NEWS 22 July @ Peterlee Leisure Centre, County Durham

fye

They are ex-wZw Champion John Britain returning after a 4 year absence and Jack Norton (formerly known as Gorilla Warfare)

As the video shows, both are big guys at 6ft 5in plus each. Are you coming to the show?

of course i am well aware of these guys...be nice to see John work actually :)

i am yes me + 1 at the minute, ill keep you updated via FB on any increasing numbers Paul

Do I know you? Are you on my facebook? Forgive my ignorance :laugh:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentione Cruz & Ligero having been working a lot on at Butlins together and putting on some top matches but they had a brilliant match in NGW just under a year ago at Summer Smash Brawl 3. Those two are always determined to steal the show (pun intended) but when you put them together times it by ten.

the latest change of line up to this (seemingly cursed) show means that Carbon will be unable to compete due to an injury that is undiagnosed at this point. NEWS management wish Carbon a speedy recovery and hope to see him in a NEWS ring again and an announcement regarding his replacement to face Highlander will be made in due course.

Hello everyone just thought id write a quick message...

Its excellent to see NEWS doing so well and long may it continue, its really good seeing all my old wZw friends in NEWS videos and pictures, including the returning John Britain who I was close to back in the day, I wish him all the best and sucess in the world. I was watching old wZw videos on youtube recently which brought back some brilliant memories espessially the Dual Nations show in Ponteland. wZw was the best promotion in the North East until its demise a few years back and I think its safe to say that in the short time NEWS has been around its picked up were wZw left off and from the videos I've watched and reviews I've read its became the best and leading promotion in the North East as far as talent and entertainment value. I hope to see NEWS go from strength to strength and wish everyone the best of luck for the future.

I hope to one day get down and see a show and catch up with some of my old friends.

Cheers

C-Rock

thanks for the kinds words C-Rock, get yourself along to a show and see for yourself, you're always welcome

we now know Carbon's replacement but against the usual trend of how we do things we are not announcing this guy, you will just have to come along and see for yourself. I dont think many people will be left disappointed

• Paid Members
shameless bump to ask if anyone from the UKFF is coming along to this show

The Southside crew will be there , can't wait for my first NEWS.

I know quite a few of your guys wrestling like El Ligero , Kirby and Lionheart but looking forward to seeing some of your guys like Lowthian for the first time. If the show is half as good as the reviews that I have heard and read then I know we are in for a treat :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Lionheart has today suffered an injury that will keep him out for approx 6 weeks. We expect to announce his replacement in the next 24 hours. This show line up has been quite interchangeable but I am confident the show will deliver with talent like Ligero, Cruz, Long, Lowthan, Kirby, Thomson and much more.

Lowthian vs. Lionheart update

As mentioned Lionheart has been sidelined for approximately 6 weeks with torn ankle ligaments. This leaves 'The Tyneside Titan' Lowthian without an opponent. You may recall Lionheart was scheduled to make his NEWS debut when he answered an open challenge from Lowthian. While Lionheart was chosen for the contest as he was the most high profile wrestler to put his name forward for the match, he was far from the only wrestler wanting the match.

As well as some other top names in British wrestling, several local wrestlers put their name forward, most of them hoping for an opportunity to compete on a North East Wrestling Society show for the first time. NEWS management have been discussing things with Lowthian today and he has been vocal in his anger with Lionheart for pulling out of what The Tyneside Titan (and NEWS management) perceived as a big match. Lowthian clearly believed he was going to add Lionheart's name to an impressive list of victims that have been defeated by The Tyneside Titan. The list - that includes Bingo Ballance, Pac and BT Gunn - is already impress and a win over the current 1PW and BCW Heavyweight Champion would have been another feather in the big man's cap if he was successful.

Lowthian has proved in the past that he is never short of confidence and always up for taking on fresh challenges as he carves a name for himself in the north east wrestling scene. The big man has insisted he is happy to face anyone who put their name forward for the open challenge and, in an ambitious turn of events, The Tyneside Titan has informed NEWS management that he is willing to have a gauntlet match, facing as many competitors as NEWS can throw at him.

Since the conversation earlier today NEWS management have already confirmed the appearances of several young wrestlers in the north east who originally offered to face Lowthian. Some are trainees with local companies while others are established wrestlers in the area. Lowthian has certainly took on a big challenge in facing several wrestlers consecutively but by the same token, a fired up Lowthian with destruction on his mind is as big a challenge as most of his newly scheduled opponents will have ever faced.

Quick results (hopefully a more in depth report will follow)

Fight Club defeated Dragon Ryders

Lowthian defeated 6 men in a gauntlet match: Dan West, Justin Jade, Hotshot, Chris Hawk, Andy O'Sullivan and finally JD Bravo.

AJ Anderson - without partner Max Heat - retained the NEWS Tag Team Championship in a Triple Threat match against Full Pack and The Dead Reckoning

Martin Kirby controversially beat BT Gunn with Kirby's new manager assisting him

Big Kris, who was supposed to be in the gauntlet match but said it was beneath him, came out to issue his own open challenge and it was answered by none other than Iceman, coming out of retirement to face the big man on short notice. The match ended as a no contest when Lowthian interrupted the match, intially booting Iceman, then kicking Kris out of the ring. What followed was a vicious and dominant beat down from Lowthian on Iceman that bust the European Hardcore Icon open as he continuously slammed Iceman's head into a chair wedged in the corner. We caught some footage of this and if it has been captured OK we will show this intense attack. Lowthian ended his beat down with Iceman's blood marked across his chest. (a pic of the attack is below this post)

El Ligero retained the NEWS British Championship defeating Nathan Cruz.

A crowd of approx 200 witnessed the event. Thanks to all who attended and everyone who worked on the show or behind the scenes to make it a success.

199957_10150333701448296_726128295_9367747_709141_n.jpg

Archived