2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As he should. He's probably the greatest Scottish manager of all time aside from Ferguson himself.

I think that's debatable if you bring in such names as Bill Shankly and Matt Busby, but Stein was certainly a great manager and in terms of those who managed their country is perhaps the best.

As he should. He's probably the greatest Scottish manager of all time aside from Ferguson himself.

I think that's debatable if you bring in such names as Bill Shankly and Matt Busby, but Stein was certainly a great manager and in terms of those who managed their country is perhaps the best.

I'm as sick to death of hearing about the fabled Lisbon Lions as you are probably, but the fact that he won the European cup with a squad of players like that puts him right up there in my opinion.

The thing that gives me hope is that (and before Ally, GIB or whoever wades in with their "LOLZ WHAT ABOUT CELTIC?! DESTINATION 55 PENNY ARCADE") I believe Rangers will start to drop some points as the season progresses. I don't really expect too much at the moment, as until we get our own house in order there is no such thing as a title challenge, but Rangers have already been pumped out of three competitions this season by inferior teams. Although right now they would have you believe that they are unbeatable due to an admittedly decent second half showing against Celtic, it's not over yet.

Oh, and David, don't make me laugh. Even a shengus Celtic side disposed of the mighty Steelmen with little to no trouble already.

I don't disagree that Rangers will drop points, but Celtic will drop more. Teams now know how bad the defence is and will have a go at Celtic, like Killie did till the 2nd half collapse when they tried to see it out rather than go for more.

If we can see of Hearts and Aberdeen away in our next two games, then Dundee Utd at home then we'll be laughing in terms of the title. I think it's already more or less in the bag but I'll be a lot more comfortable with my ego if we come through they games unscathed.

We may have been put out 3 competitions already this season, but we haven't been put out the same competition twice which is an absolute certainty to happen to Celtic.

We may have been put out 3 competitions already this season, but we haven't been put out the same competition twice which is an absolute certainty to happen to Celtic.

That may be true, but you have managed to drive a living legend from your club, which must suggest to you that something isn't quite right?

That may be true, but you have managed to drive a living legend from your club, which must suggest to you that something isn't quite right?

We all know something isn't right at the club, nobody is in denial about that. As for Greig, he's not done anything of note as a director except sit in the directors box. I can live with that chair being empty.

I also don't think anybody drove him from the club. new ownership, new plans, new directions that he didn't agree with and thus wasn't involved with. It happens at every major company that changes hands.

We all know something isn't right at the club, nobody is in denial about that. As for Greig, he's not done anything of note as a director except sit in the directors box. I can live with that chair being empty.

I also don't think anybody drove him from the club. new ownership, new plans, new directions that he didn't agree with and thus wasn't involved with. It happens at every major company that changes hands.

Fucking Hell...

Scottish Cup Second Round this weekend, some pretty interesting ties cropped up with teams in different leagues playing each other.

Clachnacuddin v Inverurie Loco Works

Vale of Leithen v Cove Rangers

Gala Fairydean v Golspie Sutherland

Bo'ness United v Whitehill Welfare

Fraserburgh v Elgin City

Wigtown and Bladnoch v Stranraer

Peterhead v Nairn County

Wick Academy v Keith

Culter v Spartans

Alloa Athletic v Annan Athletic

Deveronvale v Berwick Rangers

Auchinleck Talbot v Threave Rovers

East Stirlingshire v Buckie Thistle

Huntly v Queens Park

Montrose v Clyde

Edinburgh City v Irvine Meadow

I'll personally be on the Whitehill supporters bus on Saturday lunchtime to Bo'ness, looking like it could be a cracking game, and Bo'ness expecting upwards of 1500 at the game. Hopefully see Whitehill in the 3rd round draw. Edinburgh City may have increased their gate by signing Russell Latapy this week as well. He's 43 and slow as fuck, but is gonna look amazing at this level if he can still spray the passes about the way he used to.

Should be a good afternoon of football, and hopefully we'll see a fair few non-league teams in the 3rd round - where the 2nd and six of the 1st Division Teams enter

Archived