2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I meant to ask, neither of you made the journey yesterday I take it?

Sadly not. I've just started a new job and I'm skint at the moment so no games for a while sadly.

It's been ages since I was last at Fir Park too. The last time I was there the game was so boring we ended up watching the kids playing frisbee in the garden you see from the away end.

• Paid Members
I meant to ask, neither of you made the journey yesterday I take it?

It's been ages since I was last at Fir Park too. The last time I was there the game was so boring we ended up watching the kids playing frisbee in the garden you see from the away end.

Seriously don't know how Fir Park can handle Rangers and Celtic coming to town. The streets are unbelievably narrow and there is a big, bloody school attached to the side of the stadium. Close across the road, VERY close across the road are back and front door houses. It must be rather cramped up there.

Craig, one of those is wrong. Cove Rangers won 4-0. I'm hoping they get far enough to get a decent draw as my mates garden is right behind one of the goals. Free entry and beers will do me just fine!

The shocking thing about that being wrong is I copied and pasted that list directly from the SFA website!

Those houses behind the cove goal are rediciulously close but yeah being able to watch the game and have a beer sounds good. I was there last year to see them go out to Berwick. Hopefully they do a bit better this time round. Cove was quite a depressing place though.

• Paid Members
Craig, one of those is wrong. Cove Rangers won 4-0. I'm hoping they get far enough to get a decent draw as my mates garden is right behind one of the goals. Free entry and beers will do me just fine!

The shocking thing about that being wrong is I copied and pasted that list directly from the SFA website!

Those houses behind the cove goal are rediciulously close but yeah being able to watch the game and have a beer sounds good. I was there last year to see them go out to Berwick. Hopefully they do a bit better this time round. Cove was quite a depressing place though.

It's not really a place... more of a community. Saying that, Aberdeen isn't the cheeriest of places as a whole either!

• Paid Members

I've no desire to get into a Jimmy Calderwood debate with anyone but I'll just leave this here as it amused me....

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7210438/Mediawatch

Anyone who pays attention to Scotch football will know Aberdeen are not in the best shape at the moment. They're second bottom, and have only won one league game this season.

And so The Scotsman asked ex-manager Jimmy Calderwood to offer his opinion on why things have gone tits up.

He said: "A lot of experienced players, and winners, have left the club. Zander Diamond left, Derek Young knew what Aberdeen was about, Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald, good pros who know what's needed to win a football game."

Aside from the fact that those "winners" are now playing for Oldham, Grindavik, Astereas Tripolis and Morecambe respectively, in the two seasons when the "good pros who know what's needed to win a football game" were at Aberdeen, the team won 24 league games out of 76, and were put out of the Scottish Cup by Dunfermline and Raith Rovers.

Jimmy Calderwood is currently not working.

Archived