2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Leave Celtic out of it. Nothing to do with them.

How can a newco have Rangers history? Newco, Newclub, NewHistory. That club is about to be liquidated. Like the dodo. You can't just transfer all that to a new legal entity. Murray and Whyte killed Rangers.

Leave Celtic out of it. Nothing to do with them.

How can a newco have Rangers history? Newco, Newclub, NewHistory. That club is about to be liquidated. Like the dodo. You can't just transfer all that to a new legal entity. Murray and Whyte killed Rangers.

I am in fact the dumb one. For some reason I thought the newco could somehow obtain the rights one way or another. I've just read an article explaining it. I apologise.

• Paid Members
link

It's a simple Q and A on the BBC website, explaining it easily for plebs like me!

It's wrong about Airdrie United though. They aren't a "NewCo" they're Clydebank and the SFL recognise them as having Clydebank's history and being founded in 1965.

Don't know how that affects Rangers though.

A lot of the fans just aren't realising the fact that Rangers will be dead. They seem to think this is just a new start. It's not. Gone. Dead. Buried.

I'm pretty much passed the point of caring now to be honest. Rangers have acted so badly since this began, and so much shite has come out about what's been going on behind the scenes, that it's really hard to argue that liquidation isn't what we deserve.

No idea what I'll do next season.

• Paid Members
This isn't the death of Rangers Football Club, it's the end of a chapter, an embarrassing one at that, Rangers Football Club existed before the formation of the "company" and we'll continue to exist and come back in better shape, and with any fucking luck HMRC will now go after the crooks who have brought our great club to its knees.

Thats not stricty true is it, its like hw mk dons pretend they won the fa cup (afc wimbledon got the trophy) you might have the name and the stadium but everything else is a clean slate all those titles/trophies you won as glasgow rangers fc wont be part of the new clubs history.

I don't think they've ever won any titles or trophies under the guise of Glasgow Rangers FC?

Why should Rangers fans aplogise or at least accept that RFC should shoulder the blame? You cheered when Rangers players scored, Rnagers players bought and paid for by money that was owed to the taxman. You partied when your team lifted trophies won by players bought and paid for by money that was owed to others. Have a bit of shame, a bit of humility in your cheating and other teams might not be as willing to put the boot in.

We are the people - possibly this mentality got you into the state you ended up in. YWTP.

I'm so fucking sorry that some cunts who ran our football club fucked everyone around in a situation which we had no power to take control over.

Get a fucking grip, you absolute moron. It's one thing calling the people who run a club crooks and I'd agree but asking fans to apologise? Desperate and sad.

That said, I'm with unfitfinlay on this one. I really don't know what to think and whether I can really continue supporting this new club.

• Paid Members
So anyone tell me anything vaguely great and positive about Jody Morris?

Anyone?

:angry:

I was shocked to see that's where he was going.

He's ok at best in the SPL, so doesn't bode well for Bristol City.

Better than Ricky feckin Foster!

I know there's no-one on this thread saying it but the amount of "Scottish football will die without Rangers" paranoia is doing my nut in. It has a chance without them, with them, it dies through a lack of any integrity. What if Rangers come straight back into the SPL, then get relegated, do we not have relegation for a year as "it's bad for Scottish football"?

• Paid Members
What if Rangers come straight back into the SPL, then get relegated, do we not have relegation for a year as "it's bad for Scottish football"?

No, Rangers are relegated. Have no qualms about that. Even I would "walk away" if they were allowed back in.

If they get allowed back into the SPL, get hit with a "-30" points deduction, then get relegated, then relegation it is.

I'm looking forward to Division 3 next year. Surely that means that the league would get some TV coverage? ..which is a good thing.

Archived