2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

To be honest Soapy, if you lot win the title this season it'll be because Rangers have thrown it away. You wouldn't really be the best team in Scotland, more like the less-shit team.

Wait a minute, I thought we threw it away in September and October?

Rangers 4 - Celtic 2

Hearts 2 - Celtic 0

Kille 3 - Celtic 3

Celtic 0 - Hibs 0

All very confusing.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All very confusing.

Not really. Both Old Firm teams are pretty shit, so it stands to reason that whatever team wins the league this year will be the team who manages to stumble over the finishing line.

Shit enough to beat Motherwell pretty easily.

Yeah, which is to be expected really. Considering our budget & fanbase (mostly due to the fact that Motherwell & it's surrounding areas are hotbeds of sectarian knuckledraggers) I'd say that we've easily been the team of the season thus far without doubt.

All very confusing.

Not really. Both Old Firm teams are pretty shit, so it stands to reason that whatever team wins the league this year will be the team who manages to stumble over the finishing line.

No, it's not your "less shit" comment that's confusing. It's no secret that Scottish football's absolutely hopeless at the moment so whoever wins is only the best of a bad bunch. The head scratcher is your strange point about potentially throwing a league away if a mere 3 game/9pt deficit gets chipped away over the course of about 25 games. It doesn't make sense, and i've never heard the phrase used in that context before.

Yeah, which is to be expected really. Considering our budget & fanbase (mostly due to the fact that Motherwell & it's surrounding areas are hotbeds of sectarian knuckledraggers) I'd say that we've easily been the team of the season thus far without doubt.

I'd say there's a lot of doubt in the matter, actually. St. Johnstone have come to Glasgow twice so far; and have beaten Celtic at Parkhead and drawn with Rangers at Ibrox. They're in 4th with a game in hand. Similarly, Killie have beaten Rangers and drawn with Celtic.

It's November, for God's sake. I would like to think Motherwell will not finish 3rd because I have been much more impressed by other teams than them. Have you seen Motherwell play this season? Or is it just a case of reading their result after you've finished watching Liverpool on a stream?

It's November, for God's sake. I would like to think Motherwell will not finish 3rd because I have been much more impressed by other teams than them. Have you seen Motherwell play this season? Or is it just a case of reading their result after you've finished watching Liverpool on a stream?

I know we don't agree on much, but I think we can both agree that that was piss funny. Expect a predictable trumpet smiley forthwith.

I'd say there's a lot of doubt in the matter, actually. St. Johnstone have come to Glasgow twice so far; and have beaten Celtic at Parkhead and drawn with Rangers at Ibrox. They're in 4th with a game in hand. Similarly, Killie have beaten Rangers and drawn with Celtic.

Nah, we're easily the 3rd best team in Scotland at present Soap-dodger. Seven ahead of St Johnstone, and eight ahead of Hearts. A fucking superb season thus far for the mighty Steelmen.

Have you seen Motherwell play this season? Or is it just a case of reading their result after you've finished watching Liverpool on a stream?

Season ticket holder my bigoted friend, east stand far end. I was sitting there the day you lot came prepared for a party and were left crying into your Irish flags :smug:

I know we don't agree on much, but I think we can both agree that that was piss funny. Expect a predictable trumpet smiley forthwith.

Sadly, the real response was even more telegraphed and banal than the vuvuzela emoticon.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Still, a vuvuzela is better than sectarian abuse, isn't it? I'd hate to get suspended for something like that.

Sadly, the real response was even more telegraphed and banal than the vuvuzela emoticon.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Still, a vuvuzela is better than sectarian abuse, isn't it? I'd hate to get suspended for something like that.

Show me this sectarian abuse. I challenge you to find it.

I genuinely don't get why you lot watch the quality black hole that is the SPL. The only good game is the Old Firm derby, even with that you've got a bunch of mental fans on both sides. Do you guys support a English team at all? If you don't, why not? Surely it would be more fun to support someone in the Premier League as opposed to an SPL team?

I genuinely don't get why you lot watch the quality black hole that is the SPL. The only good game is the Old Firm derby, even with that you've got a bunch of mental fans on both sides. Do you guys support a English team at all? If you don't, why not? Surely it would be more fun to support someone in the Premier League as opposed to an SPL team?

The SPL isn't as chronically bad as it is made out to be. One thing that doesn't help is the fact that our game is drastically overpriced to attend. This makes it embarrassing when either Celtic or Rangers are playing on Sky/ESPN on the Sunday, so they fill the Saturday slot with say Kilmarnock versus Hibs for example. A ghost town of a ground on national television...it makes the world of difference to the allure of the game.

I support Celtic because they are my team, they are my family's team and it will always be that way. I'm sure a fan on either side of the divide will tell you that's their reason. I like watching the Premiership as a neutral where I can watch the matches objectively. I go through phases of liking teams. Just now, I think Tottenham are my favourite team to watch in England. It doesn't mean I support them or it wouldn't ruin my day if they lost. The Premiership isn't the be all end all, though. I turned on Sky Sports with a blistering hangover on Saturday morning and groaned when I saw the match on offer was Stoke VS Blackburn. As I would do if I tuned into Monday Night Football and the game was Bolton VS Wigan or something equally as appalling.

For me, the Bundesliga is the best league to watch in Europe. Competitive, quality football played in front of full stadiums with a crackling atmosphere.

Well a lot of pundits are of the opinion that Celtic or Rangers could only beat a championship side. Also they get knocked out of every European competition, Celtic's progression into the group stages of the Europa League this year was quite frankly embarrassing.

Well a lot of pundits are of the opinion that Celtic or Rangers could only beat a championship side. Also they get knocked out of every European competition, Celtic's progression into the group stages of the Europa League this year was quite frankly embarrassing.

What has that got do with anything? They get knocked out of every Euro comp? Do you not remember Rangers getting to the Europa League final just three years ago? I also seem to remember "pundits" saying Celtic wouldn't beat Blackburn and Liverpool years ago. What happened there? Oh, they got to the Uefa Cup Final!

Archived