NEWS 22 July @ Peterlee Leisure Centre, County Durham

fye

The wrestler formerly known as Gorilla Warfare has dropped the moniker he used as an Order of Chaos member. The 6 foot 7 inch monster has been training under John Britain recently and Jack Norton, as he will simply be known from now on, has formed the tag team The Dead Reckoning with his new mentor. At 6 foot 6 inches and a former wZw Champion, Britain is as qualified as any to help the big man Norton in his career and the pair could prove quite a force, especially if they capture tag team gold in their debut match together.

Lowthian's open challenge has been answered by several wrestlers across the UK scene but NEWS management have given the match to one of the most decorated British wrestlers in recent years, Lionheart. Lowthian has been developing an impressive winning streak with victories over Saxon, BT Gunn, Pac and Bingo Ballance recently and Lionheart will certainly prove to be another top level test for The Tyneside Titan. It is Lionheart's NEWS debut and he will be expecting to leave Peterlee with a win to mark an impressive start to his NEWS career.

This adds to an already stacked card (subject to change):

NEWS British Tag Team Championship Triple Threat match

The Dead Reckoning vs. Full Pack vs. Fast & Furious

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was informed today that Pac regrettably cannot attend this show as his flight schedule to PWG the same weekend is not what he thought or expected. Whenever we do a deal with Pac we are aware there is always a risk of cancellation due to his workload and schedule changes and understand a full time worldwide talent always has to take several bookings over a single booking so there is no problem at our end and we know Pac was deeply disappointed that he has had to withdraw from the show.

Normally I would try to quickly turn this into a positive by making sure I has a replacement named but I know some people are arranging to travel to this show from afar with the main reason being Kirby vs. Pac so I wanted to let everyone know as quickly as possible so nobody was left disappointed or out of pocket. I genuinely feel we are worth travelling to see so would encourage anyone who was coming mainly for this match to still turn up and see what NEWS is all about. We have a stacked card for this show even without the Kirby vs. Pac match and it will give folk a taste of what we are all about before Kirby and Pac lock up on a NEWS show at a later date. A replacement will be announced to face Kirby in due course.

I was informed today that Pac regrettably cannot attend this show as his flight schedule to PWG the same weekend is not what he thought or expected. Whenever we do a deal with Pac we are aware there is always a risk of cancellation due to his workload and schedule changes and understand a full time worldwide talent always has to take several bookings over a single booking so there is no problem at our end and we know Pac was deeply disappointed that he has had to withdraw from the show.

Normally I would try to quickly turn this into a positive by making sure I has a replacement named but I know some people are arranging to travel to this show from afar with the main reason being Kirby vs. Pac so I wanted to let everyone know as quickly as possible so nobody was left disappointed or out of pocket. I genuinely feel we are worth travelling to see so would encourage anyone who was coming mainly for this match to still turn up and see what NEWS is all about. We have a stacked card for this show even without the Kirby vs. Pac match and it will give folk a taste of what we are all about before Kirby and Pac lock up on a NEWS show at a later date. A replacement will be announced to face Kirby in due course.

Just wanted to say what a fantastic and considerate promoter Paul is. I speak to him a bit on facebook and said I was going to make the 8 hour round trip and the main reason was to see Pac v Kirby. Without having to he private messaged me yesterday to let me know that Pac was now not coming as he was worried that I might book a hotel and then not want to come. I have decided still to go as the line up still looks ace but just thought that people on here should know that there really are promoters who do things the right way !

thanks Ben, we are hoping to announce Pac's replacement in the coming days, if we get my first choice replacement then we will be getting one of the best around at the moment in my opinion and someone who will provide the platform for a great match with Martin Kirby

as promised, an update and I am pleased to say NEWS secured their first choice replacement for Pac...

PBW Champion BT Gunn has been announced to face Martin Kirby on 22nd July at Peterlee Leisure Centre. NEWS management genuinely believe Gunn is one of the best around at the moment and have already enjoyed having Gunn appear on their shows. This will be the PBW Champion's first appearance at the unofficial home of NEWS in Peterlee and Gunn is likely to be welcomed by the expected sell out crowd.

as promised, an update and I am pleased to say NEWS secured their first choice replacement for Pac...

PBW Champion BT Gunn has been announced to face Martin Kirby on 22nd July at Peterlee Leisure Centre. NEWS management genuinely believe Gunn is one of the best around at the moment and have already enjoyed having Gunn appear on their shows. This will be the PBW Champion's first appearance at the unofficial home of NEWS in Peterlee and Gunn is likely to be welcomed by the expected sell out crowd.

Great news and what a match this will be?

Yep - Paul said to me he was hoping that Gunn would be the replacement which I was real pleased about , I have never seen Gunn but heard he is fantastic !

Yep - Paul said to me he was hoping that Gunn would be the replacement which I was real pleased about , I have never seen Gunn but heard he is fantastic !

Hes alot better than fantastic , awesome wrestler

As many know, El Ligero captured the NEWS British Championship in the final of a year long tournament at the First Anniversary Show last month. Ligero saw off Martin Kirby despite interference from Lowthian and his agent Julian Werther Chambers, who has apparently signed Kirby as his newest client. Ligero will now put his newly won title on the line for his first defence in the main event on 22nd July at Peterlee Leisure Centre.

NEWS management have been in negotiations with Ligero's first challenger for quite a while and finally agreed terms today when agreeing that the NEWS debutant will be granted a title shot at the first time of asking. While not wanting to give people an easy route to the title, NEWS management agreed the title match as the challenger has genuine title credentials, holding championships in other companies and being widely regarded as one of the best young talents in the UK today. On 22nd July at Peterlee Leisure Centre 'The Showstealer' Nathan Cruz will face El Ligero one on one for the NEWS British Championship.

if youre travelling to the show make sure you have your tickets purchased as the last two shows have been sell outs. I will be updating the original post soon to reflect the updated card

NEWS Tag Team Champion Max Heat was attacked today by co-challengers The Dead Reckoning and is expected to be unable to defend his title with partner AJ Anderson on 22nd July with an early prognosis of 3-6 months out after his existing knee injury was made a lot worse during the attack which was caught on film.

North East Wrestling Society YouTube channel

They are ex-wZw Champion John Britain returning after a 4 year absence and Jack Norton (formerly known as Gorilla Warfare)

As the video shows, both are big guys at 6ft 5in plus each. Are you coming to the show?

They are ex-wZw Champion John Britain returning after a 4 year absence and Jack Norton (formerly known as Gorilla Warfare)

As the video shows, both are big guys at 6ft 5in plus each. Are you coming to the show?

of course i am well aware of these guys...be nice to see John work actually :)

i am yes me + 1 at the minute, ill keep you updated via FB on any increasing numbers Paul

Archived