2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The replays were pretty conclusive about it being a goal I thought.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that it was a goal from the replays. Maybe one to remember the next time you choose to cry about Celtic being the victims of injustice, eh Soapy?

Funnily enough, I've not seen or heard any Rangers fans making claims of the officials and our governing body secretly wanting to do them in. Did McCoist make a song & dance about it afterwards at all?

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that it was a goal from the replays. Maybe one to remember the next time you choose to cry about Celtic being the victims of injustice, eh Soapy?

Funnily enough, I've not seen or heard any Rangers fans making claims of the officials and our governing body secretly wanting to do them in. Did McCoist make a song & dance about it afterwards at all?

I'd say there were enough bad refereeing decisions against Celtic in LAST NIGHT'S match alone nevermind in the past ;)

Ball definitely crossed the line. However, Hooper was onside in a one-on-one with McGregor where both the keeper and striker played on and Hooper rounded him, before realising he'd been given offside. I actually thought Collum handled last night not too bad. David Healy could've been shown red, but it's all down to opinion.

Delighted with the result, couldn't talk after Celtic Park. The best atmosphere I've seen last night, and I've had my mates from England texting to say it looked unbelievable as well, which always makes you proud.

As for Sone Aluko, look at him for our goal. :laugh:

I'd say there were enough bad refereeing decisions against Celtic in LAST NIGHT'S match alone nevermind in the past ;)

It was always liable to be volatile given the weather but i thought he handled it perfectly. The players themselves were pretty decently behaved except for Healy's lunge but aside from that it went off pretty smoothly. Papac maybe should have been booked for the tackle on Brown mid way through the first half but that would be extreme nitpicking; Collum was excellent.

• Paid Members
Cracking wee match to the end year. Annan took the lead twice, only to get pegged back within a few minutes on each occasion. Then Sean Winter and Craig Malcolm wrap up the points to go top of the league. Nice end to the year.

Annan have been crap for weeks. Was there a good crowd?

592. Annan were decent enough, especially considering a lot of people paint them as long ball merchants. Thought they looked fine until they went a goal behind. Only then did they resort to balls into the box with five men up front.

From what I gather, it's not so much injuries but just a drop in defensive form. An inability to hold on to leads and conceding after scoring. O'Connor scored but missed a sitter in the first half when Ian Harty fluffed a shot that came straight to O'Connor and he hit the bar from 12 yards. I think one of the other problems is Andy Aitken being away due to work commitments and Kevin Neilson leaving. It's fine having two experienced heads up the park but they need someone else in there as a leader. Harry Cairney agreed with that after the match but as per usual... finding the cash and finding the player are easier said than done.

• Paid Members

They play a lot of long balls when O'Connor is playing. Harty can score goals when they're handed to him on a plate, but he's a poor passer and goes missing most of the game. A new striker is a must as is an experienced head. Even before Neilson left there was a downturn in performance. I've only been to a couple of games in the last 2-3 months though.

Archived