2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Jesus, I never really clocked that at the time. Even when the ball's stationary, he's aiming to miss it and take the man.

You are joking, right? He's missed the ball by about 2mm and caught the man. Slowed down, it looks horrendous but he's just desperate to win the ball. He's on the floor so it's not a leg breaker or anything, it's just a late and dangerous challenge that deserves a yellow.

I think you must be the one having a laugh. He lunged past a ball that was practically at a standstill. Missing a ball you would have otherwise reached because the other player is too quick and nicks it away is one thing; Missing a stationary ball, lunging past it and conveniently getting a bullseye on a players shin is another thing entirely.

Also, the comment about it not being a potential legbreaker because he was on the floor doesn't even make sense. Do you need a running start and a huge slide to create the force to break someone's leg or something? Straight leg - check. Studs up - check. Lands right on the shin - check. It was a textbook example of the type of reckless tackle we do refer to in football as a 'legbreaker'. Ledley's a lucky boy.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think you must be the one having a laugh. He lunged past a ball that was practically at a standstill. Missing a ball you would have otherwise reached because the other player is too quick and nicks it away is one thing; Missing a stationary ball, lunging past it and conveniently getting a bullseye on a players shin is another thing entirely.

I've watched it again and you're right, it does look like he's gone for the man and not the ball. Haraga is right though, he does have a rep as a dirty bastard. I still think it's because he's he's turned around very quickly and is just without his bearings. Watching it in full speed yesterday backs that up but when sloed down, it looks horrendous.

Also, the comment about it not being a potential legbreaker because he was on the floor doesn't even make sense. Do you need a running start and a huge slide to create the force to break someone's leg or something? Straight leg - check. Studs up - check. Lands right on the shin - check. It was a textbook example of the type of reckless tackle we do refer to in football as a 'legbreaker'. Ledley's a lucky boy.

You can break someones leg in any number of ways without having any malice. There's no way he's trying to break anyone's leg, it's just a really poor attempt to tackle coming from a player who's spun around quickly. It's a yellow all day because he shouldn't be trying to make that tackle. ledley is lucky because with his leg being planted in front of him like that, he could've got hurt. He can thank his shinguards!

The Green Brigade and their "Hingers on" should be ashamed of themselves after tonight at Ibrox.

Shameful and disgusting scenes, and at a kids game too. Really hope they'll be brought to account, but doubt it.

• Paid Members
The Green Brigade and their "Hingers on" should be ashamed of themselves after tonight at Ibrox.

Shameful and disgusting scenes, and at a kids game too. Really hope they'll be brought to account, but doubt it.

Were you at the game? What happened?

Were you at the game? What happened?

Yup, was there.

GB and Co, with a fairly substantial number of flares and smoke bombs, and also setting fires in the stands during the HT break.

Flares/smoke bombs are somewhat expected, but setting fires in the stands is just lunacy.

(Otherwise, btw, both groups of supporters were fantastic at creating a decent atmosphere. Their actions really soured the occasion)

The Green Brigade are brilliant for their singing and creating an atmosphere but when it comes to putting the reputation of our fans first, they don't give a shit. Some think they are bigger than the club and that the club "needs" them and some of them need to fucking grow up.

The Green Brigade are brilliant for their singing and creating an atmosphere but when it comes to putting the reputation of our fans first, they don't give a shit. Some think they are bigger than the club and that the club "needs" them and some of them need to fucking grow up.

At what point does setting fire to things, disregarding SPL ground rules En masse, and causing injury to other patrons classify as the club needing them?

Fair-dos for them for the match day noise they make. All grounds need a bit of noise, but the above mentioned stuff is moronic, and its beyond me that they keep getting away with it.

At what point does setting fire to things, disregarding SPL ground rules En masse, and causing injury to other patrons classify as the club needing them?

Fair-dos for them for the match day noise they make. All grounds need a bit of noise, but the above mentioned stuff is moronic, and its beyond me that they keep getting away with it.

Why the fuck any fan would want to be an "ultra" I do not know.

Archived