2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

He was Celtic's youth/reserve coach from 1994 until 2009.

Yeah, so what is his rep like then?

Some fans wanted him as manager before Neil Lennon was appointed as he had done so well with the young teams.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some fans wanted him as manager before Neil Lennon was appointed as he had done so well with the young teams.

So what players has he bought through then? Can he turn an academy that is awful into one that actually produces players who can play in the first team or be sold on for profit?

So what players has he bought through then? Can he turn an academy that is awful into one that actually produces players who can play in the first team or be sold on for profit?

I'm not old enough to know how the youth set-up was before he took over so I can't really answer the second question. Players he brought through is just going by memory as I don't have a list or anything.

David Marshall, Aiden McGeady, Shaun Maloney, Stephen Crainey, John Kennedy, Craig Beattie, Stephen McManus, Darren O'Dea, Paul Caddis.

He's brung through more but I've just kinda stuck to naming players who I think are capable of playing at Championship level.

I'm not old enough to know how the youth set-up was before he took over so I can't really answer the second question. Players he brought through is just going by memory as I don't have a list or anything.

David Marshall, Aiden McGeady, Shaun Maloney, Stephen Crainey, John Kennedy, Craig Beattie, Stephen McManus, Darren O'Dea, Paul Caddis.

He's brung through more but I've just kinda stuck to naming players who I think are capable of playing at Championship level.

Cheers. McManus was terrible for us on loan and hasnt done much at Middlesborough tbh. But if he can make them league worthy then that is all good

• Paid Members

Cheers. McManus was terrible for us on loan and hasnt done much at Middlesborough tbh. But if he can make them league worthy then that is all good

How's Tricky Ricky Foster getting on down there? Still can't believe we got money for him!

How's Tricky Ricky Foster getting on down there? Still can't believe we got money for him!

Well the mentalists amongst our fanbase rate him because of his versitility and speed.

However from what Ive seen, he is out of position all of the time, forever getting caught out when teams attack and is generally woeful..

• Paid Members

Well the mentalists amongst our fanbase rate him because of his versitility and speed.

However from what Ive seen, he is out of position all of the time, forever getting caught out when teams attack and is generally woeful..

That's our Ricky! He was made captain at the start of last season. A woeful decsion by Craig Brown. Ricky seemed to think, being Captain meant you blames everyone else for your own mistakes.

I remember up at Inverness on Christmas Eve. He lost the ball to Johnny Hayes, and failed to track back. Andrew Considine came over to cover the left, got skinned, made up ground and got the block in and it went out for a conrer, which inevitably resulted in a goal. Before the corner was taken, Foster had a right go at Considine and most of our stand, got up and gave Foster a right bollocking. We went on to lose that match 2-1.

A complete prick who never took any responsibility!

Second worst captain we've ever had, behind Mark Kerr.

• Paid Members

He's versatile to be fair. He's equally awful no matter where he plays.

• Paid Members

He's versatile to be fair. He's equally awful no matter where he plays.

I'm fucking versatile! In my football life I've played Goalkeeper, Centre Half, Right Back, Right Wing, Striker and Subbee!

It amuses me that Ricky Foster had probably the best games of his career whilst in a Rangers shirt and playing in the Champions League. That Valencia game he played, he was a revelation as a wing back in a five man defence. He even could have scored - and should've!

• Paid Members
It amuses me that Ricky Foster had probably the best games of his career whilst in a Rangers shirt and playing in the Champions League. That Valencia game he played, he was a revelation as a wing back in a five man defence. He even could have scored - and should've!

Missed an open goal iirc. I was watching the highlights in Nottingham and I took great pleasure in seeing him miss.

Typical Foster.

Archived