2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

I see our manager has come out and made a completely ridiculous statement regarding the situation at Rangers;

McCall admits Rangers' loss has been Motherwell's gain and he sympathises. He added: "They're going through hell but it does not just have an impact on them

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not ditching my season ticket because Rangers have adversely affected the SPL, I'm doing so because they're basically doing whatever it takes to ensure they get the kind of treatment that no other club would in their position.

Be fair.

Celtic would get the same treatment if they'd been as horrifically mismanaged.

I'm not ditching my season ticket because Rangers have adversely affected the SPL, I'm doing so because they're basically doing whatever it takes to ensure they get the kind of treatment that no other club would in their position.

Be fair.

Celtic would get the same treatment if they'd been as horrifically mismanaged.

Yeah, apologies on that. I meant to say no non-Old Firm club.

The transfer embargo on Rangers has also been thrown out;

A judge has ruled that the Scottish Football Association (SFA) acted beyond its powers in imposing a year-long transfer ban on Rangers FC.

The ban was given, along with a fine of

• Paid Members
I see our manager has come out and made a completely ridiculous statement regarding the situation at Rangers;

McCall admits Rangers' loss has been Motherwell's gain and he sympathises. He added: "They're going through hell but it does not just have an impact on them

The transfer embargo on Rangers has also been thrown out;

A judge has ruled that the Scottish Football Association (SFA) acted beyond its powers in imposing a year-long transfer ban on Rangers FC.

The ban was given, along with a fine of

He's probably just sticking up for his old mates. He's a big Rangers man is he not?

Yeah, but there's sticking up for your old club, then there's just talking complete and utter shite. He's done the latter.

Excellent news. Now FIFA will step in as a punishment for Rangers taking the SFA to court. :thumbsup:

The judge dimissed the motion from the SFA QC that the CoAS was the correct court to hear this appeal so I'm not if FIFA can interfere if the Scottish law courts are deeming this a civil law matter. It'd be like saying that Rangers couldn't sue the SFA for breaches of health and safety regulations that resulted in injuries. I think the FIFA rule only applies where the matter going to court is of a sporting nature wheras the judge today has declared it a civil matter.

EDIT: I stand corrected. From the BBC:

The decision now places Rangers on a possible collision course with football's governing bodies.

Prior to the court's decision, the world governing body Fifa said: "Fifa will ask the member association (SFA) to take action so that the club withdraws its request from the ordinary courts.

"Fifa will closely monitor the situation so that the issue is resolved as fast as possible."

You know what IS on the list of available sanctions? Suspending them from the SFA for a year. Or more. Or expelling them altogether.

It all comes down to the size of the SFA's balls, so to speak. Considering who their President is I wouldn't hold my breath. Although having the eyes of the likes of UEFA on them may force their hand.

Here's hoping so, that's for sure.

Archived