2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Fantastic result today at Rugby Park. If Killie had won Lennon would have been gone, so this way we get at least a couple more games of Neil Lennon's super free-flowing Celtic. The defence is literally the funniest thing I've seen in football this season.

And the greatest thing is, the club are more concerned about signing James McFadden, a past it, injury prone striker.

4 in a row by April. Too easy.

Fantastic result today at Rugby Park. If Killie had won Lennon would have been gone, so this way we get at least a couple more games of Neil Lennon's super free-flowing Celtic. The defence is literally the funniest thing I've seen in football this season.

And the greatest thing is, the club are more concerned about signing James McFadden, a past it, injury prone striker.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you honestly think James McFadden is past it? Celtic's defence was appalling today, who ever told Majstoravic he was a footballer should be shot. I wonder if Celtic fans still believe that " we are Neil Lennon" ?

Morton 0-2 Hamilton

Despite the result, I felt a bit encouraged. The defence was a lot more solid than they have been all season, although it was two defensive nightmares. So the individual errors are still coming. It's an improvement though. The up front had a rare off-day, and were completely ineffective despite seeing much of the ball. Bachirou continues to impress in the middle of the park.

The game itself was a bit tense and sloppy from both sides. Important one and both sides seemed to be playing a bit cautious. Morton had a couple of decent chances in the first half but all in all, either side created much.

Do you honestly think James McFadden is past it? Celtic's defence was appalling today, who ever told Majstoravic he was a footballer should be shot. I wonder if Celtic fans still believe that " we are Neil Lennon" ?

He'll do alright just now. It just shocks me that Celtic will sign him on 20-25k a week when that's money that should have went getting a defender. He wouldn't get in the current Rangers team and to be honest I don't really see where he fits into the Celtic team.

Your boys weren't too great today either Ally. A draw at home to St Mirren? Quite shabby.

We're not far behind you now, and we're pulling away from Celtic. Does 2nd spot get a Champions League qualifier next season? :smug:

It does actually.

We dropped points on purpose today, didn't want it getting too easy ;)

Obviously sick about the performance and first half today but the second half comeback was inspired. Anthony Stokes has kept Neil Lennon in a job tonight, he was exceptional and looked as if he was playing with real grit. I wonder if Lennon is still of the opinion that he'll let him down in big games. We are a complete shambles at the back, comedy defending in every game. I don't know what the problem is but in terms of defence, we are just about the worst team I can think of. What is Mjallby doing in training if he isn't helping out the defenders? He was the best centre half I've seen at Celtic in my lifetime - it's totally baffling. It's also annoying that Rangers consistently sign solid defenders when it's a position that we've been atrocious in for years.

There is no question that there's serious problems in the dressing room. Kayal's attitude is fucking rotten and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he never turns out for Celtic again. He believes his own hype and is a troublemaker. I'm certain he was trying to get himself sent off before he got hooked at half time. I don't know what the script with Commons is, there has obviously been a dispute there. It doesn't help that our management staff are a rogue gallery of pissheads and who constantly chop and change the backline for every game. Today would definitely have seen Lenny out the door had we not fought back. At 3-0 down, he looked like Tony Mowbray did during the 4-0 gubbing off St. Mirren that saw him off. I think he chucked it and was surprised at the team's comeback. He's a lucky man tonight. I'm not sure what my opinion is as I can't think of a replacement. The silver lining is that we looked like a team who wanted to win in the second half and that Rangers dropped points this afternoon as well. It's not over yet but there will need to be SERIOUS improvements if we are to mount a challenge. I expect us to be pumped by Rennes on Thursday.

• Paid Members
Obviously sick about the performance and first half today but the second half comeback was inspired. Anthony Stokes has kept Neil Lennon in a job tonight, he was exceptional and looked as if he was playing with real grit. I wonder if Lennon is still of the opinion that he'll let him down in big games. We are a complete shambles at the back, comedy defending in every game. I don't know what the problem is but in terms of defence, we are just about the worst team I can think of. What is Mjallby doing in training if he isn't helping out the defenders? He was the best centre half I've seen at Celtic in my lifetime - it's totally baffling. It's also annoying that Rangers consistently sign solid defenders when it's a position that we've been atrocious in for years.

There is no question that there's serious problems in the dressing room. Kayal's attitude is fucking rotten and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he never turns out for Celtic again. He believes his own hype and is a troublemaker. I'm certain he was trying to get himself sent off before he got hooked at half time. I don't know what the script with Commons is, there has obviously been a dispute there. It doesn't help that our management staff are a rogue gallery of pissheads and who constantly chop and change the backline for every game. Today would definitely have seen Lenny out the door had we not fought back. At 3-0 down, he looked like Tony Mowbray did during the 4-0 gubbing off St. Mirren that saw him off. I think he chucked it and was surprised at the team's comeback. He's a lucky man tonight. I'm not sure what my opinion is as I can't think of a replacement. The silver lining is that we looked like a team who wanted to win in the second half and that Rangers dropped points this afternoon as well. It's not over yet but there will need to be SERIOUS improvements if we are to mount a challenge. I expect us to be pumped by Rennes on Thursday.

Lennon is out of his depth and needs to go, iv'e said it before but he has a job on sentiment and little else. A replacement doesn't jump at me either but I hope all the Celtic fans who gave Strachan such shit realise how wrong they were. I'm a fan but the Celtic Way is complete bullshit if we win fuck all.

• Paid Members
the Celtic Way is complete bullshit if we win fuck all.

That IS the Celtic Way isn't it? ;)

I know your joking but the way I more or less see The Celtic Way as an added bonus and far from a neccesity, if we can turn great players into great managers then all the better for us, but it's completely unrealistic and iv'e never been a fan of it, like I mentioned earlier I was a huge fan of Strachan as Celtic manager so i'm not exactly a typical fan, I think Lennon should resign but I don't really see a huge candidate out there to replace him. Half the fans would probably call for Larsson if Lennon went anyway which would defeat the whole purpose of him going.

Lennon is out of his depth and needs to go, iv'e said it before but he has a job on sentiment and little else.

You think so? Perhaps the blame lies more with the players who aren't doing their job than Lennon? That team he put out there yesterday should beat Kilmarnock every day of the week.

Surely the answer would be to keep Lennon and ship out the players who are a disgrace to the shirt?

Surely the answer would be to keep Lennon and ship out the players who are a disgrace to the shirt?

You mean the players who he brought in himself?

Exactly. I doubt he's the first manager to buy a few bad eggs, so to speak. I think maybe even the great Walter Smith was guilty of that during his time, was he not?

Exactly. I doubt he's the first manager to buy a few bad eggs, so to speak. I think maybe even the great Walter Smith was guilty of that during his time, was he not?

Or maybe Neil Lennon is just a shite rookie manager?

Or maybe Neil Lennon is just a shite rookie manager?

Maybe. Although he did run Rangers to within a point last season, didn't he? Not too bad, especially when he was up against Sir Walter.

Archived