2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Dom will be a happy man tonight after Dundee 0-1 Greenock Morton.

The game overall was quite even with neither side creating many chances, Morton took the lead with a cracking counter attack, where our defensive lack of pace was exposed. Lockwood missed his second penalty this season, IMO due to him no longer just pummeling them in fyll force but side footing them.

Essentially Morton looked like they wanted the win more and looker eager. We created a couple more chances IMO, but Morton held out well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye, got home from a half shift to see that. Quite happy indeed. Good to see Tidser/Bachirou as the central midfield pairing again.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about a guy Chisolm that plays for you?

Aye, he'll be another one of the players who showed promise young, but by 25 is playing juniors football. He lacks height, speed, power, strength, vision, a pass and a shot.

Your CMs looked pretty average today, and thats with Chisolm and a poor Gavin Rae playing today, your centre halves look frail to pressure also, we got a lot of success from closing down on them.

Hearts done a good thing cancelling Elliots contract. He's a massive dumpling who's not a player either.

I've always thought we're very suspect in defence. Tidser and Bachirou being in front of them does seem to help a bit. When they were out we looked even more shaky.

Tidser and Bachirou are just back from injury, but it's obvious to me just how good they are. Tidser is by far our most important player. He goes out and the shit hits the fan results wise and that wasn't a coincidence.

I've always thought we're very suspect in defence. Tidser and Bachirou being in front of them does seem to help a bit. When they were out we looked even more shaky.

Tidser and Bachirou are just back from injury, but it's obvious to me just how good they are. Tidser is by far our most important player. He goes out and the shit hits the fan results wise and that wasn't a coincidence.

Is this the same Tidser that used to be with us at Celtic in the youth team?

Cannot wait for the game tomorrow. I never like to predict what is going to happen in derby games so I'll refrain, but I'm mega up for this one. It is possible the whole thing might be blighted by the kick-off time: I'm fairly certain this game will bring about some kind of incident or hassle.

I said to a boy in work on the 23rd that this stretch before New Year will define Rangers' season. I thought they would at least need to get four points out of the St. Mirren and Celtic matches so I would say the pressure is much more emphatic on Rangers to do something tomorrow night. To think we were 15 points behind on the 5th November and could go two points ahead by the new year is incredible and says a lot about Celtic's application in recent weeks.

Not going to predict a score but I will predict red cards. I fully expect Willie Collum to make an arse of this as well and I will not be surprised if he awards his obligatory scandalous decision against Celtic at some point. He is the worst referee going and he should be a million miles from a Glasgow derby, especially taking into account his horrendous performance in the last one he officiated.

My predicted teams:

Celtic

Fraser Forster

Cha Du Ri

Victor Wanyama

Charlie Mulgrew

Joe Ledley

Beram Kayal

Scott Brown

James Forrest

Georgios Samaras

Anthony Stokes

Gary Hooper

Rangers

Allan McGregor

Kirk Broadfoot

Carlos Bocanegra

Sasa Papac

Lee Wallace

Kyle Bartley

Steven Whittaker

Maurice Edu

Steve Davis

Kyle Lafferty

Nikica Jelavic

Cannot fucking wait.

• Paid Members
Rangers

Allan McGregor

Kirk Broadfoot

Carlos Bocanegra

Sasa Papac

Lee Wallace

Kyle Bartley

Steven Whittaker

Maurice Edu

Steve Davis

Kyle Lafferty

Nikica Jelavic

Cannot fucking wait.

I would guess Rangers would be playing Lee Mcculloch? Also David Weir to be replacing Goian.

So

Allan McGregor

Steven Whittaker

Carlos Bocanegra

David Weir

Sasa Papac

Steve Davis

Lee Mcculloch

Lee Wallace

Maurice Edu

Kyle Lafferty

Nikica Jelavic

Rangers

Allan McGregor

Kirk Broadfoot

Carlos Bocanegra

Sasa Papac

Lee Wallace

Kyle Bartley

Steven Whittaker

Maurice Edu

Steve Davis

Kyle Lafferty

Nikica Jelavic

Cannot fucking wait.

I would guess Rangers would be playing Lee Mcculloch? Also David Weir to be replacing Goian.

So

Allan McGregor

Steven Whittaker

Carlos Bocanegra

David Weir

Sasa Papac

Steve Davis

Lee Mcculloch

Lee Wallace

Maurice Edu

Kyle Lafferty

Nikica Jelavic

Is McCulloch not suspended or was the appeal successful? Also, you got it bang on that Rangers will have 12 men but forgot Willie Collum.

We've been here before about Wullie Collum but I'll sayy it again, there's nobody else who should get this game ahead of him. He is a top class referee

It's not often I agree with Soapy, but he's correct here. Wee Gollum is a fucking terrible ref.

• Paid Members

Not so much the appeal being successful but when Rangers put in the appeal it delays when it starts I think, I'm like 99% sure I read he will be able to play on SSN today

Willie Collum is a joke of a ref tho, the pen he gave Rangers when he could not even see the foul was stupid. If there is 1 rule you can't argue with its a ref giving something he cant see.

• Paid Members
Apparently there's a danger of the old firm game being called off tonight. Part of one of the stands has been affected by the high winds I've heard, and an inspection is scheduled for 6pm.

Our game was called off long ago.

No such luck...

RichardGordon48 Richard Gordon

Celtic v Rangers definitely ON ... there were doubts due to some structural damage at the stadium

Archived