2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, I'm fully aware that Celtic have at least one - two, I think - games in hand.

It's good having the points though, eh? This is remarkable, and why I'm convinced we'll be champions again -Last 10 games of last season, first 10 games of this season:St Johnstone 0 Rangers 2Hamilton 0 Rangers 1Aberdeen 0 Rangers 1Rangers 2 St Mirren 1Dundee Utd 0 Rangers 4Rangers 0 Celtic 0Motherwell 0 Rangers 5Rangers 4 Hearts 0Rangers 2 Dundee Utd 0Kilmarnock 1 Rangers 5Rangers 1 Hearts 1St Johnstone 0 Rangers 2Inverness 0 Rangers 2Motherwell 0 Rangers 3Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0Dundee Utd 0 Rangers 1Rangers 4 Celtic 2Dunfermline 0 Rangers 4Rangers 2 Kilmarnock 0Rangers 1 Hibs 0Played 20Won 18Drawn 2Lost 0Points 56Goals For 48Goals Against 5

• Paid Members

Ten points clear with Motherwell second. I figure we stop now, right?

While your obviously jumping the gun I feel Lennon has his job more out of sentiment than anything else.
Absolutely. I would love for Rangers to open up the gap even further on Celtic. Rather than Lennon walk away from Celtic due to "outside influences" I'd much rather their season get so dire they have no other option than to sack him for being a shite manager.

Carrying on my Scottish Cup first round updates, Bo'ness Utd beat Fort William 4-0 in the game postponed last week, and in the single first round replay, Irvine Meadow XI defeated Forres Mechanics 6-3. The updated second round draw looks like this, with ties to be played on the 22nd October.Clachnacuddin v Inverurie Loco WorksVale of Leithen v Cove RangersGala Fairydean v Golspie SutherlandBo'ness Utd v Whitehill WelfareFraserburgh v Elgin CityWigtown and Bladnoch v StranraerPeterhead v Nairn CountyWick Academy v KeithCulter v SpartansAlloa Athletic v Annan AthleticDeveronvale v Berwick RangersAuchinleck Talbot v Threave RoversEast Stirling v Buckie ThistleHuntly v Queen's ParkMontrose v ClydeEdinburgh City v Irvine MeadowGlad that Bo'ness picked up the victor, as I didn't fancy a trip to Fort William to follow Whitehill!

Absolutely. I would love for Rangers to open up the gap even further on Celtic. Rather than Lennon walk away from Celtic due to "outside influences" I'd much rather their season get so dire they have no other option than to sack him for being a shite manager.

You just worry about getting Paw Broon out of Pittodrie lad. Never mind what Lennons up to :smug:

• Paid Members

You just worry about getting Paw Broon out of Pittodrie lad. Never mind what Lennons up to :smug:
The corner has been turned (yet again) now. Honest. We'll be fine. Maybe. :confused:

So some one give me the low down on Derek McInnes

It seems that the [expletive redacted] over on our forums are jizzing over the potential appointment of him, Paul Tisdale and or Karl Robinson as our next manager.

Ive a terrible feeling Ive asked this before and have a bit of Deja-Vu about the whole thing (searched this thread and the forum to no avail), however I get the impression that his team set up to play passing football but if they dont get the pitch the way they want then its game over and that there is no plan B. I also hear that his team are basically a bunch of thugs is this right or a million miles away?

• Paid Members
So some one give me the low down on Derek McInnes

It seems that the [expletive redacted] over on our forums are jizzing over the potential appointment of him, Paul Tisdale and or Karl Robinson as our next manager.

Ive a terrible feeling Ive asked this before and have a bit of Deja-Vu about the whole thing (searched this thread and the forum to no avail), however I get the impression that his team set up to play passing football but if they dont get the pitch the way they want then its game over and that there is no plan B. I also hear that his team are basically a bunch of thugs is this right or a million miles away?

Appears to be a decent manager. Got them promoted and kept them up and look to be progressing.

But just now he is at a nothing club where expectations are low and nobody knows how he will handle pressure.

Oh, its Bristol City? Guess he won't have to worry about that there either :laugh:;)

Archived