Gathering of the Juggalos 2011

Quentin

Why didnt Scott Hall wrestle in that match as scheduled? Or is that a daft question?

It was meant to be a 6-person with Nash, Hall and Waltman against the Outlaws and Chyna, but Chyna pulled out of the show or no-showed, not sure which.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Did Colt Cabana do stand-up at this? Just watched a bit of Foley's set, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually.

I've been searching for videos and write ups and the only thing I've found is this

Colt Cabana went on after that, and while I've never seen him wrestle personally, his standup was GODAWFUL. You could literally hear crickets chirping. The funniest part of the set Was at the end when he was trying to tell his last joke, someone yelled out "You're a faggot!". Without finishing the joke, he just said something like "I'm Colt Cabana, goodnight!" That shit had the audience Rolling!

Pretty harsh.

I watched this show last night it was a bit indifferent to say the least :rolleyes:

It was Heroes of Wrestling bad. That battle royal, Jesus Christ. Everyone was shit.

Also: Greg Valentine does not give a single fuck any more. That postmatch angle was almost as bad as Robbie Brookside claiming his eye was hanging out of his socket because someone threw powder at him.

Nothing wrong with NAO/NWO though, even if Scott Hall was sadly wasted (in the 'no condition to perform' sense).

Roddy Piper seems a lot more 'with it' than he used to be. Terry Funk doesn't really seem as if he knows where he is any more, and his promos seem a bit confused. It's quite sad :(

• Paid Members

I liked the show because of what it was. I'll probably never watch it twice, but it was mad seeing all those old wrestlers looking like that. Ron Garvin looks so different Dave Penzer didnt know who he was. The best thing about the battle royal was the interviews during the match that Foley was conducting. Viscera tried the finish THREE times and a combination of Zack Gowen not being able to hold the rope down and Big Vis not being able to take the bump over the rope correctly ruined it. I say ruined, but at least you get a laugh out of it. I wouldnt say it was as bad as Heroes of Wrestling, because every match on that show was the pits. There was more funny and decent moments on this show than that one.

Jimmy Snuka was wearing his 1989 outfit! He wore nothing but ankle braclets and Del Boy's underpants. I thought your supposed to wear more clothes as you age.

• Paid Members

I thought Valentine looked exactly the same as he did 20 years ago but will a slightly bigger gut. Backlund though looked like he hadn't aged a day exactly how I saw him last.

The show was as expected, it's always more a comedic event than wrestling, it just happens to involve them. I wonder how much $$$ ICP had to shell out to book them all?

• Paid Members

Apparently Waltman got massively stoned with the Juggalos in the crowd for a good hour before coming out for his match too. Excellent.

Also I found this:

While we were at the WFuckOff Radio tent, I saw our homie SP running merch for Wolfpac. He told me that Scott Hall aka Razor Ramone came up to Wolfpac's merch tent, which got them all hype! Hall then pulled an asshole move and said they would be hearing from his lawyers because of the Wolfpac name.Really? Fucking seriously? I'm pretty sure Wolfpac (the group) has been around for a minute...and what are Scott Hall's drunk ass and his lawyers gonna do...sue The Hangover movie too? Fuckin tard.

Great.

• Paid Members
The show was as expected, it's always more a comedic event than wrestling, it just happens to involve them. I wonder how much $$$ ICP had to shell out to book them all?

They were on Howard Stern last year and they said they've never turned a profit on a Gathering event ever, and I dont imagine the wrestling shows are much different. They dont seem to give a toss about it turning a profit. They had a good 50 wrestlers on the card. None were going to be working for free. Its probably the only place you'll see Ken Patera in 2011.

Hall then pulled an asshole move and said they would be hearing from his lawyers because of the Wolfpac name.

Thats a bit strange considering TNA went to see if they could use the name "Wolfpac" in TNA for the Band and they got turned down because WWE owns it as it pertains to wrestling. Hall must think he owns it because he came up with it though. Hall came up with most of what the nWo did. He came up with the "4 Life" thing, the "2 Sweet" thing, the Wolfpac name. Hall was on the button in 1996. He could have been massive in the Attitude era if he had himself together.

• Paid Members

Oh without a doubt they make a loss on these types of things I'd just like to know how much they would spend. One of the reasons I love ICP is because of the kind of stuff they do to please their fans. They usually go all out. On the other side of that they are smart business men and without a doubt completely set for life.

icp_medium.jpg

• Paid Members
They said on Stern at the last Gathering they lost $15,000 and were happy with losing so little!

This was last years Wrestling at the Gathering. It's not as star studded, but fair play they pack alot in.

JCW PRESENTS:

ODDBALL WRESTLING

Friday Night @ Midnight

Match 1: “6 Freeks & 2 Geeks”

Ricochet VS The Poodle VS Slappy Slap Ass The Clown VS Ape Boy VS Dead Ned VS Mr. Handley VS Milk Dud VS Pimpalicious

Match 2: “First Blood Match”

Officer Colt Cabana VS Sabu

Match 3: “Tables & Ladders”

The Davari Brothers (Shawn & Arari) with Truth Martini VS The Ring Rydas

Match 4: “Ninjas Bring The Weapons”

Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher VS Vortex & Malcolm Monroe Jr.

Match 5: “Barbed Wire Madness”

Masada VS Elkview Adams

Match 6: “Barbed Wire Log Cabin of Glass”

Viper VS Harris The Psychopathic

Match 7: “Barbed Wire Thai Pai Glass”

Bull Pain & Ian Rotten VS Corporal Robinson & 2 Tuff Tony

JCW PRESENTS:

FLASHLIGHT WRESTLING

“LEGENDS & LOONIES”

Friday Night @ 4:00am

Match 1: “Screams in the Night”

The Haters & Kamala The Ugandan Giant VS Rock-N-Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) & Tommy “Wild Fire” Rich

Match 2: “Feuding Famous Family Names”

“Cowboy” Bob Orton VS “Bullet” Bob Armstrong

Match 3: “Revenge of the Bully”

“Richie Boy” Bryer Wellington with his butler Geeves VS Eugine

Match 4: Good Ol’ Scrap”

“Southern” Tracy Smothers with Isabella VS “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

Match 5: “Out For Blood”

Gangrel & Kevin Thorn & Truth Martini VS Corporal Robinson & 2 Tuff Tony

JCW PRESENTS:

BLOODYMANIA 4!!

Saturday Night @ Midnight

Match 1: “Above the Law”

Officer Cabana VS The Weedman with Johnny Richter

Match 2: “3 Way Explosion!!”

Davari with Truth Martini VS Joey Ryan VS The Road Dogg with AMB

Match 3: “Super Indie Dream 4 Way Tag”

The Haters (Vito and Pauly Thomaselli) VS The Briscos (Jay and Mark Brisco) VS The Kings of Wrestlings (Chris Hero and Claudio Castinova) VS The Ring Rydas (Ryda Red and Ryda Blue)

Match 4: “Somebody’s Getting’ Punched”

Twinky Hop VS Butterbean

Match 5: “Heatwave!”

“Southern” Tracy Smothers with Isabella Smothers VS Booker T with Boondox

Match 6: “Bad Ass Chick Fight”

Isabella Smothers VS “The World’s Tallest Juggalette” 5’ 2” talls Isis with Sugar Slam

Match 7: “Super Death Match”

Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher VS Balls Mahoney & Hollywood Chuck Hogan

Match 8: “Triple Mix Main Event”

Raven with Todd Bridges VS Mike Knox with Scott Damore VS Corporal Robinson with Terry Funk

JCW PRESENTS:

FLASHLIGHT WRESTLING

“HANGIN’ WIT’ HEROES”

Saturday Night @ 4:00am

Match 1: “Tag Team Tangle”

Bull Pain & “Bloody” Ian Rotten VS “Hands of Stone” Ronnie Garvin & “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

Match 2: “Classic Confrontation”

“Dirty” Dutch Mantal VS Gypsy Joe

Match 3: “Stop the Hatin’”

The Haters VS Kamala & The Weedman

Match 4: “Late Night Nitro”

Buff Bagwell & Disco Inferno VS PG 13

Match 5: “A Serious Issue”

Balls Mahoney with Masada VS 2 Tuff Tony with Terry Funk

Archived