2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From on outsiders point of view, I don't understand why fans of all the other clubs bar Celtic would actually want Rangers to cease to be, surely they bring massive gate receipts twice a season?

Because they've cheated every club in the league, not just Celtic.

Bydo, I do have sympathy for fans like yourself. Unfortunately, there is not a great deal of fans like you.

New-Celtic-Strip-2012-13.jpg

The new Celtic tap as modeled by the Greek God Samaras. I actually saw Samaras a few months ago and he kept staring at me.

Probably trying to figure out if he could buy some coke from you.

As for the top, I'm surprised Tennants agreed to such a small logo, guess they need to take what they can get since there'll only be one Glasgow team to sponsor next season.

New Rangers kit.

New-Rangers-Strip-12-13.jpg

Good to see Rangers have removed the stars which represented the titles they cheated their way to. :thumbsup:

Have they renewed their deal with Tennents or did they have time left on existing deal? Thats a big amount of space to conceed on the logo for such a prominent sponsorship deal.

I don't think it has anything to do with any Government order (shrinking of the booze sponsor). Top is supposed to look like the one they wore when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1972.

Why's the Celtic one like that as well then?

• Paid Members
I don't think it has anything to do with any Government order (shrinking of the booze sponsor). Top is supposed to look like the one they wore when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1972.

I don't know why that one is like that, but this blurb was on the Rangers website..

Main club sponsor Tennent's Lager has kindly agreed to change its branding on the home shirt to help mark these significant anniversaries in Rangers' history. The Tennent's logo will now appear below the Club crest on the left breast of the shirt rather than across the chest as in previous seasons.

Steve Annand, Commercial Managing Director for Tennent Caledonian Breweries, said: "When we were approached by Rangers with regards their anniversary season we discussed the new kit design and wanted to play our part to help create what will become a truly classic Rangers shirt, and we feel we have achieved this in a positive way.

"The kit design is based on the strip worn on the famous night in Barcelona back in 1972 and we feel our branding fits this perfectly"

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2749679

I don't know why that one is like that, but this blurb was on the Rangers website..

Main club sponsor Tennent's Lager has kindly agreed to change its branding on the home shirt to help mark these significant anniversaries in Rangers' history. The Tennent's logo will now appear below the Club crest on the left breast of the shirt rather than across the chest as in previous seasons.

Steve Annand, Commercial Managing Director for Tennent Caledonian Breweries, said: "When we were approached by Rangers with regards their anniversary season we discussed the new kit design and wanted to play our part to help create what will become a truly classic Rangers shirt, and we feel we have achieved this in a positive way.

"The kit design is based on the strip worn on the famous night in Barcelona back in 1972 and we feel our branding fits this perfectly"

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2749679

Similar reason. Can ony assume one of the asked first.

Main club sponsor Tennent

Archived