Does the UK need a privacy law?

Ron Simmons

Am I the only one that feels that if you act like a tit you deserve to get it reported? Private life or not, I believe a provacy law is just another step in the direction of taking responsibility away from people. "Its ok to cheat, lie etc because you don't have to take responsibility for it, we can just protect you" is the attitude I seem to get when reading this.

End of the day 99pc of the time people CHOOSE to act in ways which then get reported in the news. If people thought about their actions and take responsibility maybe they wouldn't need super injuctions. Just an idea?

Am I the only one that feels that if you act like a tit you deserve to get it reported? Private life or not, I believe a provacy law is just another step in the direction of taking responsibility away from people. "Its ok to cheat, lie etc because you don't have to take responsibility for it, we can just protect you" is the attitude I seem to get when reading this.

End of the day 99pc of the time people CHOOSE to act in ways which then get reported in the news. If people thought about their actions and take responsibility maybe they wouldn't need super injuctions. Just an idea?

Why should people have to "take responsibility" for fear of public exposure? Unless they are doing something illegal it isn't anybody else's business, or place to judge. Apart from politicians, who are elected public officials and arguably therefore open to public scrutiny on every level, the details of anybody else's private life are nobody's business but their own, regardless of whether they have behaved in a "responsible" or "moral" manner. If they don't want those details made public, there is no reason they should be published. We don't need to know who a footballer is knocking off. Ryan Giggs can behave how he fucking likes for me, as long as he isn't breaking any laws it's none of mine or society's business. The only people he is answerable to for his choices in his private life are his family and friends.

Archived