Test your Tinternet Speed

Shovanist Pig

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine keeps fluctuating between about 1mb and 8mb, what would cause this? I did a couple of things earlier when I was getting 1mb, like changing the filter and putting the router in a different position and it went up to 8mb, then back down later to 1mb. I've just checked again having done nothing and it's back up to 8mb. Any Ideas?

My router is downstairs (usually kept on floor, which I know isn't great but it's there now and just got 8mb) with computer in room directly above it. It is near the TV, which i'm thinking could make a difference, but it's been both 1 and 8 whilst off so not sure it's that.

• Paid Members

1325440762.png

Not bad considering I pay next to nothing for it plus my phone line and free calls. Unlimited and it's a wireless connection (WiMaxx).

When I lived near a cabled line I was averaging 41mb/s but now I live out in the sticks :(

EDIT: Newbury??? :/

• Paid Members

1325594850.png

That's a proper gash upload speed. I think it's time to have a chat with BT about deals before I fuck off to Sky, especially seeing as they are now doing this Anytime+ gimmick with those that have HD & Broadband.

Archived