101 Reasons Why Wrestling is Screwed

52. The smark concept of "ironic enjoyment", which they use to explain why some people prefer Kevin Nash to Sin Cara. Why would anyone waste their time ironically watching something that's already as inherrently uncool as wrestling?

Is that a smark wide concept or just a question that I asked once?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chyna in tna complete waste why not give one of the knockouts a chance hell they have just brought back ODB why not her

immortal coming out on impact every five mins

promoting angle v rvd as an extention of the jarret/angle feudon impact instead of promoting it as a decent main event in its own right

ken fucking Andersons Austin light, and even worse clasic sting, having him dress up as current sting and attacking Main eventers would have made more sense

putting the belt on Christian and then burying him within a day

The belts mean fuck all kofi kingston holding the intercontinental title again why, wade barret didnt even defend the belt at mainia

the death of tag team wrestling, beer money and motor city machine gunns excepted

suicide

Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, Gorrilla Monsoon, Gene Okerlund, Jim Ross, Gordon Solie , Vince Mcmahon

To

Mike tenay, Josh Matthews, Todd Pettengil, Michael Cole, Tazz, Todays jerry lawler'

Todd Pettengil was more around during the era of the 1st list with the exception of Jerry Lawler I don't think he's even worked or maybe even met anyone from the 2nd list plus he was more of a host then a announcer.

37. Prime numbers.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

Reason #28 should have been "Perfect numbers". We'll need a huge list to get this entry in now. I'll wait till you guys have reached 495 and then I'll butt back in.

(Typical me, running from the thread ;))

55. the internet.....its open the wrestling world up way too much

56. way too many overly opinionated people on the internet all thinking they know how better to run the companies.

57. not real big stars, theres no Hogan, Rock or Austin kinda person anymore that can or will still do the job well.

hogans too old, past it and almost a joke of what he once was, the rock floats in now and then and Austin had to retire.......they force John Cena down our throats and realize theres a hell of a lot of people cant stand the guy.

and yea i realize point 57 is me being on of those mentioned in point 56.....i aint perfect lol

56. way too many overly opinionated people on the internet all thinking they know how better to run the companies.

I love these guys, Peter Stainforth is held in higher regard by me than these berks.

58) The fact it's too easy to train to be a wrestling these days.

59. The fact that it's too easy to call yourself a Trainer these days.

59 yes, 58, no.

Having easier access to finding trainers / centres is a HUGE advantage, however it's only so if these places have good trainers there who can teach correctly, this more high quality workers.

52. The smark concept of "ironic enjoyment", which they use to explain why some people prefer Kevin Nash to Sin Cara. Why would anyone waste their time ironically watching something that's already as inherrently uncool as wrestling?

Is that a smark wide concept or just a question that I asked once?

Not just you lad, though you seem to struggle with the concept of actual enjoyment of mainstream US pro wrestling. I've seen it said many times in the last few years.

60. Because it was Vince all along.

61. Because the nWo are company killing bastards.

62. Because they stopped D'Lo's push :(.

• Paid Members
WWE's been better than it has been at any point since 2000-2001

Wouldn't agree with that specifically (I think 2000 was THE best year WWE ever had, personally), but I do agree that WWE, and wrestling in general, is nowhere near as bad as people make out. For me, WWE in 2003 was largely shite for the most part, so I stopped watching and started watching UK indies and puro. Started watching DragonGate from 2005 onwards, watched WWE on-and-off, and whilst WWE and TNA've been pretty variable, they're definitely not been on the downward slope that's so often made out.

Plus, I've said this many times: even when one product is doing badly, you can ALWAYS find another that's doing well, you just have to put a bit of effort in to find it.

Also, I personally think WWE have not done brilliantly in all they've done, but they've also shown possibly the most creativity they ever have throughout their entire existence in the past three years. I would NEVER have thought even WWE could get me interested in the idea of a WM re-match, especially when the first one wasn't even a first-time-ever match, but they did it in the space of ONE vignette. Amazing.

Archived