2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

The last match I went to in Scotland was when Morton beat Peterhead ( I think) to win the Third Division!

Niiiiiiiice. That was some day. One of the most tense I can ever remember actually.

On Rangers fluking it, that didn't happen. Did they get lucky in some games? Yes. However, there's a difference between that and fluking almost an entire tournament, which if you ask me, isn't possible.

Yes, it was a good game, if only because both teams couldn't string a pass together, I'm looking at you John Masciano! Was that also the game where Morton had a free kick right on the halfway line and the midfielder managed to strike it from there right off the crossbar? Would've been some goal if he pulled it off.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Show me this sectarian abuse. I challenge you to find it.

So you got suspended for nothing? If that was the case, why did you decide to lob all of your little green toys out the pram and go in the huff, only to slither back under a different name :smug:

Getting back on topic, I suppose this question is for either Martyn or Bettencourt. You guys got a Friday night SPL match not that long ago, didn't you?

Indeed we did. We won 4-0 against Dunfermline. :thumbsup:

Did the pricing of the tickets change for that game?

• Paid Members
Getting back on topic, I suppose this question is for either Martyn or Bettencourt. You guys got a Friday night SPL match not that long ago, didn't you?

Not that I can recall.

It didn't really affect the crowd either. Infact considering our previous home game was the East Fife shambles the crowd was decent.

• Paid Members
I remember listening to the Aberdeen Friday night game and I'm pretty sure they cut prices of some of the tickets, couldn't tell you which tickets they were though. I'm sure some friends who went said the same.

No different than any other game of that level....

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110929/fri...2212158_2458995

Not that I can recall.

It didn't really affect the crowd either. Infact considering our previous home game was the East Fife shambles the crowd was decent.

Nah they were definetely left at normal pirce, both clubs were against the decision so they didn't want any ammunition for the SPL to put a false spin on any attendance rise/fall so they left it as it was.

Not that I can recall.

Nah they were definetely left at normal pirce, both clubs were against the decision so they didn't want any ammunition for the SPL to put a false spin on any attendance rise/fall so they left it as it was.

That's what I suspect my club are doing tomorrow night. Half price tickets, and a free extra ticket for every season ticket holder.

• Paid Members

I'll be honest, I enjoyed the Friday Football experiment. Even ignoring the result - There was a buzz surrounding the game that I haven't felt in a long time.

I'm not so sure a freezing cold Friday night in December would carry the same appeal though. Summer football anyone?

I'll be honest, I enjoyed the Friday Football experiment. Even ignoring the result - There was a buzz surrounding the game that I haven't felt in a long time.

I'm not so sure a freezing cold Friday night in December would carry the same appeal though. Summer football anyone?

Well there's only four teams who've got permission from their local police force so it'll be a small experiment for the time being ! I'd love summer football, even looking at amateur and welfare football these days the team i used to play for are now hitting the time of year waiting for the dreaded phone call at 9am on Saturday to say the pitch has been called off.

Was the worst feeling in the world when you were a kid and it happened to your school / BB / youth team games and it still ruins yer weekend just as much now!!

Last year come March they were having to play Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday for about a month to make up the fixtures wiped out over the winter period.

Well there's only four teams who've got permission from their local police force so it'll be a small experiment for the time being ! I'd love summer football, even looking at amateur and welfare football these days the team i used to play for are now hitting the time of year waiting for the dreaded phone call at 9am on Saturday to say the pitch has been called off.

Was the worst feeling in the world when you were a kid and it happened to your school / BB / youth team games and it still ruins yer weekend just as much now!!

Last year come March they were having to play Saturday/Tuesday/Thursday for about a month to make up the fixtures wiped out over the winter period.

Most of the SAFA affiliated amateur leagues are in favour of summer football. The main issue is that the local councils refuse to open the grass parks during the summer and with no grass parks available there's now way all the games could be played on 3G/4G as there just isn't enough pitches.

To quote the source, "It really is becoming quite a serious mess."

Rangers face Euro ban unless accounts are signed off by independent auditor

TOP BRASS at UEFA last night warned Rangers face expulsion from European football next season unless the club's financial house is put in order.

Record Sport can reveal that as things stand, the SPL leaders would be denied an

Archived