2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

How exactly do you know what's happening with Rangers and Celtic fans every week?

Clearly the whole furore over issues such as the 'lateral movement' of fans at Celtic Park, the police intimidation and video surveillance, or the dawn raids for dodgy singing have passed you by.

It was only in the papers today that a senior bishop was bringing to light the shoddy treatment fans received from the police up at your midden.

And you dare to call us paranoid....

Quick question for you. What the fuck has the treatment of Celtic fans in a football ground got to do with a fucking Bishop?

All part of "The Celtic Family", init.

Stick to pulling the pints in Firewater, Ally.

Haha. You in at the weekend then? Shoulda said hi! I bear no grudges from our online tussles.

Me and the DJ are literally the only 2 Rangers fans in there. Everybody else is Celtic minded.

Haha I was. I was actually gonna say hi but you were working behind the bar and it was really busy. First time I have been in there in ages - think the last time I was there was for the quiz about two months ago. The lad who runs the quiz on a Monday night that has been relocated from the Brunswick Cellars is brand new; it's just not the same though. I heard a rumour Firewater is closing as well or is that bullshit?

It was rumoured for ages but Firewater is the only of the three bars (Cellars and Lost Souls) that was apparently making any money. Cellars is owned by Hogs Head now. Was meant to be going in for it opening of Thursday but ended up drinking in Firewater instead. It's a good place to work, mainly for the music but the talent is fantastic also!

Loads of my old college mates were in on Friday, I spent a lot of my time skiving in the DJ booth and cutting about the floor.

How long you been there Ally? I used to get in a fair bit for the quiz but haven't been down for ages.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An email sent to all senior non-league and junior clubs today from the SFA. Some interesting developments, will be interesting to see if anything comes from it.

League Restructuring and a Pyramid Structure for Scottish Football

At its meeting on 29th September,2011, the Professional Game Board agreed a five point plan to formally develop proposals for League restructuring: -

1. The merger of the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League to create a single league structure
  2. An all through distribution model covering all 42 league clubs
  3. The creation of an additional relegation / promotion place between the top division and the division below it
  4. Enhanced parachute payments to soften the financial blow of relegation for clubs relegated out of the top division
  5. A 'pyramid structure' that will open up access to SFL Division Three from below

Subsequent discussion by the Scottish FA Board of Directors, related to point 5 above, has reached broad consensus on the following "pyramid principles" -

• The creation of a new Scottish FA "Highland" and "Lowland" Super League structure immediately below the SFL Third Division, comprising clubs from the existing structures of Scottish Highland Football League, East of Scotland League, South of Scotland League and Scottish Junior FA
  • Maintenance of the existing SHFL, ESL, SSL and SJFA League structures, immediately below the dual Super Leagues, with provision for existing Leagues to open membership to clubs within the Scottish Amateur FA
  • Promotion and relegation based upon sporting merit and the achievement of "club" standards as defined by National Club Licensing and the Scottish FA Quality Mark system

ln order to formally progress the development of the key principles above, the Professional Game Board is requested to approve the following actions: -

• The commencement of formal consultation between the Scottish FA, SPL, SFL, Scottish Highland Football League, the East of Scotland League, the South of Scotland League and Scottish Junior FA regarding the composition and launch of a new dual "Super League" structure with effect from season 2014-15 (with club applications being sought from 2013-14)
  • An internal review of the National Club Licensing and Scottish FA Quality Mark services and resource supporting the proposed pyramid structure
  • The completion of a signed "Memorandum of Understanding" by all relevant League bodies and stakeholders giving formal commitment to the agreed principles of the new Pyramid Structure for Scottish Football

Stewart M. Regan

Chief Executive

October,2011

Well, Friday night football hits Fir Park next week when we play Hibs. Oh, and if you read anything about crowds being up for this game, thus making this shambolic experiment something of a success, just keep in mind that the club are halving all ticket prices and allowing every season ticket holder to bring a friend for free.

• Paid Members
Well, Friday night football hits Fir Park next week when we play Hibs. Oh, and if you read anything about crowds being up for this game, thus making this shambolic experiment something of a success, just keep in mind that the club are halving all ticket prices and allowing every season ticket holder to bring a friend for free.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the experiment to reduce ticket prices?

• Paid Members
Scottish Cup fourth-round draw

Ross County v Stenhousemuir

Livingston v Ayr United or Montrose

Raith Rovers v Morton

Hearts v Auchinleck Talbot

Cowdenbeath v Hibernian

St Johnstone v Brechin City

Stranraer or Forfar Athletic v Aberdeen

Culter or Partick Thistle v Queen of the South

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Dunfermline Athletic

Falkirk v East Fife

Motherwell v Elgin City or Queen's Park

Arbroath v Rangers

Peterhead v Celtic

Airdrie United v Dundee United

Dundee v Kilmarnock

St Mirren v Hamilton Academical

Great draw for Auchinleck Talbot.

Obviously Aberdeens cup dream will be over for another season now! :angry:

Some good trips for the Old Firm there.

Peterhead social club allows half time entry for a drink, and you can come and go as you please. Assume they would put a stop to that.

It's also a very staunch Rangers establishment- might be interesting day if the game goes ahead at Balmoor rather than shifting it. I think there's a strong case for a move though- standing area is not raised so its pretty unsuitable for a big crowd.

• Paid Members
It's also a very staunch Rangers establishment- might be interesting day if the game goes ahead at Balmoor rather than shifting it. I think there's a strong case for a move though- standing area is not raised so its pretty unsuitable for a big crowd.

Possibly, It was a shambles when we played them at the beginning of last season in a friendly game so god only knows what it would be like for a visit of the champions in a competitive(ish) match. Especially as it's no secret Peterhead is very well known as a "Hun town".

Possibly, It was a shambles when we played them at the beginning of last season in a friendly game so god only knows what it would be like for a visit of the champions in a competitive(ish) match. Especially as it's no secret Peterhead is very well known as a "Hun town".

If I said that, I'd be getting yet another suspension ;)

Anyways, looking forward to the game. I've never been on an away trip to Peterhead so I'm expecting a hefty sesh on the bus up. I like the early rounds of the cup where ties like this can happen. It's also funny as it flummoxes a female friend of mine - she cannot grasp why Celtic are allowed to play a team she's never heard of (she's from Brighton). Then again, I did watch a game with her where Anthony Stokes scored against Kilmarnock and she thought the goal wouldn't count as the ball came back out of the net. Women.

• Paid Members

I'm simply quoting how others describe Peterhead. I wouldn't dream of using language like that.

I hate our draw. I can't remember going to Starks and seeing us win a game. I've seen us draw up there plenty of times so that's okay I suppose, although I think I'd rather see us go out than have a midweek replay when we're bound to have other games in hand when games start getting called off.

You got suspended for saying Hun??

Didn't you piss off in the huff after that suspension & come back with a different name? Or was that another time?

Elgin or Queens Park for the mighty 'well, which suits me just fine. Can't see too many problems there.

Seen the GB are backing Motherwell fans after the thing at Pittodrie and have been in touch with someone who is in charge of a campaign there. Think it was called "Heavy hands - Empty Stands" or something similar.

You got suspended for saying Hun??

Repeatedly, and rightly so. He was asked time and again to refrain from his bigotry and sectarianism and took no notice. Was so funny how he went from a bigot to a bitch by asking for his account to be disabled, the tool.

Archived