Kurt Angle to make SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT on radio today

MJAllstar

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was'nt there a rumour that GSP wanted to try out for the olmypics too?

Yeah. I remember hearing Dana White commenting on it, I think he shot down his chances of doing so - if I recall properly.

GSP?

Sorry, i'm new here.

Georges St-Pierre, MMA fighter.

Yeah I doubt there's much to this. He's said this before, same as he's been saying he's gonna do MMA since like 2006. Not gonna happen but fair play it's keeping people talking.

In fairness, I imagine the only people talking about this announcement are internet wrestling fans who heard him say the same thing in 2003 and 2007.

What chance would he even stand now back in 1996 he only won then by the skin of his teeth and he was 1000x heather than he is now with the health the way it is I doubt he'd even get through the try outs and if by some miracle he did get through them he'd get destroyed in the Olympics which could take away from his gimmick.

Now if he wanted to go and help the USA Olympic Wrestling Team as a coach or something I think he could be very useful his advice could be invaluable.

• Paid Members
Yeah I doubt there's much to this. He's said this before, same as he's been saying he's gonna do MMA since like 2006. Not gonna happen but fair play it's keeping people talking.

In fairness, I imagine the only people talking about this announcement are internet wrestling fans who heard him say the same thing in 2003 and 2007.

Fair point. Him saying he was going to MMA and stuff was always a negotiating tactic imo so maybe this is the same?

I'm way out of the loop with TNA's goings on, is Kurt's contract coming up? Even then I'd expect him to use going to WWE as leverage not trying out for 2012.

What chance would he even stand now back in 1996 he only won then by the skin of his teeth and he was 1000x heather than he is now with the health the way it is I doubt he'd even get through the try outs and if by some miracle he did get through them he'd get destroyed in the Olympics which could take away from his gimmick.

Now if he wanted to go and help the USA Olympic Wrestling Team as a coach or something I think he could be very useful his advice could be invaluable.

Yeah he'd probably be good in a coaching role but I doubt he'd be up for that at the minute. Maybe when his pro wrestling days are over.

And I agree I seriously doubt he could make a legit run at the Olympics now. With all the injuries he's had over the years plus his age I think the toll the training, tryouts and competing against younger comp if he got through would be too much to overcome I reckon.

Would be a really cool story if he did well after such a long time out of competing but if he got totally dominated it would be a shame.

Fair point. Him saying he was going to MMA and stuff was always a negotiating tactic imo so maybe this is the same?

I'm way out of the loop with TNA's goings on, is Kurt's contract coming up? Even then I'd expect him to use going to WWE as leverage not trying out for 2012.

Yeah he'd probably be good in a coaching role but I doubt he'd be up for that at the minute. Maybe when his pro wrestling days are over.

And I agree I seriously doubt he could make a legit run at the Olympics now. With all the injuries he's had over the years plus his age I think the toll the training, tryouts and competing against younger comp if he got through would be too much to overcome I reckon.

Would be a really cool story if he did well after such a long time out of competing but if he got totally dominated it would be a shame.

He recently signed a new multi-year contract.

Was'nt there a rumour that GSP wanted to try out for the olmypics too?

Yeah. I remember hearing Dana White commenting on it, I think he shot down his chances of doing so - if I recall properly.

GSP?

Sorry, i'm new here.

Georges St-Pierre, MMA fighter.

Ah right, thanks.

He isn't getting into the Olympics. He's a pill head, addicted to pain killers with mental health problems.

As good as a professional wrestler that he is, if Kurt Angle represents the USA in ANY Olympic games, in any field, EVER, I will eat my own shite.

• Paid Members
He isn't getting into the Olympics. He's a pill head, addicted to pain killers with mental health problems.

As good as a professional wrestler that he is, if Kurt Angle represents the USA in ANY Olympic games, in any field, EVER, I will eat my own shite.

To be fair, he was on a shit load of pain meds when he won his gold medal. He had a broken freakin neak you know.

Of course, that was 15 years ago, but still.

out of interest did anyone else go to the kurt signing today at wembley too. cant believe that ive met the guy, really cool though looking back at the pictures, he has some strange eyes. while he was friendly and all, he looked quite tired, which is excusable given the amount of media he must be doing. good day overall :) will probably post pics at some point.

out of interest did anyone else go to the kurt signing today at wembley too. cant believe that ive met the guy, really cool though looking back at the pictures, he has some strange eyes. while he was friendly and all, he looked quite tired, which is excusable given the amount of media he must be doing. good day overall :) will probably post pics at some point.

He was fucked out of his mind. He is a legend though.

Archived