Matches that should take place, before it is too late.

Steomac

• Paid Members

He recently said he's in the condition where he could wrestle full time for 2 years if he wanted to, but he doesnt want to be one of those guys who goes on for too long. I reckon a good offer could get him back for one last WM match though, especially against someone who he can trust to make him look as good as possible like CM Punk.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until this year i would have gone with Austin vs. Rock, but i feel it wouldnt mean anywhere near as much now Rock is already returning to face Cena. IMO it would have been a much bigger deal if it was their only return to active competition. With that said..

Undertaker vs. Cena - Wrestlemania match for sure and one i'd love to see as they've never really crossed paths since Cena hit the main event level.

Austin vs. Triple H - I really would love to see one more go around.

Bret Hart vs. ??? - I'm not sure who i'd put Bret up against as i simply don't know just how limited he actually is in the ring. I know the legal situation that prevents him from any real in-ring action and led to that bloody awful Wrestlemania match against Vince. But he looks to be in reasonable health all things considered and i'd love to see him in a real match worked to the best of his current ability for one last dance. I guess the biggest factor is just how much it will cost Vince in damages to have Hart actively compete. As it was clearly more than he was willing to pay for his Wrestlemania match i doubt we'll ever see it.

If Orton could revisit his previous legend killer gimmick and actually deliver with it i'd love to see him against The Rock. I loved Orton 2003-2005, he was great to watch, the character was spot on and his matches delivered. I loved the cocky heel genuinely overcoming the legends in a (mostly) clean fashion.

• Paid Members

Assuming Michaels would go down the Flair route (about 99% unlikely to happen), then Lesnar vs. Michaels.

Also, Triple H vs. Lesnar. A shame we never got to see that.

I'd say an absolute shit load of money would probably help for starters.

He could have gotten a shitload of money from any wrestling promotion in the world to do nothing or to wrestle a match at any WrestleMania in the last 7 years. He probably doesnt need the money. He's in his late 40s now and seems smarter than your average bear. The fact he's in his late 40s and is feeling great probably's means he doesnt want to undo the rest his battered bodies had. I cant see him ever coming back. For a man who's body was destroyed in the 90s, its great to hear he doesn't suffer pain on a daily basis. He'd be mental to risk that comfort.

Maybe so. I suppose it all depends on how much pain he was in/still is, and only one person knows that - all we can do is summise. Maybe he's suddenly gotten the bug back with his involvement with TE and his apperance earlier in the year.

I'm only speculating, as the dollar signs usually govern wrestler come backs - even smart bears.

Yeah, my rationale is that Austin has the bug back. It's clear from watching TE, he rolled with Luke, probably did with others as well, and he basically went through his 5 moves of doom (right hands, mudhole stomping, Lou Thesz, signature elbow drop, Stunner) with Alex Riley on Raw. Pretty sure Austin has listed both Punk and Orton as guys he would like to wrestle in interviews.

You definitely get that impression from TE. He looks healthy, he had a quick lock-up and looked fine, and the whole experience seems to have reinvigorated his love for wrestling.

I think it just depends on what they offer him. The last few years, the WWE have always pushed Austin to wrestle Hogan, something he clearly has no interest in doing. If they lined up some intersting opponents then he might bite. But the flip side is, wrestling someone like Punk diminishes Austin, who right now is one of those names people throw into dream matches with Sting, Taker, people like that. Once he wrestled a few upper midcarders on PPV, people won't be as interested in potential big matches like that.

You definitely get that impression from TE. He looks healthy, he had a quick lock-up and looked fine, and the whole experience seems to have reinvigorated his love for wrestling.

I think it just depends on what they offer him. The last few years, the WWE have always pushed Austin to wrestle Hogan, something he clearly has no interest in doing. If they lined up some intersting opponents then he might bite. But the flip side is, wrestling someone like Punk diminishes Austin, who right now is one of those names people throw into dream matches with Sting, Taker, people like that. Once he wrestled a few upper midcarders on PPV, people won't be as interested in potential big matches like that.

Depending on how far in advance it was all arranged, though, the smart thing to do would be to spend the time between deal-signing and the feud starting making Punk seem like a big, big deal.

Completely agree with that.

The only people that the audience would see on a par with Austin for me are the likes of Cena, Orton, HHH & Taker.

Having him face people like Punk & The Miz totally diminishes Austin.

I'd love to see a Mania double header main event next year of -

WWE Title - John Cena vs The Rock

World Title - Randy Orton vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

Could build it up as Attitude Era vs The Present Generation or something, would be an intriguing story to see if The Rock & Austin could both "go" that one last time and win the gold.

Fill the card up with HHH/Punk, Taker/Del Rio, Mysterio/Sin Cara etc and you would have one hell of an event.

• Paid Members

That happened on a houseshow sometime in 2002. I still remember the story about it. It had been advertised as "Title vs Title", and they managed to piss off the fans right off the bat by having HHH come out refusing to put his belt up. Brock came out playing babyface (I think it might have been in his hometown), and had the crowd turn on him at some point through the match leading to HHH getting cheered for the rest of it.

Would have been fun to see. Lesnar won, and got to kick out of a Pedigree.

• Paid Members

That happened on a houseshow sometime in 2002. I still remember the story about it. It had been advertised as "Title vs Title", and they managed to piss off the fans right off the bat by having HHH come out refusing to put his belt up. Brock came out playing babyface (I think it might have been in his hometown), and had the crowd turn on him at some point through the match leading to HHH getting cheered for the rest of it.

Would have been fun to see. Lesnar won, and got to kick out of a Pedigree.

Yeah, does sound like it would've been fun, especially as it was during a period that Triple H was being positioned as near-invincible. Lesnar was always the most intriguing possible opponent for him back then.

But to be honest, I think even that house-show match wouldn't have been enough - I wanted to see a whole storyline built up around what Lesnar was going to do to Triple H once he got past the rest of Evolution, particularly Batista.

If he goes back to WWE at end of contract then Angle vs Taker at WM

In TNA i'd like to see AJ vs Kendrick, not a big match but given TV time and build it round how Kendrick goes nuts on AJ saying he used to be the backbone of the X Division but forgot his roots to be a non division competitior and challenges him to a match as a one off. think they could work a well based bout but its not a major draw.

I'm sure we had cena vs taker, champion vs champion, on a raw within the last few years. From what I remember it was a decent if short match with a dodgy finish. But yes... This is a ppv match that NEEDS to happen.

The other one I'd suggest would be michaels vs rock. It's not too late!

Edit: here we go. Cena vs taker happened on raw in 2006.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66jxu_un...06-raw-fa_sport

Goldberg vs The Undertaker.

A good WrestleMania opponent in my opinion. Have Goldberg return with a final goal in his pro wrestling career.

"Years ago I made my name in wrestling with a 100 plus winning streak. Next I'm gonna put the exclamation mark on my legacy by ending one!"

William Regal vs Doug Williams.

Archived