man cured of HIV

Blueknowzit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You lot are fucking spackers. Dalton is the best Bond by about 15 lightyears. Licence to Kill is my favourite Bond flick. View to a Kill would be the best one had they given the slot to Dalton one movie earlier and not had a 500 year old Roger Moore stinking the joint up. Moore was excellent in general, but his time was well up by View to a Kill.

Most of the Bond actors have been good to be fair to them all. Connery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Criag all play the role well, and all bring something else to the table. I feel for Brosnan a bit, cause I thought was a very good James Bond, but the James Bond he got to play was usually in a shit James Bond movie. Goldeneye aside, Brosnan surely has the worst ratio for stinkers v good movies during his tenure as 007? What did he do, 5 films and 4 of them were shockers? I tend to like the more "straight shooter" type James Bonds that Dalton and Craig play. Gone (by in large) are the gizmos and the shit one liners and instead you have a cold, hard, bitter killer acting on impulsive rage and revenge. There is only really Lasenby (or however you spell it) who was totally forgettable as James Bond.

What the hell is Rocky 5?

I'll go for a tie between Moore and Brosnan. Brosnan was the one I grew up with and Bond is just typecast as him in my eyes. The majority of the films are great and done a really nice job of dragging the franchise kicking and screaming into the 90's. I see such a gulf between License To Kill and GoldenEye just in terms of how it looks and feels. It felt like two decades not six years.

I'm not a massive fan of the Connery films. I respect the hell out of them but the debonair, controlled Bond is my least favourite. Moore is just brilliant. It's like a pervy old uncle saving the world and having an absoloute ball doing so.

• Paid Members

I haven't seen Lazemby, but have heard his panning was harsh and was actually pretty good (for someone with no acting experience). Following Connery was never going to be easy.

I've seen the others, the only one I'm not convinced with is Brosnan. I didn't dislike him, but he just wasn't particularly decent. He came across as smarmy, but not in a good "I'm the man, I'm going to fuck that tart and leave her for dead after" kind of way.

I don't dislike anyone who's played Bond, but here's how the ranking goes

Roger Moore > Timothy Dalton > Sean Connery > Pierce Brosnan = Daniel Craig > George Lazenby

Poor old Lazenby's not bad, but his chemistry with Diana Rigg in OHMSS is truly awful.

Archived