2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
OK, it seems Watttie wants to buy FROM Green. Riiiiight.

Also, SPL fixtures are due to be published on Monday but the SPL can't vote on a newco for 14 dayys after I applies, which hasn't happened yet? The fuck?

I don't think that's right.

Smith tried to buy the assets from the assets under the same terms Green had but couldn't unless Green tore up the deal he had in place.

Green's actually handled it pretty well, to be fair. It was blatantly obvious that he wasn't going to step aside but encouraging them to invest in the NewCo AND saying he wants Smith as Chairman is a pretty clever move. Well compared the absolutely boneheaded moves that's been happening at Ibrox for the past year anyway.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Charles Green also stated Ian Hart, a Glasgow businessman, was part of his consortium and Ian Hart has denied this. I'm fucking lost.

He's also claimed that a one-eyed Italian was going to be one of Rangers close season signings as well, which seems rather unlikely. He's a bullshit artist.

Gattuso signed a two year contract with Sion today. :laugh:

From being linked with one set of cheats to signing for another set of cheats.

Why didn't he wait to sign for the Green Rangers?

• Paid Members

At the moment Rangers are still ranked 50th in the UEFA rankings I'm guessing this newco "The Rangers" will end up at the bottom of the list or not even be on it as soon as they become a new club? If they stay where they are then Fifa must be allowing The Rangers to keep the old history then?

My cousin is a big Rangers fan and so are all his mates bar one. He has a group of 10 pals and only one is a Celtic fan. The one Celtic fan out of his pals has had a small giggle over this and as he had a giggle all of them turned on him and pelted him with eggs a 24 box of eggs I might add. Poor show I thought. They couldn't take the banter.

My cousin is a big Rangers fan and so are all his mates bar one. He has a group of 10 pals and only one is a Celtic fan. The one Celtic fan out of his pals has had a small giggle over this and as he had a giggle all of them turned on him and pelted him with eggs a 24 box of eggs I might add. Poor show I thought. They couldn't take the banter.

I've made an arse of myself, a few comments up. THIS HOWEVER IS BRILLIANT.

Rangers will be included in the SPL fixtures, they said the other day. The Rangers have applied for SPL membership according to Green but the SPL say they've yet to receive any application. Charles Green also stated Ian Hart, a Glasgow businessman, was part of his consortium and Ian Hart has denied this. I'm fucking lost.

I don't get that. How can you plan fixtures without knowing for sure who the teams are? Surely the police would need to be able to plan around where different fixtures are happening. What team would be coming up if The Rangers aren't given absolution anyway?

If I was Ian Hart, I'd sue for slander.

Rangers will be included in the SPL fixtures, they said the other day. The Rangers have applied for SPL membership according to Green but the SPL say they've yet to receive any application. Charles Green also stated Ian Hart, a Glasgow businessman, was part of his consortium and Ian Hart has denied this. I'm fucking lost.

I don't get that. How can you plan fixtures without knowing for sure who the teams are? Surely the police would need to be able to plan around where different fixtures are happening. What team would be coming up if The Rangers aren't given absolution anyway?

If I was Ian Hart, I'd sue for slander.

And if it is 2nd place that comes up from the First (Dundee) they would most likely end up with both Dundee teams at home on various weekends. That would be fun.

I reckon they're proceeding as planned in the belief that Rangers will be playing in the SPL next season in some form.

And if it is 2nd place that comes up from the First (Dundee) they would most likely end up with both Dundee teams at home on various weekends. That would be fun.

They'd most likely just allow Dunfermline to stay up. Not the right choice, but what I think they'd go with.

I'm 99% sure that the SPL regulations say that the bottom team goes down regardless. (Well, unless they're Aberdeen. ;) ) I think that would imply that if an SPL club ceases to exist then it needs to be replaced by the second team from the First Division.

At the same time, the police in Dundee must be a bit pissed off. If Dundee are let in then they've got to co-ordinate games between the two Dundee clubs AND the St. Johnstone fixtures without actually knowing if or when they'll all take place. "Rangers" as placeholders have to be scheduled to have no home games on the same day as Dundee Utd as well as none when Celtic are at home. And if they publish a fixture list with Rangers listed on it, the uproar amongst fans is going to be pretty mental, not to mention that Dundee (or Dunfermline or whoever) would be able to make a case that it was prejudicial.

THE RANGERS - WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY (unless it's from

I'm 99% sure that the SPL regulations say that the bottom team goes down regardless. (Well, unless they're Aberdeen. ;)

Too big a club to go down. They realised the league needed us. :cool:

When I saw your name as the last post there I assumed you'd have mentioned the mighty 'Well not getting relegated a few years back either! :laugh:

I'm 99% sure that the SPL regulations say that the bottom team goes down regardless. (Well, unless they're Aberdeen. ;)

When I saw your name as the last post there I assumed you'd have mentioned the mighty 'Well not getting relegated a few years back either! :laugh:

What was that down to again? Was it Falkirk (or someone else) not having a stadium big enough for the SPL?

What was that down to again? Was it Falkirk (or someone else) not having a stadium big enough for the SPL?

Aye, Falkirks stadium didn't meet SPL requirements.

The latest in the Rangers carry-on;

The Scottish Premier League's investigation into possible dual contracts at Rangers has been put on hold.

Scotland's top flight is seeking clarity over the new company's responsibilities for previous misdemeanours.

Rangers's new chief executive Charles Green has begun talks with the league over his "newco" application.

The application will be discussed at an SPL board meeting on Monday.

The SPL investigation was launched in early March following allegations that some Rangers players received payments in the past that were not part of their official contracts.

Last month, following disclosures by BBC Scotland about an Employee Benefit Trust operated by the club and former owner Sir David Murray's company, the SPL issued an assurance that it was progressing with the probe.

But, with the "old" Rangers destined for liquidation, matters have drawn to a halt as the issue of who can be held accountable is debated.

Revenue and Customs issued a bill to Rangers for unpaid tax on the EBT schemes, believed to be in the region on

That's bullshit. If they were using illegally registered players for all that time, every game they played is a 3-0 loss. That would mean they'd have been relegated already and wouldn't have a share in the SPL to transfer.

That's bullshit. If they were using illegally registered players for all that time, every game they played is a 3-0 loss. That would mean they'd have been relegated already and wouldn't have a share in the SPL to transfer.

They're stalling, Kenny. Rangers will be playing in the SPL next season, I guarantee it.

Archived