2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be honest, I enjoyed the Friday Football experiment. Even ignoring the result - There was a buzz surrounding the game that I haven't felt in a long time.

I'm not so sure a freezing cold Friday night in December would carry the same appeal though. Summer football anyone?

Well there's only four teams who've got permission from their local police force so it'll be a small experiment for the time being ! I'd love summer football, even looking at amateur and welfare football these days the team i used to play for are now hitting the time of year waiting for the dreaded phone call at 9am on Saturday to say the pitch has been called off.

Was the worst feeling in the world when you were a kid and it happened to your school / BB / youth team games and it still ruins yer weekend just as much now!!

Last year come March they were having to play Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday for about a month to make up the fixtures wiped out over the winter period.

Most of the SAFA affiliated amateur leagues are in favour of summer football. The main issue is that the local councils refuse to open the grass parks during the summer and with no grass parks available there's now way all the games could be played on 3G/4G as there just isn't enough pitches.

If the regular season was to turn in to a summer league, there would be no option but to open them IMO.

In Dundee the council generally take the goals down for re-painting for a month or so in the summer, if summer football were to be introduced, they'd logically be taken down in January for re-painting, when you know, no one uses them, and they're just a hinderance to people sledging.

Personally, I am a supporter of the move to the summer. Norweigan football saw a 25% rise in attendances since they went to summer football, and an upswing in their standing in the football world as more kids are playing, and they can get more and better coaching when their isn't howling winds stopping you from passing the ball.

Motherwell vs Hibs. Match abandoned due to floodlight failure. :rolleyes:

Get the bill paid you cheap bastards! :laugh:

Fir Park is a shambles. It must set some sort of British record for games called off. If it's not the pitch, it's the floodlights.

Nah, it was an electrical fire in the Cooper stand that prompted the match commander to call the game off. Blessing in disguise to be honest, as it was fucking dire.

Friday night football is the drizzling shits.

Nah, it was an electrical fire in the Cooper stand that prompted the match commander to call the game off. Blessing in disguise to be honest, as it was fucking dire.

Fir Park is the drizzling shits.

Fixed.

• Paid Members

Fir Park is a shambles. It must set some sort of British record for games called off. If it's not the pitch, it's the floodlights.

Or its the streets around the stadium. How do those householders cope when the Old Firm come to town and park their coaches and cars everywhere? It must be rather cramped.

Or its the streets around the stadium. How do those householders cope when the Old Firm come to town and park their coaches and cars everywhere? It must be rather cramped.

Trust me, when the Old Firm come to town the last thing the locals are concerned with are the coaches.

• Paid Members
I'll say it now - Aberdeen will NOT be relegated, Not a f*cking chance. :cool:

...For that is something to brag about.

sigh.

I'm not bragging. I'm just stating - as Rafa would say - FACTS!!

You're such a "knobhead".

:laugh: Ouch!

Are you going to talk shit about me behind my back too? :cry:

Archived