How's this for plagiarism?

JNLister

• Paid Members
But what is there to discuss? He had already emailed the website about the offending article so it wasn't a "What can I do about this" scenario, as Seven put it, it was dick waving.

Forgetting Lister's motivation, I guess the main thing is whether or not the second author had any right to do what he did, or whether it's actually plagiarism. I get what you're saying, I just don't see the point in people jumping all over Lister for posting.

Having said that, it's frustrating as fuck if you're plagiarised, you don't really want to see someone else get the credit for something you've done, I can understand why he might want to post a thread like this. It's reads to me as frustration and anger instead of "dick waving". Maybe the wrestlingroundtable site were slow to take down the article?

But they HAVE now taken down the article, so perhaps that's the whole issue resolved?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
That is the main thing in the overall scheme of things yes, but in the context of the UKFF - namely being so utterly smug and self-important to start a thread about it, the focus changes somewhat.

True. Wouldn't surprise me if he posted a 2 week countdown of his 50 favourite wrestlers next.

That is the main thing in the overall scheme of things yes, but in the context of the UKFF - namely being so utterly smug and self-important to start a thread about it, the focus changes somewhat.

True. Wouldn't surprise me if he posted a 2 week countdown of his 50 favourite wrestlers next.

That's better.

Then moan when a Matt Cardle fansite steals it word for word.

• Moderators
I like Lister's writing, but then I only know two wrestling writers and the other one is TwoSheds, so...

I like both of their writing. For very different reasons though.

• Moderators

Fatboy_reacts.gif

• Paid Members

I've always enjoyed John Listers writing, and own both his books which are really good. But if it was Khemical posting on here about someone nicking stuff from his website, he'd get flamed to fuck. Not saying Lister was a smeghead for posting this thread, but I'm just saying its not unthinkable for someone to suggest that if it was someone different, he'd get chopped to bits. Even if it was $tew or Freaky Jason, if they posted that Diva Dirt was ripping them off, there would be an invasion of all kinds of posters on this forum ready to have a go telling them to get over themselves. And I bet nobody would defend them like people have with this thread.

• Paid Members
Even if it was $tew or Freaky Jason, if they posted that Diva Dirt was ripping them off, there would be an invasion of all kinds of posters on this forum ready to have a go telling them to get over themselves/quote] Yeah, and it'd be exactly the same people that are doing so in this thread. There's always a theme.

• Paid Members
Yeah, and it'd be exactly the same people that are doing so in this thread. There's always a theme.

When does Keith Hutchens ever storm into threads? I've never noticed him doing it. Anyway my point is, is if you replaced "JNLister" with someone elses username and someone started a thread about themselves being ripped off, I doubt anyone would be calling it "thread shitting" when they got the inevitable swarm of posters saying "get over yourself".

Archived