NEWS 22 July @ Peterlee Leisure Centre, County Durham

fye

North East Wrestling Society British Champion El Ligero will defend his newly won championship on 22nd July at Peterlee Leisure Centre against current NGW Heavyweight Champion 'The Showstealer' Nathan Cruz. The brash and arrogant Hull native demanded the title shot as part of his contract negotiations and while NEWS management don't want to shortcut anyone to a title shot The Showstealer's credentials are impressive enough that Cruz was granted the opportunity on his NEWS debut.

Also on the line are AJ Anderson & Max Heat's Tag Team Championship belts. The champs aka Fast & Furious face rivals Full Pack (Micky Long & Iain Robinson) and new team The Dead Reckoning (John Britian & Jack Norton who formerly competed as Gorilla Warfare). With three teams competing for the titles, the match will be contested under Triple Threat rules with the first team earning a pinfall or submission declared the NEWS Tag Team Champions. Due to the precarious nature of the match, champs Fast & Furious could unfortunately lose the titles without being pinned or submitting. The fact that all three teams seem to be at each other's throats will only add further intensity to the already fierce rivalry for the coveted Tag Team Championship belts.

Martin Kirby turned his back on his NEWS fans at the First Anniversary Show when he aligned himself with Lowthian and agent Julian Werther Chambers. Kirby will surely face a hostile reception back in the same venue where he showed his true colours and he takes on popular Scottish wrestler BT Gunn. The charismatic double champion currently holds the BCW Openweight Championship and the PBW Heavyweight Championship and he will be looking for his first NEWS win following a controversial defeat to Lowthian in March.

Lowthian, who always faces a hostile reception from the NEWS faithful, will be competing against another double champion from Scotland as both of JWC's clients face massive tests of their ability. Current 1PW Heavyweight Champion and BCW Heavyweight Champion Lionheart, who competed against Jeff Jarrett on the UK TNA tour in January, will be making his NEWS debut against The Tyneside Titan. The pair have squared off before in other companies but have never faced each other one on one anywhere.

To continue the trend of Scottish based champions appearing on 22nd July at Peterlee Leisure Centre, current 1PW Tag Team Champions Fight Club (Liam Thomson & Kid Fite) will make their NEWS debuts against popular young tag team Dragon Ryders (Lewis 'The Dragon' Chambers & Robbie Ryder). The match will provide a great opportunity for Dragon Ryders to make a name for themselves against one of the best tag teams in Europe right now but they will need all their speed and agility to take down the experienced duo of Thompson & Fite.

The final match to be announced for 22nd July features The Highlander one on one against new boy Carbon. The Durham based wrestler made an impressive debut with a win at the First Anniversary Show but The Highlander will be keen to get back to winning ways after elimination from the NEWS British Championship Tournament at the Quarter Finals stage in his last NEWS appearance.

Tickets are on sale now from Peterlee Leisure Centre or by calling the promoter (Paul) on 07508013332. Front row tickets are only available from Paul and are

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initially I was surprised PAC and Kirby hadn't faced each other, but then I think Kirby only debuted sometime in 2006, and by that time PAC was blowing up huge and doing international tours.

If this show was on a Saturday instead of a Friday I would have been a LOT more inclined to come just for that match. That should be crazy good as Kirby's match against Travis last year was spectacular in the modern fast paced indy style, so I'm sure PAC with all his experience of the Dragon Gate style will be able to get the absolute best match possible out of Kirby.

Damn those two could quite easily tear the house down.

Outstanding. I wish Pac-Man was in Super Smash Bros so a tribute vid to this match could be made.

I hope someone activates Mark Sloan's bat signal so he can check this match out, as this is the match that should earn Kirby a spot on the DG UK show(s).

knowing Mark he will be aware of it very quickly, also, dont think of whether to come just for his match, I aim to put on a card worth watching from top to bottom, watch this space

• Paid Members

Sounds great already. I've not been to a local show in ages, always out of town, but this has defo got my attention nice and early.

Are 'dragon ryders' Robbie and Lewis? If so, those two vs fight club, that would be incredible. PAC vs kirby has got me grinning from ear to ear already.

Can't wait to hear more

• Paid Members
Outstanding. I wish Pac-Man was in Super Smash Bros so a tribute vid to this match could be made.

I hope someone activates Mark Sloan's bat signal so he can check this match out, as this is the match that should earn Kirby a spot on the DG UK show(s).

I hope so , will be texting Kirby for a lift later haha , a match that will sell tickets on it's own !

That will be absolutely superb! That match alone makes me want to see it. Then that's without the likes of the new champion Ligero and the regular crew NEWS use

like Kraze & Ameen.

If I could, definitely something I'd want to see. NEWS are definitely one of the companies doing things the right way.

aye, he's doing a cracking job and Speedy knows that, I think that was his way of nodding to the big man that he is well hated right now at NEWS, just as he should be

aye, he's doing a cracking job and Speedy knows that, I think that was his way of nodding to the big man that he is well hated right now at NEWS, just as he should be

Is the correct answer. I've been singing his praises for quite a while now.

My post was very tongue in cheek.

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds great already. I've not been to a local show in ages, always out of town, but this has defo got my attention nice and early.

Are 'dragon ryders' Robbie and Lewis? If so, those two vs fight club, that would be incredible. PAC vs kirby has got me grinning from ear to ear already.

Can't wait to hear more

that is exactly what we have planned

Fight Club vs. Dragon Ryders

tickets already selling well so get in touch if you want to reserve or purchase yours

The wrestler formerly known as Gorilla Warfare has dropped the moniker he used as an Order of Chaos member. The 6 foot 7 inch monster has been training under John Britain recently and Jack Norton, as he will simply be known from now on, has formed the tag team The Dead Reckoning with his new mentor. At 6 foot 6 inches and a former wZw Champion, Britain is as qualified as any to help the big man Norton in his career and the pair could prove quite a force, especially if they capture tag team gold in their debut match together.

Lowthian's open challenge has been answered by several wrestlers across the UK scene but NEWS management have given the match to one of the most decorated British wrestlers in recent years, Lionheart. Lowthian has been developing an impressive winning streak with victories over Saxon, BT Gunn, Pac and Bingo Ballance recently and Lionheart will certainly prove to be another top level test for The Tyneside Titan. It is Lionheart's NEWS debut and he will be expecting to leave Peterlee with a win to mark an impressive start to his NEWS career.

This adds to an already stacked card (subject to change):

NEWS British Tag Team Championship Triple Threat match

The Dead Reckoning vs. Full Pack vs. Fast & Furious ©

First Time Ever 1 on 1

Martin Kirby vs. Pac

Tag Team Division match

Fight Club vs. Dragon Ryders

Lowthian vs. Lionheart

...and more to be announced

Archived