Smackdown Discussion 3/06/11

Slapnut

I enjoyed elements of the show but as usual things are dragged out and unnessecarily long. They could have made a ton of cuts and filled it with other superstars and made use of alot of valuable time.

For example, they had Christian have a match vs Mark Henry at the start and then do a promo afterwards. With the roster so thin they should have scrapped that match and saved it for a possible fued later down the line. Christian should have just come straight out to do his promo. The match was meaningless and Mark Henry has lost momentum because of it. And then they had Cody Rhodes promo that I enjoyed, but really they could have scrapped that too and just had him come out during Daniel Bryan's match. He could have done a shorter version of that promo backstage if he wanted to in 3 minutes instead of the 10-15 it actually took up.

They have so many talented guys with a ton of potential just sitting on the sidelines, by cutting just a few segments of each show down or out completely the currently weak roster could really be bolstered up.

I agree with this. The Smackdown team has a compulsion to overexpose every wrestler and rivalry, though. Cutting stuff down wouldn't just free up time for underutilised talents, it'd keep the overutilised talents from being boring and stale.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving Christian at the moment.

That guy who faced off against Wade is just another Bobby Lashley with little charisma and just all muscle. Hopefully he won't hang around long.

Christian will probably win the title at the next PPV (next week?) by not winning clean and hold onto it for the next few months and in typical Christian character fashion will probably give Orton his one rematch, somehow beat him and then say "That's it as far as chances go".

Archived