Matches that should take place, before it is too late.

Steomac

Go easy on me, this is my 1st ever post on here.

Was thinking about this before, and this might bring up some fantastic suggestions.

Looking through the rosters of WWE and TNA - what matches do you think could still take place - and would have a big match feel. (Example of The Undertaker vs Triple H from this years' WM).

Now you must use the current rosters of WWE and TNA - you can use free agents providing they have worked for the mentioned company before. (Eg: The New Age Outlaws are free agents have worked for both - so they could fall under both companies).

Mine would be:

The Hardy Boys vs The Dudley Boys (Team 3D) - Tables, Ladders & Chairs. I'd love to see TNA stick one up WWE and host this match rather than WWE host a watered down version of it. Obviously permitting Jeff sorts his problems out. I just think that 2011 would be the last time these four could really tear it up together. Knowing TNA though we'll see a horrible version of it in 2016 :laugh:

Feels odd to be saying, that a match that we used to see so frequently, I actually find myself craving in 2011.

So, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No cross overs! :laugh: Otherwise it'd be too easy! Although you can, in some cases, never say never. Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan showing up in TNA would be a prime example of that!

• Paid Members
HBK vs Randy Orton

HBK is retired now so surely it's too late for them to have another match?

Personally I'd go along with Cena vs Taker too, preferably at WrestleMania. Although is it entirely out of the question to say The Rock vs HHH one more time..?

Goldberg - Cena

Goldberg - Austin

Lesnar - Austin

Sting - Taker

Hogan - Cena

and the most intriguing one

Batista - Lesnar

I think it says a lot about where wrestling has ended up that most of them involve people no longer in WWE.

• Paid Members
Knowing TNA though we'll see a horrible version of it in 2016 :laugh:

Your championing for a match from 11 years ago and your worried about it being put off until 2016? In 2011 it would be shit. They would NEVER live up to what the originals were. Wouldn't even have a big match feel to it either. Just another chance to revive the glory days and fail miserably at it.

Well, with all the drama surrounding CM Punk and his contract status, I think the perfect carrot to dangle at him in order for him to re-sign is a WM match with Steve Austin. The promos write themselves and are sure to deliver, and Stone Cold is in terrific shape. We've seen more physicality out of him in 2011 than we did in 2003, considering his work with the TE contestants and the sequence on Raw with the Miz and Alex Riley. I really think WWE are working towards featuring Austin in one more match, they had the WWE champion put focus on this idea in a featured segment on the post-WM Raw.

Well, with all the drama surrounding CM Punk and his contract status, I think the perfect carrot to dangle at him in order for him to re-sign is a WM match with Steve Austin.

What carrot would there be to dangle at Austin to come out of retirement then?

I'd say an absolute shit load of money would probably help for starters.

• Paid Members

He could have gotten a shitload of money from any wrestling promotion in the world to do nothing or to wrestle a match at any WrestleMania in the last 7 years. He probably doesnt need the money. He's in his late 40s now and seems smarter than your average bear. The fact he's in his late 40s and is feeling great probably's means he doesnt want to undo the rest his battered bodies had. I cant see him ever coming back. For a man who's body was destroyed in the 90s, its great to hear he doesn't suffer pain on a daily basis. He'd be mental to risk that comfort.

He could have gotten a shitload of money from any wrestling promotion in the world to do nothing or to wrestle a match at any WrestleMania in the last 7 years. He probably doesnt need the money. He's in his late 40s now and seems smarter than your average bear. The fact he's in his late 40s and is feeling great probably's means he doesnt want to undo the rest his battered bodies had. I cant see him ever coming back. For a man who's body was destroyed in the 90s, its great to hear he doesn't suffer pain on a daily basis. He'd be mental to risk that comfort.

Maybe so. I suppose it all depends on how much pain he was in/still is, and only one person knows that - all we can do is summise. Maybe he's suddenly gotten the bug back with his involvement with TE and his apperance earlier in the year.

I'm only speculating, as the dollar signs usually govern wrestler come backs - even smart bears.

• Paid Members

I honestly expect Austin to wrestle one last match. In interviews he seems to waver between being tempted by the prospect and being completely against it given his health. I get the impression he's tempted at the very least.

It would probably be easy enough for Austin to do another match i'd imagine. He's always been able to hit the stunner even whilst he was in a terrible way, and i'm sure a thesz press wouldn't kill him either. Other than those and maybe a couple of minor bumps in taking some token offence from whoever he's facing, there really wouldn't be any need for him to put his body at risk. He could still create a compelling match using little more than punch, kick, clothesline & mudhole stomping.

Archived