2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
If people want to give FIFA ideas, then go for it. But Scotland and England have been seperate identites in football since the beginning of the modern game, and this should NEVER change. They should've played the Army select or some shite like that.

Lot's of should's there none that I agree with. There are plenty of other countries that have had to change when countries have merged or separated what makes us so special? Are you saying that Yugoslavia should just fuck there new countries and just be allowed to enter a team made up from all the separate countries? Or are you saying that Germany should split and play as East and West Germany? For some reason you don't want a player to player for his country why is that? do you have a real reason or is it just because your small minded?

If a player wants to play for his country and maybe win things, why should he not because a few fans will boo him, should he really give a shit what they think?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If people want to give FIFA ideas, then go for it. But Scotland and England have been seperate identites in football since the beginning of the modern game, and this should NEVER change. They should've played the Army select or some shite like that.

Lot's of should's there none that I agree with. There are plenty of other countries that have had to change when countries have merged or separated what makes us so special? Are you saying that Yugoslavia should just fuck there new countries and just be allowed to enter a team made up from all the separate countries? Or are you saying that Germany should split and play as East and West Germany? For some reason you don't want a player to player for his country why is that? do you have a real reason or is it just because your small minded?

If a player wants to play for his country and maybe win things, why should he not because a few fans will boo him, should he really give a shit what they think?

Wouldn't a Scottish player playing for Team GB be more a case of playing for State rather than country.

I'd say there's a lot of doubt in the matter, actually. St. Johnstone have come to Glasgow twice so far; and have beaten Celtic at Parkhead and drawn with Rangers at Ibrox. They're in 4th with a game in hand.

:smug:

Did you not exchange 3-0 wins when both teams were the away side? Either way, congrats. Through gritted teeth, I will admit Motherwell are the third best team in the league just now.

What drama at Celtic Park yesterday. Left feeling like we had won a Glasgow derby or a big European match.

Through gritted teeth, I will admit Motherwell are the third best team in the league just now.

And with a grin on my coupon, I will admit that Celtic are the 2nd best team in the league just now.
There's time yet :thumbsup:
Love it.
I was in Greenock today ( Cum Doctor ) and I have to say the view from the golf course beside Denholm Terrace is fucking phenomenal!

Through gritted teeth, I will admit Motherwell are the third best team in the league just now.

And with a grin on my coupon, I will admit that Celtic are the 2nd best team in the league just now.
There's time yet :thumbsup:
I hope so. The last thing anyone except fans of that particular team want is a done & dusted title race early. Keeping it going to the wire makes it interesting.

Celtic fined for illicit/offensive chanting by UEFA. Yet, we are still not informed which songs we are not supposed to sing. While I agree IRA songs or chants are daft at a football match, they are political and not sectarian songs. By that token, fans should be allowed to sing them if they wish, and if you want to go down the route of banning political songs then almost every team in the world should be fined. Hell, countries wouldn't be allowed to play their national anthem before games if they expect a fine to stand up for political chanting.

An Irish friend made a similar point to me a while back. "How come you all get in trouble for singing rebel songs, but if you sing Scots Wha' Hae or Flower Of Scotland you're a good Scot?"

An Irish friend made a similar point to me a while back. "How come you all get in trouble for singing rebel songs, but if you sing Scots Wha' Hae or Flower Of Scotland you're a good Scot?"

Good troll.Flower Of Scotland is the national anthem. Nobody has a problem with Celtic fans singing the Soldier Song, it's the add on's that make it bigoted.The key word here is "Guilty". And with that one word you have all fallen of your moral high horse from a great, great height.

Good troll.Flower Of Scotland is the national anthem. Nobody has a problem with Celtic fans singing the Soldier Song, it's the add on's that make it bigoted.The key word here is "Guilty". And with that one word you have all fallen of your moral high horse from a great, great height.
It's a contradiction from UEFA, we were given an award for the same songs during the Seville season.

It's a contradiction from UEFA, we were given an award for the same songs during the Seville season.
Ahhh right. Must be part of the conspiracy then. The Establishment wins again.

Ahhh right. Must be part of the conspiracy then. The Establishment wins again.
My post wasn't a cryptic clue.

Archived