Best masked man?

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members
It's Battle Kat from early 90's WWF.

Whats this Firecat story then?

There was a guy in UWF called Firecat, who I'd swear blind was this guy - same mask, same gear, just different colours. I saw him in a tag match on a VHS of UWF's Beach Blast, against the Blackhearts, managed by Luna (think it was Gangrel under one mask, forget who the other was), against Firecat and some other guy. It was pretty clear they were supposed to be jobbers, and whilst the other guy did his job and sold, Firecat just had to "get his shit in". He got a shitload of offence in against a team that was twice his team's size, and the match clearly went on longer than it was supposed to. More than that, he sold sod-all.

It was very funny.

Equally funny, the promos on that video. Main event was "Dr. Death" Steve Williams (face) vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (heel). Except that Bam Bam was blatantly stoned out of his head, and went on to prove this by cutting a face promo, dedicating the match to his son and saying nothing heelish, and, even more hilariously, talking about his improved "mobility and jobility"! The overall effect, of course, is that Steve Williams cut his usual promo, and ended up looking like a heel, simply because of what Bam Bam had said previously.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how can you goons forget this masked great.

maxmoon.jpg

I was a huge fan of Max Moon at the time, i don't care how silly and garish the attire was, i loved all that colourful stuff! He had a nice RAW match with HBK too.

Anyone remember The Carribean Kid? Or Dr Death in a Nailz suit and oriental mask attacking Bart Gunn?

This could probably go in the random questions thread, but remember when Eddie was unmasking all the luchadors after he came back from his injury in 1999..... it came to the Cheetah Kid and Eddie spoke to him like he was an old pal. Was there supposed to be any significance to that, as i always thought that Cheetah Kid in WCW was just Prince Iaukea under a mask?

• Moderators

There was a guy in UWF called Firecat, who I'd swear blind was this guy - same mask, same gear, just different colours. I saw him in a tag match on a VHS of UWF's Beach Blast, against the Blackhearts, managed by Luna (think it was Gangrel under one mask, forget who the other was), against Firecat and some other guy. It was pretty clear they were supposed to be jobbers, and whilst the other guy did his job and sold, Firecat just had to "get his shit in". He got a shitload of offence in against a team that was twice his team's size, and the match clearly went on longer than it was supposed to. More than that, he sold sod-all.

It was very funny.

Equally funny, the promos on that video. Main event was "Dr. Death" Steve Williams (face) vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (heel). Except that Bam Bam was blatantly stoned out of his head, and went on to prove this by cutting a face promo, dedicating the match to his son and saying nothing heelish, and, even more hilariously, talking about his improved "mobility and jobility"! The overall effect, of course, is that Steve Williams cut his usual promo, and ended up looking like a heel, simply because of what Bam Bam had said previously.

That was in Herb Abrams' UWF. Dr Death was their top heel feuding with Paul Orndorff, and Bam Bam worked the Nickelodeon studio tapings around that time as a face, against Afa in some horrid hotel as well. The rules of the real wrestling world didn't count there, nor did clean finishes tend to occur. Watch

for example. Also, enjoy Dr Death smashing the shit out of Wild Thing Stevie Ray because Herb was so fucking paranoid, along with a pissed up Cap'n Lou interviewing a pissed up Andre The Giant. Or John Tolos, Cap'n Lou and Herb openly burying Mad Man Pondo who was wrestling as a jobber while on commentary.

I love Abrams' UWF, that's where my avatar comes from. "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH, THE WORLD'S TURNIN'!"

• Paid Members

It was very funny.

That was in Herb Abrams' UWF. Dr Death was their top heel feuding with Paul Orndorff, and Bam Bam worked the Nickelodeon studio tapings around that time as a face, against Afa in some horrid hotel as well. The rules of the real wrestling world didn't count there, nor did clean finishes tend to occur. Watch

for example. Also, enjoy Dr Death smashing the shit out of Wild Thing Stevie Ray because Herb was so fucking paranoid, along with a pissed up Cap'n Lou interviewing a pissed up Andre The Giant. Or John Tolos, Cap'n Lou and Herb openly burying Mad Man Pondo who was wrestling as a jobber while on commentary.

I love Abrams' UWF, that's where my avatar comes from. "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH, THE WORLD'S TURNIN'!"

Don't get me wrong, UWF was a load of fun. It just seemed a bit surreally arse-about-face, is all. I honestly thought Bam Bam was supposed to be heel and Williams face because of the whole angle they ran of Bam Bam sneak-attacking him.

IIRC, wasn't Herb Abrams found dead in a Jacuzzi, having gotten into it coked up and with a couple of hookers? Some people just can't live Flair's life with impunity.

• Paid Members
Don't get me wrong, UWF was a load of fun.

It really, really wasn't. It's ballachingly fucking awful.

I found it fun, because of stupid shite like the Blackhearts. I suppose I liked it because it was entertainingly bad. And there were a couple of decent matches here and there.

I'd have thought someone would have mentioned Blitzkrieg by now.

I thought Blitzkrieg was ace, although I only ever remember seeing him a handful of times around the 1999 era WCW. The style he wrestled isn

UK Wrestler wise i would say in Scotland Falcon. In England The Lion Kid?

• Paid Members

Was Arachnaman another guise for oft-masked Brad Armstrong?

In the same vein.... Badstreet, what was all that about? Seemed utterly superfluous, you could tell the booking team had just had a few sherries and thought "let's put Brad in a mask. He loves it. It's not the Freebirds if there aren't three."

I thought Blitzkrieg was Mexican.

You thought wrong. He was an American bloke in a mask that just happened to wrestle a lucha-influenced style. Think he was called Jeremiah Ross.

Archived