2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Or he has been hacked.

No chance. He's a notorious bigot, and has been revelling in the mocking of child abuse for years. It's common knowledge that he's a wrong'un, his bile has just never caught the attention of the mainstream media until now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or he has been hacked.

No chance. He's a notorious bigot, and has been revelling in the mocking of child abuse for years. It's common knowledge that he's a wrong'un, his bile has just never caught the attention of the mainstream media until now.

Does he live in Scotland? How would this fit into the new "offensive" bill? Or does that only apply to football matches?

Or he has been hacked.

Does he live in Scotland? How would this fit into the new "offensive" bill? Or does that only apply to football matches?

Nah, that bullshit hasn't come into effect yet. It's mostly restricted to behaviour at the matches, but there is an add-on to it about 'threatening communications' which covers online hatemongering. The legislation is already there for pretty much everything that's in this bill anyway. I'd be surprised if anything came of it, other than a drying up of any mainstream media work in England.

Unfortunately, any blackballing will probably be more than compensated by the surge in supporters club functions and after dinner speaking gigs he'll inevitably get after this.

Neil Lennon was because of his religion, his nationality just added to it.

Fenlon's religion is the same as Lennons, which is probably why he was getting the abuse too.

That Jeff Winter, he used to be a ref, he is a nice man, isn't he? Or he has been hacked.

Poor old Jeff's been rumbled;

A former English Premiership referee's personal website has been suspended after an offensive rant against the Catholic Church and Celtic appeared on the blog.

The blog entry, posted under the name of Jeff Winter, asked whether "altar boys" would get "abused in celebration" after Celtic won the latest Old Firm game last month.

The post on the 56-year-old

The Fenlon incident was included in a match report of the game, not sure which paper though- and it just referred to folk telling him to go back to his level, the Irish League.

However, Cowdenbeath have a reputation in the lower leagues for having a sizeable chunk of animals in their support. Not of any particular sectarian leaning, just animals. Its a strange setup at Central Park- the natives are fine until the whistle goes, and then its like the full moon comes out or something. I've made many a trip there and have never visited without being the recipient of unwarranted abuse, or an altercation of some sort for no apparent reason.

Odd, I was in the home end at this game and didn't notice a thing. There was plenty of homophobic chanting at the Hibs fans though.

Or he has been hacked.

Nah, that bullshit hasn't come into effect yet. It's mostly restricted to behaviour at the matches, but there is an add-on to it about 'threatening communications' which covers online hatemongering. The legislation is already there for pretty much everything that's in this bill anyway. I'd be surprised if anything came of it, other than a drying up of any mainstream media work in England.

Unfortunately, any blackballing will probably be more than compensated by the surge in supporters club functions and after dinner speaking gigs he'll inevitably get after this.

I was thinking with it being a high profile figure the PF may just want to set an example.

3-0 Dundee against Livi today. A well deserved 3-0 against a team that were so bland and simple that I was confused.

Fotheringham was, as expect a complete fanny, who mouthed off to everyone, which ended up getting him sent off. Mo Ross looked poor also. That said, they had a good (young?) lad up top, number 10, and he looked like he could be a player who knows how to peel off of a last defender.

Onwards and upwards we continue to go.

The sectarian side of things is always going to exist in some form in Scotland, it's really that simple. I'm more angered by the racism that's started showing its head. We've never really been one for racism in Scotland, but it's slowly creeping in over the past while.

Archived