2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Its the usual macho bullshit that comes along with being a football fan i have sang on some great nights at celtic park. Last night of the old jungle being my best memory.

Football has changed and the new stadium sing wasnt as big a thing and there are fans that thought they had to do something to make an atmosphere..

Sing aye destroy the place nah its no worth it...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I hear all that happened was a couple of chairs were damaged because the Green Brigade set off a flare. Hardly "setting fires".

And from someone that was in attendance at the game and had a very very very good view of everything that was happening, I can tell you that there was a fair number of flares and smoke bombs, broken chairs and a couple of real fires.

From what I hear all that happened was a couple of chairs were damaged because the Green Brigade set off a flare. Hardly "setting fires".

And from someone that was in attendance at the game and had a very very very good view of everything that was happening, I can tell you that there was a fair number of flares and smoke bombs, broken chairs and a couple of real fires.

Flares are fucking stupid but it's ludicrous to say the Green Brigade should be ashamed of themselves and brought to account for it if you weren't going to acknowledge when Rangers fans did it against Motherwell at Fir Park. It was shown live on TV, so it wasn't hard to miss for anyone that seen the game.

As for the broken chairs, that happens at Celtic Park and Ibrox when either visit. Acceptable? No. However, no need to be mentioned when it's been happening for years and years.

The real fires, fair enough on that part.

I'm not defending the GB here by the way, I'm totally against the whole smoke bomb and flares thing and some other things that they do. All I'm saying is, it's not fair to only bring this up now because they were involved.

Flares are fucking stupid but it's ludicrous to say the Green Brigade should be ashamed of themselves and brought to account for it if you weren't going to acknowledge when Rangers fans did it against Motherwell at Fir Park. It was shown live on TV, so it wasn't hard to miss for anyone that seen the game.

As for the broken chairs, that happens at Celtic Park and Ibrox when either visit. Acceptable? No. However, no need to be mentioned when it's been happening for years and years.

The real fires, fair enough on that part.

I'm not defending the GB here by the way, I'm totally against the whole smoke bomb and flares thing and some other things that they do. All I'm saying is, it's not fair to only bring this up now because they were involved.

I dis-like any of that stuff regardless of what team does it. It just so happened that the Green Brigade were responsible for what I would class as a very poorly thought out set of actions on this occasion. Lets not forget that it was just a kids game, so what was the point of doing such silly stuff at such a small scale game? It's not going to add to atmosphere, it's more going to highlight how elements of support can't understand simple regulations and laws.

Also, one thing that's been forgotten here, is that the entire enclosure was a non segregated area. All it needed was a few daft people to react on both sides of the divide then we could have had a totally different situation on the go here.

I recognise that it's a problem on both parts of the o/f, and either side that does it are silly and should be brought to account for their actions, but I'd especially like to see the GB dealt with on this occasion in the context of the type of game it was.

Oh, and the volume of flares, smokebombs and fires set off at once, did no one even consider the crowd safety aspects of what they were doing. Probably not. Perhaps they should take a step back and consider some of the wider considerations of repercussions of their actions.

The broken chairs were mentioned as a "larger picture" consideration. I know both sides do it, and its unacceptable, but, really, at a kids game?

Flares are stupid, and have no place in British football.

Neil Lennon gets a 2 game ban for comments after League Cup final. Found not guilty of Ibrox tunnel incident after the officials reports didn't match up. Yet they wonder why their integrity is called into question.

• Paid Members

Neil Lennon gets a 2 game ban for comments after League Cup final. Found not guilty of Ibrox tunnel incident after the officials reports didn't match up. Yet they wonder why their integrity is called into question.

And Lennon wonders why his integrity is called into question.

That doesn't even make sense.

Neither does your mom.

Aye, a tried to make sense of it too. Don't have a clue what he meant.

• Paid Members

Fair enough, I just found it funny the way you posted how the reason Lennon got away with a further ban after being sent off at Ibrox, was because the refs got the story wrong, rather then the truth which was that the ref that sent him off said that the sending off was enough and a further ban was not needed, the fact he has got 1 ban and has 3 other cases pending says allot about Lennon. But yeah bad refs disgrace to the league and all that..

Sky News are reporting that the SFA have banned Craig Whyte from involvement in the Scottish game for life. They have also slapped a twelve month transfer ban on Rangers.

That will sting. Wonder if Rangers have leave to appeal.

Shuggy

I seriously doubt we could sign anyone anyway, so that's not a huge loss although it might be frustrating. The only worry is who leaves. McGregor I could see going now as he realistically isn't going to get any higher and will probably be able to go to the Premiership. Davis is another although I could see him postponing it in order to lift a trophy as captain, and likewise Naismith will likely have to get his fitness up before leaving so I would put him as a potential January leaver.

Other than that, the squad is now mostly made up of youngsters or older players who would want to stay with the club for at least the time being.

Celtic win the youth cup by spanking QotS 8-0. Seems like they have a great youth setup at the moment and would be great to see a few of these guys get a run out in the SPL. With the title won now would be a good chance to give a few more like Watt some appearances and as they've as good as won next year's SPL already they might have more room for manouevre to blood a few more next season.

• Paid Members

Surely Rangers wouldn't have the luxury of Davis staying what could be another 3-4 years to perhaps win something as captain? Anyone who's worth anything/wanted by other clubs will have no choice other than to go in the summer to raise funds/get them off the wage bill.

Archived