2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
From what I've heard, and apparently this is coming from some Aberdeen boards as well, a few stewards decided to put on the billy big bollocks act and manhandle a few Motherwell youngsters, which wasn't well received by other supporters.

Even the police weren't happy with how the situation went down.

Hmmm. Maybe that's how it started. As I said, I never saw what was actually happening. Just the reaction of the police in the ground.

No wonder crowds are down, it's so f**king demoralising watching Rangers/Celtic fans do what the hell they want week in, week out while fans of the other clubs are treated like criminals for minor offences such as standing.

I know you're not meant to stand but ffs is it really such a big deal when there is only a few hundred Motherwell fans

Would be nice to see common sense prevail sometimes.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I've heard, and apparently this is coming from some Aberdeen boards as well, a few stewards decided to put on the billy big bollocks act and manhandle a few Motherwell youngsters, which wasn't well received by other supporters.

Even the police weren't happy with how the situation went down.

Hmmm. Maybe that's how it started. As I said, I never saw what was actually happening. Just the reaction of the police in the ground.

No wonder crowds are down, it's so f**king demoralising watching Rangers/Celtic fans do what the hell they want week in, week out while fans of the other clubs are treated like criminals for minor offences such as standing.

I know you're not meant to stand but ffs is it really such a big deal when there is only a few hundred Motherwell fans

Would be nice to see common sense prevail sometimes.

How exactly do you know what's happening with Rangers and Celtic fans every week?

Clearly the whole furore over issues such as the 'lateral movement' of fans at Celtic Park, the police intimidation and video surveillance, or the dawn raids for dodgy singing have passed you by.

It was only in the papers today that a senior bishop was bringing to light the shoddy treatment fans received from the police up at your midden.

And you dare to call us paranoid....

How exactly do you know what's happening with Rangers and Celtic fans every week?

Clearly the whole furore over issues such as the 'lateral movement' of fans at Celtic Park, the police intimidation and video surveillance, or the dawn raids for dodgy singing have passed you by.

It was only in the papers today that a senior bishop was bringing to light the shoddy treatment fans received from the police up at your midden.

Quick question for you. What the fuck has the treatment of Celtic fans in a football ground got to do with a fucking Bishop?

Quick question for you. What the fuck has the treatment of Celtic fans in a football ground got to do with a fucking Bishop?

All part of "The Celtic Family", init.

The same as it's got to do with any other fan who experiences the treatment at football matches. He's just in a more fortunate position in that he's a public figure whose voice can be heard more readily than your average joe.

The same as it's got to do with any other fan who experiences the treatment at football matches. He's just in a more fortunate position in that he's a public figure whose voice can be heard more readily than your average joe.

So he was at the game?

So he was at the game?
Yes.

How exactly do you know what's happening with Rangers and Celtic fans every week?Clearly the whole furore over issues such as the 'lateral movement' of fans at Celtic Park, the police intimidation and video surveillance, or the dawn raids for dodgy singing have passed you by.It was only in the papers today that a senior bishop was bringing to light the shoddy treatment fans received from the police up at your midden. And you dare to call us paranoid....

Stick to pulling the pints in Firewater, Ally.

Haha. You in at the weekend then? Shoulda said hi! I bear no grudges from our online tussles.

Me and the DJ are literally the only 2 Rangers fans in there. Everybody else is Celtic minded.

Reminds me of a time when I got turfed out of Almondvale for having the nerve to stand up and shout "for fuck sake!" when went down 4-0 in the first half.

Haven't been back there since.

We miss you son, come back. To be fair, I think every fan has experienced problems with stewards.

Haha. You in at the weekend then? Shoulda said hi! I bear no grudges from our online tussles.

Me and the DJ are literally the only 2 Rangers fans in there. Everybody else is Celtic minded.

Haha I was. I was actually gonna say hi but you were working behind the bar and it was really busy. First time I have been in there in ages - think the last time I was there was for the quiz about two months ago. The lad who runs the quiz on a Monday night that has been relocated from the Brunswick Cellars is brand new; it's just not the same though. I heard a rumour Firewater is closing as well or is that bullshit?

So he was at the game?

Yes.

I'll need to give Tam Cowan a nudge then. I'm sure he's been in the Motherwell crowd that's been told to sit down whilst the Old Firm visitors are standing to a man.

Haha I was. I was actually gonna say hi but you were working behind the bar and it was really busy. First time I have been in there in ages - think the last time I was there was for the quiz about two months ago. The lad who runs the quiz on a Monday night that has been relocated from the Brunswick Cellars is brand new; it's just not the same though. I heard a rumour Firewater is closing as well or is that bullshit?

It was rumoured for ages but Firewater is the only of the three bars (Cellars and Lost Souls) that was apparently making any money. Cellars is owned by Hogs Head now. Was meant to be going in for it opening of Thursday but ended up drinking in Firewater instead. It's a good place to work, mainly for the music but the talent is fantastic also!

Loads of my old college mates were in on Friday, I spent a lot of my time skiving in the DJ booth and cutting about the floor.

So he was at the game?

Yes.

I'll need to give Tam Cowan a nudge then. I'm sure he's been in the Motherwell crowd that's been told to sit down whilst the Old Firm visitors are standing to a man.

I'm sure he has. I'm also sure the opposite has happened on occasion at Celtic Park and Ibrox, just as i'm sure it can be easily explained by considering the obvious dififficulties in doing anything about a group of fans thousands strong standing up, in comparison to small pockets surrounded by thousands sitting. But no, it's got to be some victimisation nonsense about the big bad old firm being given free reign whilst the poor fans of every other team are persecuted and oppressed.

Your man's trying to twist it into an old firm thing, when it's got nothing to do with Celtic and Rangers fans. The police are generally just overzealous jobsworth arseholes to one and all when it comes to football fans.

Archived