2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
And Hearts aren't a "proper" football club Soapy, no?

Thought you'd know this by now!

Anyone outwith the Old Firm aren't proper football clubs!

All hail our Blue/Green & White overlords. We are here to serve them.

Around 24 hours to go before the game which could potentially see Neil Lennon getting the sack, and us potentially move six points clear of Celtic. As much as I'm hoping for the latter to happen, I have to admit that I'm not that confident. Also, for some reason, I'm not that concerned by it.

I don't think that anyone expects us to still be where we are come January or so, and I'm more concerned with who is sitting below Celtic. We currently hold a seven point lead over St Johnstone, and eight over Hearts.

I'd happily take a point tomorrow in exchange for a win over Craig Brown and his merry band of duds in a fortnight :laugh:

Motherwell were an absolute disgrace yesterday. Literally tried to kick us off the park for 90 minutes. I thought it was a good win for us. Adam Matthews is going to be a top full back one day.

Away you go Soapy. Every time one of our players put in a tackle your players went down like a sack of tatties. Both Forrest & Samaras are a disgrace to the sport with their theatrical performances.

I saw a few incidents outside the stadium afterwards as well, ensuring that your support lived up to their stellar reputation when they visit (well, a fair chunk of them lived within walking distance of our stadium right enough).

Lennon was a shade over ten minutes from getting his walking papers. With performances like yesterday it won't be long before his luck runs out and we can finally see the back of him altogether. Watching him constantly leaving his technical area and moaning like fuck every time something went against Celtic was cringeworthy at times. An odious little man for sure, and someone who could do worse than look at our very own Stuart McCall to see how a football manager can display passion and also carry himself with dignity & respect.

Not to mention the fact that he could also learn a bit about how to actually do the job from our Stuart :smug:

Motherwell were an absolute disgrace yesterday. Literally tried to kick us off the park for 90 minutes. I thought it was a good win for us. Adam Matthews is going to be a top full back one day.

Away you go Soapy. Every time one of our players put in a tackle you're players went down like a sack of tatties. Both Forrest & Samaras are a disgrace to the sport with their theatrical performances.

I saw a few incidents outside the stadium afterwards as well, ensuring that your support lived up to their stellar reputation when they visit (well, a fair chunk of them lived within walking distance of our stadium right enough).

Lennon was a shade over ten minutes from getting his walking papers. With performances like yesterday it won't be long before his luck runs out and we can finally see the back of him altogether. Watching him constantly leaving his technical area and moaning like fuck every time something went against Celtic was cringeworthy at times. An odious little man for sure, and someone who could do worse than look at our very own Stuart McCall to see how a football manager can display passion and also carry himself with dignity & respect.

Not to mention the fact that he could also learn a bit about how to actually do the job from our Stuart :smug:

The same Stuart "manager of the month" McCall who the media says has Motherwell playing like "title contenders" but has already been cuffed twice by Celtic and once by Rangers this season?

Keith Lasley and Steve Jennings are animals. Both should have been off - the first tackle by Lasley on Forrest was an outrage. Not to mention the curious appointment of Charlie Richmond who hasn't refereed a top match in well over a year because of his ineptitude; why was he in charge? In the first half especially, he let Motherwell away with murder.

Our luck will run out? We've just had a decent week in which we turned over a good French side and beat fellow "title contenders" away from home with some ingenuity from Paddy McCourt and the excellent link-up play of Stokes and Hooper that saw us turn over many sides last season. But of course, Neil Lennon's behaviour is the talking point of the day. :laugh:

The same Stuart "manager of the month" McCall who the media says has Motherwell playing like "title contenders" but has already been cuffed twice by Celtic and once by Rangers this season?

McCall takes a club the size of Motherwell to 3rd (well, joint 2nd actually) in the table, seven points clear of our nearest non-old firm rivals by early November. You don't think he's deserving of manager of the month?

As for the media saying we're playing like title contenders, I'd like you to provide a link to such shite. The truth is, the media have completely ignored the fact that we've been sitting in 2nd place at all! We've never been mentioned as "title contenders", not by the media, and certainly not by anyone at the club.

Keith Lasley and Steve Jennings are animals. Both should have been off - the first tackle by Lasley on Forrest was an outrage. Not to mention the curious appointment of Charlie Richmond who hasn't refereed a top match in well over a year because of his ineptitude; why was he in charge? In the first half especially, he let Motherwell away with murder.

Both Lasley & Jennings knew exactly what they were doing. Laying down markers for the remainder of the game. It worked, didn't it? How effective was Forrest yesterday? Jennings is our midfield enforcer, that much is true, and he does that job really fucking well in my opinion.

It's football, not ballet. If the boy can't take a tackle then that's his problem.

What's the excuse for the theatrical performances from Samaras then? Or the fact that Hooper basically slapped Clancy before Clancy kicked him?

Our luck will run out? We've just had a decent week in which we turned over a good French side and beat fellow "title contenders" away from home with some ingenuity from Paddy McCourt and the excellent link-up play of Stokes and Hooper that saw us turn over many sides last season. But of course, Neil Lennon's behaviour is the talking point of the day. :laugh:

Aye, your luck will run out. With ten minutes to go it looked pretty bleak for you lot, didn't it? Lucky for you Paddy managed to sober himself up enough to stumble through our defence and make that pass, eh?

Lennon will be gone by the end of the season. It's just unfortunate we couldn't claim the satisfaction of hammering the final nail into that coffin. It'll come soon enough though, and I'll be there, laughing like the rest ;)

Offft, the fight for 2nd place has caused handbags on the UKFF.

Champions again ole ole.

Come on now, 2nd place was never in question. Seriously, we don't have the resources or the squad to challenge the Old Firm over a prolonged period of time.

The title is pretty much over though, I'll give you that.

What's your point here? With the players Rangers and Celtic have, they SHOULD be beating Motherwell. Those results do nothing to negate the fact that Stuart McCall has done a very good job at Motherwell so far.

And it should be noted that the media are rarely worth listening to.

Not to mention the curious appointment of Charlie Richmond who hasn't refereed a top match in well over a year because of his ineptitude; why was he in charge?

He's a woeful referee. He did a Morton game a few weeks ago, and he was Hardie levels of bad. And that guy got punted for being shite.

Motherwell were pretty dirty in the first half, and it was deliberate fouls too. Whether there was some play acting or not is pretty irrelevant really. It seemed to be their main focus, and it died down in the second half as they opened up and tried to play.

He's a woeful referee. He did a Morton game a few weeks ago, and he was Hardie levels of bad. And that guy got punted for being shite.

I assume you're referring to Colin Hardie? If so, then no he didn't.

I thought the referee had a poor game yesterday, by my reckoning Motherwell should have been reduced to 9 men in the first half. Game always seemed beyond his control and it came as no surprise that there was ultimately a red card for violent conduct.

I assume you're referring to Colin Hardie? If so, then no he didn't.

Really? The lower division managers all rallied against him around the mid 00s and I haven't seen him since.

He came off the senior list at the end of 2006/07, various reasons mentioned from it being down to poor performance to him swearing at a manager. None of them were accurate though. ;)

Motherwell were pretty dirty in the first half, and it was deliberate fouls too. Whether there was some play acting or not is pretty irrelevant really. It seemed to be their main focus, and it died down in the second half as they opened up and tried to play.

We weren't dirty, we were simply laying down our markers in midfield. What do you expect us to do? Stand back and allow Forrest and Commons to play the game as they see fit? If Hately had been smart he'd have put McCourt on his arse late in the 2nd half and we wouldn't have lost that goal. You can see Lasley thinking of doing it, but pulling back as he'd been booked.

As much as I don't really agree that Motherwell tried to boot us off the park, I do agree that Steve Jennings did. How anyone can claim he was laying a marker down is a joke, he should have been sent off in the first half.

As much as I don't really agree that Motherwell tried to boot us off the park, I do agree that Steve Jennings did. How anyone can claim he was laying a marker down is a joke, he should have been sent off in the first half.

Jennings & Lasley are exactly the kind of players you lot could have been doing with this season. They don't hide, they don't cry when things aren't going their way, and they give 100% every week.

In fact, they remind me a bit of your manager during his playing days.

Archived