2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

I'm pretty sure the reason he couldn't be arsed was because he was playing for a dreadful team, in a half empty stadium that were getting knocked out of cups by the likes of East Fife. He could do a decent job for Rangers but surely as someone else pointed out they could've done a wee bit better. Did he not have a trial at Juventus?

He did have a trial with Juventus, which unsurprisingly went nowhere. He got the heave ho from Sheffield United as well. We should be doing better than him, but got to take what's available. Hopefully he'll do alright, but not expecting too much.

How has Bedoya been doing when he's been playing? He got the start against St Johnstone didn't he?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure the reason he couldn't be arsed was because he was playing for a dreadful team, in a half empty stadium that were getting knocked out of cups by the likes of East Fife. He could do a decent job for Rangers but surely as someone else pointed out they could've done a wee bit better. Did he not have a trial at Juventus?

He did have a trial with Juventus, which unsurprisingly went nowhere. He got the heave ho from Sheffield United as well. We should be doing better than him, but got to take what's available. Hopefully he'll do alright, but not expecting too much.

How has Bedoya been doing when he's been playing? He got the start against St Johnstone didn't he?

Haven't seen enough of him to judge unfortunately. I usually watch the game reruns on RangersTV online, but didn't get round to watching the St Johnstone game, and won't bother now. He played 76 minutes though.

• Paid Members

First thing I'd expect from a Professional Footballer who is on a pretty good wage is that he tries 100%.

But unfortunately for him, he took the huff way too much.

• Paid Members

One for Scotland fans though I don't know if anything will come of it. Cameron Stewart tweeted this week that the SFA have been in touch. His Mum is Scottish. Would be a very good move for the Scots, I think he's going to be a PL player in a year or two.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if we have any Hibs fans on here but unless you have a bucketload of money then I imagine you might be in trouble. Fenlon has only had success in Ireland because his teams have always had far and away the biggest budget in the league. He managed Derry (my hometown club) for about 3 months, released good first team players and brought in his mates, we had an average start and he walked out saying that his wife didn't want to live in Derry, which must have been partly smokescreen. Between him and John Robertson three years of good work was undone in a season.

He's offered absolutley nothing so far and looks devoid of any sort of pace whatsoever. Looks more like a sitting midfielder type than the winger we're playing him as.

• Paid Members

You know in all the cheap digs at each other we really don't make enough fun of Hearts in this thread.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15899812.stm

Hibernian plan to sell tickets for the Edinburgh derby on 2 January at their Easter Road ground directly to the visiting Hearts fans.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Hibs board feel there is a chance they may not receive the money due should Hearts sell the tickets on their behalf.

Chairman Rod Petrie refused to comment when asked about the situation.

However, he did disclose that discussions within the boardroom had taken place.

Hearts players have in recent weeks experienced delays in receiving their wages and the Tynecastle club's owner Vladimir Romanov is looking to sell.

:laugh:

You know in all the cheap digs at each other we really don't make enough fun of Hearts in this thread.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15899812.stm

Hibernian plan to sell tickets for the Edinburgh derby on 2 January at their Easter Road ground directly to the visiting Hearts fans.

BBC Scotland has learned that the Hibs board feel there is a chance they may not receive the money due should Hearts sell the tickets on their behalf.

Chairman Rod Petrie refused to comment when asked about the situation.

However, he did disclose that discussions within the boardroom had taken place.

Hearts players have in recent weeks experienced delays in receiving their wages and the Tynecastle club's owner Vladimir Romanov is looking to sell.

:laugh:

That is probably the smartest thing Hibernian Football Club has ever done.

Living in Edinburgh but originating from Glasgow gives me the opportunity to see both halves of the Edinburgh divide with no prejudice. Both clubs have delusions of grandeur and think they're much bigger than they are (for the size of the city they really should be, but there's so many foreigners - mainly students - making up the population, it's sort of skewed). Both clubs have a really nasty section of supporters as well (though that's in the minority as with most clubs). Anyway, long story short, not a fan of either, and Hibs have done the smart thing to make sure they get their money.

Archived