Smackdown Discussion 3/06/11

Slapnut

Not quite sure if Christian turned heel at the end, but it definitely seemed like it. According to a report the live crowd cheered it, but there were a lot of boo's that must have been piped in on the actual broadcast.

I hope not, well I say that but if Christian is heel what concerns me is that there isn't another babyface in the main event scene unless Alex Riley is going to fill that void or something!

Yeah, plus he's arguably the most over face on Smackdown right now, and as good a heel as he is, he's just so popular right now.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only caught the main event which was a really strong match with a great finish. Orton/Christian is easily feud of the year so far, and unlike so many recent programs I want it to keep going. Those two have fantastic chemistry together and this is the most interesting Orton has been in years.

Not quite sure if Christian turned heel at the end, but it definitely seemed like it. According to a report the live crowd cheered it, but there were a lot of boo's that must have been piped in on the actual broadcast.

I hope not, well I say that but if Christian is heel what concerns me is that there isn't another babyface in the main event scene unless Alex Riley is going to fill that void or something!

Alex Riley's on Raw, not Smackdown.

That milk segment has got to get .giffed, surely.

x1irs7.gif

I was hoping for the close up and angry but this works too.

You say that but i distinctly recall him being drafted to Smackdown, I know he's on RAW but i'm pretty sure he was drafted.

You say that but i distinctly recall him being drafted to Smackdown, I know he's on RAW but i'm pretty sure he was drafted.

found this on wiki

On that same show, the Anonymous Raw General Manager re-hired him back to Raw thus moving him back to the brand

I do say that - he's been signed back to Raw after being drafted to Smackdown.

Personally I really liked the way everything shook out. It might even be my favourite heel turn in a long time, such was the level of believability to it. You've got this nice guy who fought for a lifetime to achieve his goal, lost it before he could take a breath, tried and tried again to get it back, and then finally snapped out of genuine personal, professional and competitive frustration. It's believable and sympathetic while still being obviously heelish and wrong. And Christian's now in a position where he can go full-fledged heel or he can play that role for a while before coming to his senses and turning face again. I think it's been a brilliantly booked programme thus far and I'm really intrigued to see where they go with it next.

Also, I absolutely adore Cody Rhodes at the minute. I know some people are probably getting tired of the repetitive nature of the "for your benefit, and at great expense to myself" promo, but I think he's probably only second to CM Punk at the moment when it comes to staying in character 100% of the time and adding entertaining little flourishes to his work. I'm looking forward to the idea of a PPV match with Daniel Bryan and the end of this week's segment - Sin Cara coming to help Daniel Bryan evade a DiBiase/Rhodes beatdown - is possibly the first time in god-knows-how-long that I've been excited at the prospect of an inevitable slung together tag match. I just hope this doesn't mean Sin Cara might be muscling in on Daniel Bryan's match.

And, yes, Sheamus is fantastic. Always great when he gets to play gutless and sneaky rather than just aggressive.

• Paid Members

I thought the most heelish thing Christian did was cost Sheamus the match! Usually its a heel getting cocky with the ref only for the ref to have the last laugh, but Sheamus hit him by mistake!

Archived