2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Sone Aluko's contribution was fantastic - he's almost paying for himself.

The lulz aside, I watched the entirety of the game and I think Killie were well worth their win today. I have a lot of respect for Kenny Shiels and he is to be admired for trying to do things the right way on a threadbare budget. Sissoko was fantastic at the back, he had Jelavic in his back pocket for the whole day.

I'll take this weekend's results any day of the week. I said to my mates that I hoped to get to the 28th December with maybe a four point gap; to have it in the tail end of November is a bonus. We need to remain focused but I think Celtic have performed superbly this week in recovering the lost ground. No more noob material please, Bhoys.

Oh, and what is the prognosis on Lafferty? Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow :(.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Keith Houchen will charge in on his high horse in a state of moral indignation about the Kilmarnock fans chanting "go home, ya Huns, go home" on the final whistle today?

Yeah, you totally missed the bit where I said I didn't agree with the ruling, didn't you. And you bleating on about moral indignation is irony at it's finest. You bigoted mope bitch.

I wonder if Keith Houchen will charge in on his high horse in a state of moral indignation about the Kilmarnock fans chanting "go home, ya Huns, go home" on the final whistle today?

Yeah, you totally missed the bit where I said I didn't agree with the ruling, didn't you. And you bleating on about moral indignation is irony at it's finest. You bigoted mope bitch.

:laugh:

Deary me.

Rangers were shocking today. Simple as. Had a couple of chances to score and didn't take them, but overall it was just dreadful. No imagination in the midfield and no spark up front when Jelavic has an off day, and Goian had a nightmare, seemed lost positionally without Boca.

Well done to Killie who worked really hard, but I think the result was more about Rangers being bad than Killie being good.

:laugh:

Deary me.

Ah bollocks, I've just remembered Ally used that for most offended people ever or something. I meant as in miserable, thought that needed clearing up.

Rangers were shocking today. Simple as. Had a couple of chances to score and didn't take them, but overall it was just dreadful. No imagination in the midfield and no spark up front when Jelavic has an off day, and Goian had a nightmare, seemed lost positionally without Boca.

Well done to Killie who worked really hard, but I think the result was more about Rangers being bad than Killie being good.

I'm not so sure that's a fair comment. Barring the first twenty minutes where I thought Killie looked hurried in possession and a bit flustered by the occasion, I thought they passed the ball well. They kept it on the deck for the most part and came up with some really imaginative phases of play in the second half in particular. In the first half they seemed to always be in pursuit of the killer ball that would split the Rangers defence instead of building up to an attack. I'm glad Shiels seemed to have a word with them at half time.

There were chances on both sides. Heffernan was through on goal and McGregor made a vital save, the ball came off the crossbar after a corner and there was the clearance off the line from Aluko. It was pretty end to end but as I said earlier I thought Killie were worthy of the win.

• Paid Members
To be honest Soapy, if you lot win the title this season it'll be because Rangers have thrown it away. You wouldn't really be the best team in Scotland, more like the less-shit team.

You can say that about almost every season. If Celtic do manage to come back and win the league, they'd have every right to be proud of their team. Would it bother you if Rangers and Celtic both threw the League away and Motherwell became the "least shit team" in Scotland? Of course it wouldn't.

Didn't see the game today but our unbeaten League run had to come to an end eventually. Hopefully it'll have the same effect as when we lost to Falkirk and give us the kick up the arse we've sorely needed in the last few games.

On another note, I was at Raith vs Hamilton yesterday and it was a cracking game. If Hearts do go to the wall, SPL teams could do worse than looking at some of the young boys they've got on loan at Raith the now. Jason Holt and David Smith, in particular, were outstanding. Definitely players to watch for the future.

I'm not so sure that's a fair comment. Barring the first twenty minutes where I thought Killie looked hurried in possession and a bit flustered by the occasion, I thought they passed the ball well. They kept it on the deck for the most part and came up with some really imaginative phases of play in the second half in particular. In the first half they seemed to always be in pursuit of the killer ball that would split the Rangers defence instead of building up to an attack. I'm glad Shiels seemed to have a word with them at half time.

There were chances on both sides. Heffernan was through on goal and McGregor made a vital save, the ball came off the crossbar after a corner and there was the clearance off the line from Aluko. It was pretty end to end but as I said earlier I thought Killie were worthy of the win.

They were worthy of at least a draw, and probably did enough to be worthy of winning the game, Rangers were awful. Maybe being a bit harsh on Killie, as I spent the majority of the second half in a rage at the TV, so they may have played better than I gave them credit for. As I said though, shocking from Rangers for the second week running.

Archived