2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Celtic mob are nae bad, eh?

Nine wins on the bounce and this was obviously the sweetest. Lost my voice at Parkhead tonight, the Celtic support was first-class (by the way, Beachball Sunday > Tinfoil Wednesday - was that seriously the sum total of the "top secret display" I'd heard about?) I'm absolutely thrilled to be back to the top of the league after the trials and tribulations this season has thrown at us. Nobody deserves this more than Neil Lennon, proud as punch of him. The game itself was not the most spectacular derby game I've ever seen with an especially scrappy first half but I suppose nobody could legislate for that weather.

Performance wise, I'd say Celtic were worth the win for their sustained efforts in the second half. I have seen the game's key incidents in highlight form and I'd like to go through some stuff:

- Adam Matthews was MOTM for me but there were some very good performances from Rogne, Mulgrew, Ledley, Samaras, Forrest and Kayal.

- The Wallace header...I've seen them given. I've also seen them not. In this instance, we'll say the right decision was made. In the ground I thought it just came off the post and out again, but Forster did excellently to get down to it. Rangers fans will piss and moan that it was the "goal that never was" etc but if you look at the speed at which the event occurred/the lack of any sincere appeals from the Rangers players, then it's not as much of an issue as is being made about it. Besides, Gary Hooper was a good yard or two onside when he was one-on-one with McGregor and deemed to be off.

- The tackle by David Healy on James Forrest was a fucking outrage and he should have been binned for it. Pathetic.

- Jelavic: :laugh: Actually, he's not the only laughable one. Broadfoot stayed true to form and was his usual hilarious self. Davis is another player from the one who used to play for Rangers. Who is that guy? And Bartley is just an absolute goon. Is he only played in derby games to wind up the opposition?

All in all, the capitulation of Rangers is really fucking embarrassing to say the least. A 15 point spin in the space of less than two months. We had a really poor start to the campaign but it gives me a great deal of pleasure to see the inquest into Rangers' form after the cigars were already being passed out for four in a row. GIRUY Ally, GIB, Jelavic, McCoist and the other scores of Orcs I've forgotten.

_57599396_5890124.jpg

Can't grumble with comfortably beating your nearest rivals without really getting out of second gear.

The 'goal' was clearly over the line, but fuck it - as you say, Hooper was onside and would most likely have scored, and Healy should've been off.

Relieved more than anything, as I feared the dodgy conditions might've been an equaliser to make things a bit of a lottery.

4 in a row is an absolute given. You can quote me on that

Oopsie!

Nobody won anything tonight.

They might not have won it, but you lot certainly blew it tonight, big time. And as I Dundee fan, I know about teams blowing it.

We never blew anything tonight, in terms of the title anyway. Celtic will drop points. Celtic have been league leaders at New Year 6 of the last 7 seasons. 5 of those we have won the league.

4 in a row is an absolute given. You can quote me on that

Oopsie!

Nobody won anything tonight.

They might not have won it, but you lot certainly blew it tonight, big time. And as I Dundee fan, I know about teams blowing it.

We never blew anything tonight, in terms of the title anyway. Celtic will drop points. Celtic have been league leaders at New Year 6 of the last 7 seasons. 5 of those we have won the league.

The past means fuck all. They have ALL the momentum now, at a crucial stage, IMO they have a better squad and a manager who is more organised. You blew a massive chance tonight to show you've not bottled it already, that is for sure.

THIS.

That said, shit result and we never even came out the second half. I find it funny that Soap is so defensive about the 'right decision' though, when it was clearly the wrong one, and if he'd made it against Celtic it'd have been 'WILLIE COLLUM IS THE WORST REFEREE EVER'.

Don't get me wrong; I understand why it was made and I don't bear any ill will to the official - he can't have seen it properly and he couldn't possibly have known it was all the way over the line, but if anything it's more of a point to Blatter and his anti-goal line tech agenda. Also lol at 'Rangers fans will piss and moan'... if anyone pisses and moans it's the CONSPIRACY! brigade. Where are they now? Waiting until the next decision is given against them... like, say, Healy being yellow carded when really it should've been a red, but Collum dropped his card.

Fact is that Sellick will drop points, we just need to pick 'em up when they lose to Caley and co. If the rumours are true and Jelavic is off, I'll be happy with

- The Wallace header...I've seen them given. I've also seen them not. In this instance, we'll say the right decision was made. In the ground I thought it just came off the post and out again, but Forster did excellently to get down to it. Rangers fans will piss and moan that it was the "goal that never was" etc but if you look at the speed at which the event occurred/the lack of any sincere appeals from the Rangers players, then it's not as much of an issue as is being made about it. Besides, Gary Hooper was a good yard or two onside when he was one-on-one with McGregor and deemed to be off.

I'm not here to moan but what? No it wasn't. And if it was you we'd have paragraph upon paragraph about the injustice in this country...

Archived