2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

What's actually happened?

Tomorrow's Daily Record looks likely to expose the full extent of Craig Whyte's mortgaging of 3-7 years (depending on which story you believe) of season ticket money to raise the money to see them through to Christmas (2011). Suggestions that without a major sale of players - more than

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Record

Rangers owner Craig Whyte admits he sold four years' worth of season tickets to keep Ibrox club running

Jan 31 2012 Exclusive by James Traynor & Keith Jackson

CRAIG WHYTE sold off four years of fans' money to help fund his Rangers buy-out, it was revealed last night.

And Record Sport can also reveal high-ranking HMRC officials are investigating alleged non-payment of VAT since Whyte gained control of the club last May.

Current director Dave King and former board member Paul Murray have been quizzed by the tax authorities as part of their enquiry which has revealed

One of the foremost reasons I find it hard to have sympathy for Rangers in this situation is the behaviour and ignorance of their fans in the last couple of seasons. When Celtic were in the shit in 1994, the fans mobilised and fought tooth and nail to remove the Whites and the Kellys who had pretty much run the club into the ground. Celts for Change was formed and the fans helped to rescue the club along with the arrival of Fergus McCann.

Rangers fans seem to have been in a constant denial about how skint they really are and have had their heads firmly buried in the sand for quite some time. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it is only this week we have seen the lion's share of them acknowledge that there is a grave problem.

Dragon and jrod were ecks signings

Plg brought in

Clement sionko letizi svenson? French guy that other black bald French guy

Sebo papac (brought back from loan mcgreggor and Adam)

We'll win the tax case but will still go into administration

• Paid Members
Dragon and jrod were ecks signings

Plg brought in

Clement sionko letizi svenson? French guy that other black bald French guy

Sebo papac (brought back from loan mcgreggor and Adam)

We'll win the tax case but will still go into administration

I know Dragan and Rodriguez were McLeish signings I was just using them as an example of signings we made that turned out to be a complete waste of money. We even ended up paying Dragan off and he went back to Red Star for fuck all, a year after we paid them a million for him.

Don't see us winning the tax case.

Snake - Surely the major difference between us now and Celtic in 1994 is that Celtic were in major trouble on the pitch as well as off it? While we aren't exactly dominant we have been Champions for the past three seasons and are not that far behind Celtic even now. It's very easy to pretend that a problem doesn't exist when no one is reporting it and the team is still doing the job on the field.

Bollocks. Unless by all of us you only mean Celtic. Do you really think Hearts, Dundee Utd, Motherwell will be affected by Rangers no longer existing. I reckon all of these teams would see an increase in attendances with second place to play for and more games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday as opposed to lunchtime on a Sunday.

Would attendence increase enough to even cover the immediate shortfall in TV money though? Sky won't offer anything close to what they pay now for a Rangers-less SPL.

If Rangers do go bust I could see a few more teams following pretty quickly.

You raise a good point and any answer would be pure guesswork. The most simplistic way to look at it is that Sky and ESPN provide the SPL with

Bollocks. Unless by all of us you only mean Celtic. Do you really think Hearts, Dundee Utd, Motherwell will be affected by Rangers no longer existing. I reckon all of these teams would see an increase in attendances with second place to play for and more games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday as opposed to lunchtime on a Sunday.

Would attendence increase enough to even cover the immediate shortfall in TV money though? Sky won't offer anything close to what they pay now for a Rangers-less SPL.

If Rangers do go bust I could see a few more teams following pretty quickly.

You raise a good point and any answer would be pure guesswork. The most simplistic way to look at it is that Sky and ESPN provide the SPL with

Celtic also have the option of a pre season tour that pays big bucks, unlike the other teams. They would also get much more more money for their players if they had to sell and would have two cracks at getting in either the Champions League or the Europa League

Archived