout most BritWres promotions would be happy to have, and which shitarse promotions would chew their arms off for.

Thats a valid point however its probably gotta be coupled with the fact the champions league final was on that night too. But yeah their fans are retarded.

Hey, I wasn't saying their fans aren't retarded. Somebody scams you that much and you still praise them, you must be fucking remedial. But from a purely cynical, promoter's point of view, that's custom, and you can turn that into some money. If you're a smart promoter, you'll put on decent shows to get repeat custom, but hey-ho...

Archived