How's this for plagiarism?

JNLister

• Paid Members

For me this is clearly a case where the dude has pinched Lister's work. I'm suprised more people don't get it. It's not about who actually wrote the article itself, clearly this other guy has rewritten in (to an extent) but it's about who put the time into getting the information, making sure it was correct and then structuring the article. In this case Lister's put all the hard work in while this other douche has come along, used that hardwork and not even had the manners to say thank you.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm suprised more people don't get it.

Oh they get it alright, they just don't give a fuck.

Perhaps instead of HAVING to post then, they could just ignore it and let it disappear?

1st rule of the UKFF: Never miss an opportunity to be a cunt.

• Paid Members
I'm suprised more people don't get it.

Oh they get it alright, they just don't give a fuck.

Perhaps instead of HAVING to post then, they could just ignore it and let it disappear?

1st rule of the UKFF: Never miss an opportunity to be a cunt.

A rule that you'd follow to the very end then?

• Paid Members

That would make for a good discussion board, wouldn't it?

Since when did being a cunt make for a good discussion? I'd much rather talk to someone who's interested in the topic rather than someone who just wants to have a dig.

• Paid Members

That would make for a good discussion board, wouldn't it?

"Not giving a fuck" isn't really discussion though, is it? If someone were to say "I don't think this is plagiarism", or "it might be plagiarism, but I don't think it's a huge deal to be honest because" then that's discussion - if you think he's making a big deal about nothing, then I guess that's also discussion, but when people are calling the guy "pathetic" and openly insulting him then that's just flaming.

Maybe "not giving a fuck" gives the wrong impression. Of course it is wrong to be so blatantly plagarised, I don't think anyone disagrees with that but if they do then I hope it does happen to them. What the bone of contention seems to be is why make a thread about it? If this was someone other than Lister, they'd have been shot down for being a crybaby.

Personally I'm glad that I got to read a great piece about British Wrestling.

• Paid Members
Maybe "not giving a fuck" gives the wrong impression. Of course it is wrong to be so blatantly plagarised, I don't think anyone disagrees with that but if they do then I hope it does happen to them. What the bone of contention seems to be is why make a thread about it? If this was someone other than Lister, they'd have been shot down for being a crybaby.

You could also say "why comment on it?"

There are plenty threads that get created here every day that make you think "why?!", and you tend to avoid them, and the threads disappear into obscurity with very little in the way of posted responses. I'm guessing his intention is to expose someone, and to some that might be seen as a legitimate reason to create a thread.

If he genuinely was whining about something in an OTT way, or had just joined the forum to bitch about this other writer then you could understand any mass pile up of people telling him to shut up, but he seems to have a point, and if other people want to join in and discuss that then fair enough. If they don't then the thread'll disappear into obscurity like any other redundant thread.

But what is there to discuss? He had already emailed the website about the offending article so it wasn't a "What can I do about this" scenario, as Seven put it, it was dick waving.

But what is there to discuss? He had already emailed the website about the offending article so it wasn't a "What can I do about this" scenario, as Seven put it, it was dick waving.

Christ Hutchens, there's no need to be like that. Everyone's entitled to wave a dick now & then surely?

Christ Hutchens, there's no need to be like that. Everyone's entitled to wave a dick now & then surely?

Hutchens?

As I said earlier, I thought Listers "Piece" was excellent, I enjoyed it immensly and gorged on his piece until I gagged etc. Seriously, it was a great read.

Archived