2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Seen the GB are backing Motherwell fans after the thing at Pittodrie and have been in touch with someone who is in charge of a campaign there. Think it was called "Heavy hands - Empty Stands" or something similar.

The Heavy Hands, Empty Stands campaign is our stand against the SNP's new football legislation. I believe the Green Brigade (along with the supporters trust etc) have a similar campaign? If so, I'm sure they'll be working together.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seen the GB are backing Motherwell fans after the thing at Pittodrie and have been in touch with someone who is in charge of a campaign there. Think it was called "Heavy hands - Empty Stands" or something similar.

The Heavy Hands, Empty Stands campaign is our stand against the SNP's new football legislation. I believe the Green Brigade (along with the supporters trust etc) have a similar campaign? If so, I'm sure they'll be working together.

Yes, the GB's is called 'Fans Against Criminalisation'.

It's also a very staunch Rangers establishment- might be interesting day if the game goes ahead at Balmoor rather than shifting it. I think there's a strong case for a move though- standing area is not raised so its pretty unsuitable for a big crowd.

Possibly, It was a shambles when we played them at the beginning of last season in a friendly game so god only knows what it would be like for a visit of the champions in a competitive(ish) match. Especially as it's no secret Peterhead is very well known as a "Hun town".

If I said that, I'd be getting yet another suspension ;)

You got suspended for saying Hun??

Repeatedly, and rightly so. He was asked time and again to refrain from his bigotry and sectarianism and took no notice. Was so funny how he went from a bigot to a bitch by asking for his account to be disabled, the tool.

What was he saying that was bigotted?

Hun.

It was determined a sectarian insult by a court of law. Just because you may disagree with the ruling, as I do, it doesn't change that it is a sectarian insult. Anyway, that's old ground that isn't worth rehashing as it is very boring. I'm just taking neils advice of reminding anyone who asked for their account to be disabled only to return that they are a whiny bitch and should be mocked at every turn.

Edit- to be fair, there was more to it than that but the bigoted to and fro went on for too long and it cunted up this thread for long enough. I have no interest in restarting that tedious bullshit again and I suspect nor do the mods.

Hun.

It was determined a sectarian insult by a court of law. Just because you may disagree with the ruling, as I do, it doesn't change that it is a sectarian insult. Anyway, that's old ground that isn't worth rehashing as it is very boring. I'm just taking neils advice of reminding anyone who asked for their account to be disabled only to return that they are a whiny bitch and should be mocked at every turn.

Edit- to be fair, there was more to it than that but the bigoted to and fro went on for too long and it cunted up this thread for long enough. I have no interest in restarting that tedious bullshit again and I suspect nor do the mods.

Ah right. I'm aware of that case and it was a bit of an anomaly to say the least. Without delving too deeply into it and risking the wrath of the inevitable "not this shit again" responses, lets just say that one sheriffs ruling does not a precedent set. The fact that no (or very few?) similar subsequent convictions have been secured since then makes it pretty evident that it's far from a cut & dried issue. The use of the word probably will be outlawed in the future, in football grounds at least, but it will be through this absurd catch-all 'offensive behaviour' bill they're hellbent on pushing through, rather than anything related to sectarianism.

Anyways, thanks for clarifying on the policy. Surprised I've never been pulled up for it as I must've used the term at some point in the past on here.

Houchen, you really are a miserable, torn-faced cunt. I'm a bigot for using the word "Hun"? Well, newfangled legislation that's not even really in place yet may say so, but tell that to all the Aberdeen/Dundee Utd/Hibs/Motherwell/insert team here fans who have defined a Rangers supporter as a "Hun" since the dawn of time.

Prick. You are the definition of a moronic English fan who reads sensationalised articles in The Sun and surmises: "Wait! They are all fucking bigots up there! That is a Celtic/Rangers thing!" You have absolutely no concept or point of reference to talk in this debate. The 10p rag under your arm isn't a weapon. Take a shower, hit the weights and get a clue.

Soap is cutting Kevin Nash promos to try and get over :laugh:

Also, get it right you mard arse. The Sun is 30p and Keith's more of a Daily Star man anyway.

To paraphrase a great man, I do what I like and I like what I do.

Also, I wouldn't know the price of The Sun in today's market. We don't get daily news in militia training.

• Paid Members

Going back to the point before you continue your attempt at no-selling Houchen, you might want to read back to the point where he actually makes the point that he disagrees with the ruling before you go off on another inadvertently hilarious flail.

Archived