2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the same officer that has reported both apparent offences. I'm just wondering why he didn't bother getting his boys in to arrest the offenders or report it to the club? Clearly an agenda although I'm not denying their may have been IRA chants.

They did try to arrest them

From above....

they attempted to arrest someone within the section but many fans did not take kindly to their attempts to charge into a crowd and held off police who were pushing and shoving them. The police retreated empty-handed but after the match they again tried to apprehend someone as fans were walking out of the stadium.

From sitting beside the Green Brigade at the Rennes game, their was no attempt from the police to go into the crowd. They walked up the stairs once, chuckled at the fans jumping up and down and walked back down the stairs.

I can't speak from the Hibs game as my season ticket is over the other end of the stadium.

This is them blocking the Police from arresting someone at the Hibs game.

Statement from Celtic:

Celtic Football Club Statement

By: Newsroom Staff on 18 Nov, 2011 13:58

FOLLOWING the release today of figures by the Scottish Government relating to charges under Section 74 of the Criminal Justice Scotland Act 2003 for the year 2010-2011, Celtic Football Club have released the following statement.

Motherwell continue their impressive season so far. You've got to hand it to Motherwell. For the most part, they know how to pick their managers.

Morton 5-1 Deveronvale

When Deveronvale scored to make it 3-1 just before half time, I was a bit worried. Thankfully, Morton didn't get complacent after that and just did what needed to be done. It helped that Deveronvale are quite simply not very good. Neither were Buckie Thistle though and they brought the two goals back, and we scored in the fourth minute of injury time to win that one. This time, we were happy to soak up a bit and then hit on the break, and we could have scored seven or eight.

We also had FOUR penalties knocked back. Two of them would have been soft, but two of them were total stonewallers.

All in all, the fourth round beckons. That's all that matters.

Shocker of a game at Ferguson Park today, Whitehill got the three points though, against an Edinburgh Uni side who did nothing but stick the boot in - mostly fairly it has to be said - all afternoon. Still, a win, and I won the raffle, so not a bad day!

Rangers result left me disappointed, devoid of ideas were the words I heard used. Ach well, still 10 points clear for now.

And I always expected Gala to lose to Airdrie, but 11-0 is a sore one for them. Good luck to Culter as well, in the draw due to a technicality at Spartans which saw them chucked out (ha ha, big club my arse btw) and they get a draw with Partick and a replay at Firhill. Well played.

• Paid Members
Were either of our Aberdeen fans at the game yesterday? Just wanted to know your opinion on the situation regarding your stewards? A few of our fans were launched out, unfairly if they're to be believed.

Well I'm in the South a block away from the away fans but from what it would appear, it was nothing to do with stewards as police were running from the opposite side of the south stands and rds. No idea what was happening though, couldnt see. Just saw a good few police officers running towards the away end.

From what I've heard, and apparently this is coming from some Aberdeen boards as well, a few stewards decided to put on the billy big bollocks act and manhandle a few Motherwell youngsters, which wasn't well received by other supporters.

Even the police weren't happy with how the situation went down.

• Paid Members
From what I've heard, and apparently this is coming from some Aberdeen boards as well, a few stewards decided to put on the billy big bollocks act and manhandle a few Motherwell youngsters, which wasn't well received by other supporters.

Even the police weren't happy with how the situation went down.

Hmmm. Maybe that's how it started. As I said, I never saw what was actually happening. Just the reaction of the police in the ground.

Archived