101 Reasons Why Wrestling is Screwed

Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan, Gorrilla Monsoon, Gene Okerlund, Jim Ross, Gordon Solie , Vince Mcmahon

To

Mike tenay, Josh Matthews, Todd Pettengil, Michael Cole, Tazz, Todays jerry lawler'

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
This is true. When things are done right there's still little better.

Good to have someone agreeing.

I'm going to get on my Soapbox now, but it does annoy me when people pop at the wrestling on forums. It's still quality, it's getting more colourful now as well. I reckon the wrestling at the moment is the best it's been in 8 or 9 years, so I don't see why everyone's moaning.

• Paid Members
This is true. When things are done right there's still little better.

Good to have someone agreeing.

I'm going to get on my Soapbox now, but it does annoy me when people pop at the wrestling on forums. It's still quality, it's getting more colourful now as well. I reckon the wrestling at the moment is the best it's been in 8 or 9 years, so I don't see why everyone's moaning.

It's been a strange trait for the past decade particularly. In 2002 and 2003 many slated the product and longed for the 98 or 2000 years. Yet now people praise 2002 and 2003 as some of WWEs best stuff. And I now often see comments on YouTube and the like of 'wrestlings so shit these days, I wish it was still 2007!'

It's ridiculous. Wrestling fans do seem to just have selective memories and be generally negative. They'll see or remember a good piece of wrestling tv and for some reason convince themselves everything at the time was as good. There's always been shit in any era of wrestling, any golden age. When it's shit, it's real shit. When it's good, it's the fucking best. And there's always something good going on, no matter how much shit might be surrounding it.

• Moderators

I think it's the Rose Tinted Glasses on many to be fair. The past 18 or so months have been totally fine. WWE's been better than it has been at any point since 2000-2001, and the live Impact shows last year were great fun. It just makes me think. If I didn't enjoy something, I wouldn't watch it. I didn't watch hardly any WWE in 2003 for example. So why do so many people watch the wrestling to have a moan? In any major company at any time there's always something to enjoy if only one thing. And it gets on my tits people looking for the shite.

Mostly people like to moan, as said alot could be rose tinted for some people, Luckly for me I enjoy most if not all wrestling without looking to deep into it (behind the scenes etc).

I watched the Raw best of 09 the other week, watching it each Raw in wee snipets of the best bits made the Raw that year look alot less annoying than than when I watched as it happened, the seemingly neverending guest host or DX or Cena vs Orton was good to look back on.

Im sure the short youtube vids or whatever is the same kinda thing.

Wrestling is still fun and good to watch, but you can put money on alot of people slating Raw and TNA in general each week sometimes for the sake of it.

Archived