2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members

I can't remember if this has been discussed or not yet. Where do we stand on Friday Football?

Purely from a selfish point of view I am all for it. Few beers straight after work, few beers in town after the game.

Saturday and Sunday free. :thumbsup:

I know a few people who are coming out of the woodwork purely because it's on a Friday night but then again I'm sure it has the opposite effect for some punters.

I'd much rather have the 6pm kick off on a Saturday night brought back instead though.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You better not get drunk!

Why the hell not? I'll be fine by Saturday afternoon.

Guess you have wiped MacDuff from your memory!

I was only struggling because I had to help carry a wrestling ring up a million fucking stairs...and a little bit hungover.

• Paid Members

I was only struggling because I had to help carry a wrestling ring up a million fucking stairs...and a little bit hungover.

You were dead before I ever picked you up!

I would be very surprised if gets off the ground. Strathclyde police for one have been set against it for a long time due to resources being stretched as it is on Friday nights and i don't think it's any coincidence that they have relented, for an experiment at least, with the infrastructure which is in place for Glasgow Warrior games at Firhill on a Friday night. Not sure if it's similar sized crowds expected but i would imagine it wouldn't be a million miles apart and a similar operation.

That being said sending the Pars to Aberdeen is lunacy. Distance plus the the way Aberdeen are playing could mean one of Aberdeens lowest ever SPL attendances ? Motherwell / St Mirren or Dundee United / St Johnstone would have made more sense for me.....

You haven't seen the last of those stairs I'm afraid...

• Paid Members

You haven't seen the last of those stairs I'm afraid...

Pfft! It's not half the amount of stairs as some of the other places! Nor the awkwardness!

Archived